Smith will give UCF an edge against USF

Running off at the typewriter. . . . UCF will win today. I know it. I feel it. Why? Because UCF, with national rushing leader Kevin Smith, can move the ball on anybody, and USF is very vulnerable and very ... Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Gatortrapper

Melbourne, FL

#1 Oct 13, 2007
Hey Bianchi, no offense (oh...that's FSU) but your column today was confusing because your list of "upset specials" did not clearly distinguish one from the other. I don't know how you got your degree without getting out of the remedial English class.

Why don't you use semi-colons to make your column easier to read? Here is a good source for examples on the use of semicolons; http://people.whitman.edu/~hashimiy/scolon.ht...

You do want to be a "semi" pro sports writer don't you?
PocketFullOfShel ls

Sanford, FL

#2 Oct 13, 2007
BULLS ON PARADE!!!
BULLS ON PARADE!!!
BULLS ON PARADE!!!
Bob

United States

#3 Oct 13, 2007
Hope you are right but USF is a complete team. UCF has no defense at all. 35 points in one half to East Carolina. That is ridiculous.
nick

Barnesville, OH

#4 Oct 13, 2007
You are as ridiculous as Marshall fans. Kevin Smith's running numbers are as meaningless as Colt Brennan's. Anything can happen, but the likely outcome is UCF getting beat and beat by a lot. The only things that makes USF susceptible are the rivalry atomsphere and the newly acquired pressure of playing with a target on their back.
CinciBiancifan

Fairborn, OH

#5 Oct 13, 2007
As FSU fan who resides in Cincinnati,thank god our out of conferance schedule doesn't include Kentucky, Cincinnati or Indiana. I lived thru the 0 and 26 days, but it is really hard to watch them right now, I predict 6 losses this year. Also I have always enjoyed your columns even when you rip the Noles.
israel is not the answer

Atlanta, GA

#6 Oct 13, 2007
o'leary needs to quit gving israel most or all of the snaps during practice. go into the game and hope he does'nt lose it for them. then put in greco with little snaps during practice, in hopes that he will save the day. it looks like ucf will be 3-3 by the end of the day. it's time to turn the offense over to greco to salvage the season and prepare for next year. i'd like to see more of a spread offense next year with both k-smith and phillips in at the same time.
Sloppy Joe

Kissimmee, FL

#7 Oct 13, 2007
Now what, Bianchi? Still think USF is vulnerable? Still think Kevin Smith is the be-all of running backs? Still agree with The Hair, who hasn't said anything relevant in years? Give it up. UCF is a long way from the BCS, and USF is for real.
PocketFullOfShel ls

Sanford, FL

#8 Oct 13, 2007
UCF is keeping the score to within half a hundred.

Bulls On Parade.
Sloppy Joe

Kissimmee, FL

#9 Oct 13, 2007
Who would have thought USF could spot UCF 50 points and still cover the spread???? Wake up, Bianchi. You can still buy tickets for the Bull Bandwagon.
Joe

Kathleen, FL

#10 Oct 13, 2007
Bwaaaaaaaahahahahahahhahahahah aha!!!

Gasp...gasp..gasp...

BWASHAHAHAAHAAHAHAHAHAH
CobraJ

Cantonment, FL

#11 Oct 13, 2007
If USF could handle West Virginia's, supposedly Heisman candidates (Steve Slaton, Pat White), they were more than ready to take on Kevin Smith.
What the Bulls did to Slaton and White, they did the same to Smtih, and what a non-factor he was.
Once again, the Bulls D made a great player look like a freshman.
Yo-Yo

Beverly Hills, FL

#12 Oct 13, 2007
Another great call and prediction by Bianchi...

Guy is on crack.

Mike Bianchi is all over the place.

One week you are telling everyone that USF is the best team in the state-- next week you say UCF is going to beat them..

Get a brain.
Honda Rider

Jacksonville, FL

#13 Oct 13, 2007
USF 62 - UCF 12; (notice semi-colon used), Kentucky 43 - LSU 37.
I guess if one wants to win pure cash at the betting tables, take opposite what Mikie picks and "Your in the money..."
Oh yeah...Wake Forest 24 - FSU 21, he picked one right...
USF

Tampa, FL

#14 Oct 13, 2007
USF is beatable? Vulnerable? FAU could beat UCF:)
Good luck to UCF with the rest of their season.
Mark Lopez

Kathleen, FL

#15 Oct 13, 2007
GOLDEN SHOWER [CLAP][CLAP][CLAP] GOLDER SHOWERCLAP][CLAP][CLAP]
GOLDEN SHOWER [CLAP][CLAP][CLAP] GOLDER SHOWERCLAP][CLAP][CLAP]
GOLDEN SHOWER [CLAP][CLAP][CLAP] GOLDER SHOWER!!!!!!!!

UCF SUCKS SOOOOOOO BAD!!!!!
Tom

Huntsville, AL

#16 Oct 13, 2007
Wow, you were way off now weren't you?
USF FAN

Brandon, FL

#17 Oct 13, 2007
BRING ME DAVID WHITLEY'S HEAD ON A PLATTER!
GO BULLS!
Owl Fan

Boynton Beach, FL

#18 Oct 13, 2007
FAU would dominate UCF if they got a chance.

USF wants to end the series with you. Time to give it over to FAU.
Mark Lopez

Kathleen, FL

#19 Oct 14, 2007
I absolutely agree that FAU would dominate UCF. FAU is a very good team with a real coach and I think will round out the big five in years to come.
Tyler

Palm Harbor, FL

#20 Oct 14, 2007
I hope we didn't mess up Kevin Smith's average too bad...
;-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Florida Atlantic Owls NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Florida Atlantic University to get new fitness ... (Aug '07) Nov '09 Jonathan Branger 22
Mike Jarvs, FAU basketball (Apr '09) Apr '09 hmmmmmm 1
Magnet school boots honor student for YouTube v... (Dec '07) Jan '09 Random Friend of ... 57
Collins rises to challenge (Jan '09) Jan '09 FAU 02 2
Owls rout FIU in first round (Mar '08) Mar '08 DUSKY 1
Walters returns to scene of glory (Nov '07) Nov '07 Julio 1
Boston College edges Florida Atlantic (Nov '07) Nov '07 John 1
More from around the web