NCAA Taking Majok's Time

NCAA Taking Majok's Time

There are 6 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Dec 26, 2008, titled NCAA Taking Majok's Time. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Ater Majok figured all along he would be at the XL Center Friday night. "I thought I'd be playing," he said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

Marc Vincent Russo

Burlington, VT

#1 Dec 27, 2008
I wonder what his sat scores are? Maybe that is the holdup.
Eric

Newington, CT

#2 Dec 27, 2008
What a joke that the NCAA has been sitting on this and Ater is losing all this time due to no fault of his own. That is incredibly unfair to this kid. Now if he does get clearence, he will burn a full year of eligibility yet only be with the team for less than half the season. The NCAA needs to get their act together.
Observer

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Dec 27, 2008
This smacks of something against UCONN, in my opinion.
Remember how UCONN has been treated in the past relative to other schools and you'll see what I mean.
When has a player ever been penalized in the following year for an infraction the previous year? Why, it was Rod Sellers, when he pushed Christian Laettner's face into the floor during an NCAA tournament loss in 1991.
It would be interesting to know how many other players have all their info submitted and how long they have waited versus Majok.
Stargazer

Marlborough, MA

#4 Dec 28, 2008
Why, as reporters, have you not pushed the NCAA for their reasons in holding up the approval or disapproval of Majok's application? It would seem to me that part of your journalistic responsibility is to goad the NCAA to explain why this application seems to be stalled. Are you not at all interested in why the NCAA has apparently been so casually indifferent to the negative impact their lack of responsiveness is potentially having on his collegiate career? Isn't ferreting out this kind of information one of the reasons you became a "journalist" in the first place?
Jim

United States

#5 Dec 28, 2008
i'm pretty sure he's trying to do just that. the ncaa is likely not cooperating
MRBJMT

AOL

#6 Dec 28, 2008
Marc Vincent Russo wrote:
I wonder what his sat scores are? Maybe that is the holdup.
Hey NitWit, the Dry Cleaners called. Your white sheet and hat are ready for pick up. Just in time for the cross burning.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairfield University NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fairfield avenges loss 66-45 over Canisius (Jan '13) Jan '13 Louie 2
News Davis becomes 6th freshman to join Fairfield me... (May '12) May '12 Basketball 1
News Dianne Nolan to assist at Yale (Jan '08) Apr '11 America Gentleman... 4
News Girls basketball notebook (Feb '08) Apr '11 America Gentleman... 9
News Stags' leader Han needs to have fun (Dec '08) Mar '10 leader 2
News Stags finish preseason by beating Stonehill (Nov '09) Nov '09 pete321 1
News Stag faithful hang on Cooley's words (Jun '09) Jun '09 RCGlimmer69 3
More from around the web