Thabeet, Adrien Lead UConn Over Fairf...

Thabeet, Adrien Lead UConn Over Fairfield

There are 7 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Dec 26, 2008, titled Thabeet, Adrien Lead UConn Over Fairfield. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

UConn coach Jim Calhoun worried that his second-ranked Huskies might get caught sleeping Friday against Fairfield.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

ken

United States

#1 Dec 26, 2008
sleeping? they were sleeping for 90 percent of the gonzaga game and they were outplayed and really didnt deserve to win. I am a uconn fan but have no problems calling it as i see it.they are ranked number 2 however they arent even close to the caliper of north carolina.i miss the type of players we had in the 90's and even early 2000's.they had heart,they had chemistry and the bench was alot deeper.seems now adays you see these kids getting in trouble more often and after a season or 2 they are already looking at the NBA.what they see is money but what they miss by leaving early is the maturity they need by playing 3 if not 4 years in college.thabeet is not very talented, he is just very tall,he has put some weight on so the other teams cant push him around so much.he is no omeka thats for sure.i would love to see uconn have more inside presence,they seem to be content shooting from the perimeter.i see alot more defensive rebounds and not enough offensive rebounds because nobody is in the paint anymore.
huskies09

Medford, NY

#2 Dec 26, 2008
ken wrote:
sleeping? they were sleeping for 90 percent of the gonzaga game and they were outplayed and really didnt deserve to win. I am a uconn fan but have no problems calling it as i see it.they are ranked number 2 however they arent even close to the caliper of north carolina.i miss the type of players we had in the 90's and even early 2000's.they had heart,they had chemistry and the bench was alot deeper.seems now adays you see these kids getting in trouble more often and after a season or 2 they are already looking at the NBA.what they see is money but what they miss by leaving early is the maturity they need by playing 3 if not 4 years in college.thabeet is not very talented, he is just very tall,he has put some weight on so the other teams cant push him around so much.he is no omeka thats for sure.i would love to see uconn have more inside presence,they seem to be content shooting from the perimeter.i see alot more defensive rebounds and not enough offensive rebounds because nobody is in the paint anymore.
LOLLLLLL!!!! U certainly arent a Uconn fan, and apparently u cant read, Hasheem and Adrien had a combined 41 points and 25 rebounds! and u said they dont have any inside presence??! Wow Unfortunately like the 99% of College kids who think about their future in college and the jobs they will lead after it, so do college basketball players and many who have the opportunity to play in the NBA do think about it, this Uconn team is one of the deeper teams, and has an 11-0 record, i've never seen such whiney bitches like ken or whoever from Meriden, you lose you complain, you win you complain, u my friend are certainly not a basketball fan nor a uconn husky, Uconn came out on a 13-2 run against Gonzaga and led the lead slip because of foul trouble from thabeet, in the second half they played with heart and compassion and caused turnovers to win the game, may i suggest switching to a different sport?
Kenisanitwit

Shelton, CT

#3 Dec 26, 2008
Do you know anything? "Thabeet is not very talented"? Show me another player in college who has improved as much over the past couple of years. He was also the defensive player of the year last year. Shouldn't have expected anything more from someone who writes "omeka"....some uconn fan.
ken is a fool

Prospect, CT

#4 Dec 26, 2008
Ken is an ignorant fool from Meriden.
Go Figure
Jim

Glastonbury, CT

#5 Dec 27, 2008
Only 3,000 tickets sold for the John Candy Memorial Bowl in Toronto, the ability to walk up to buy Gampel tickets, thousands of empty seats at the XL Center, TV ratings declining, fans that think the 4qt is optional at the Rent....What is happening to the Big Dog?

It isn't just the economy stupid because this slide has been happening for a few years. Is it the self-absorbed arrogant coaches? Is it the ticket policies based on extortion? Is the frequency of our cherished student athletes appearing in the police blotters? Is the annoying announcers like Joe D which trip over themselves to acclaim the UConn gods?

Hey Randy Edsell, Joe D and Kevin Nathan -- If "our team" stinks so much and tanks at the end of the game repeatedly, and I (and everyone in the stadium) knows the next play that will be called by the Huskies and I am sick of sitting in the cold and I want to get started on my three mile journey to my parked car at the Rent -- I will. I paid my hard earn cash to watch the game and pay a very small portion of Randy's salary. It is my choice. Start catering to me a bit because I am not replaceable as the empty seats should tell all of the empty suits in the athletic program.

I have been going to UConn games since the 1960s and I have had family members who where DI scholarship athletes -- so I understand big time sports. I feel like UConn better get off it high horse and start caring about the fans. This will help to keep the old fans like me and attract a new generation of supporters.
ken

United States

#6 Dec 27, 2008
wow i give my opinion and im a fool its an opinion, relax and go drink some more eggnog, they scored 41 on fairfield, not gonzaga ,lets be real here.hey look thabeet is a tall kid, hey we all thought voshkul was a very good college player so where is he now? he is not nba top line player.i want to see these guys play an inside presence against a top opponant and score 41.lets see them against nc and see how inside they play and how many points they score? im just being realistic, you would see elamin run into the paint he had spunk, you would see ray allen score inside and out.just because i dont like the fact they dont play inside as much as id like doesnt mean im not a fan, no fan likes every aspect of how their team plays, give me a break.like i said its an opinion doesnt mean it give you the right to insult me.nice to see the holiday spirit is alive and well
ken

United States

#7 Dec 27, 2008
ken is a fool wrote:
Ken is an ignorant fool from Meriden.
Go Figure
go figure whose the ignorant fool, im not frommeriden its where my isp is ,now whose the fool for not knowing that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fairfield Stags NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fairfield avenges loss 66-45 over Canisius (Jan '13) Jan '13 Louie 2
News Davis becomes 6th freshman to join Fairfield me... (May '12) May '12 Basketball 1
News Dianne Nolan to assist at Yale (Jan '08) Apr '11 America Gentleman... 4
News Girls basketball notebook (Feb '08) Apr '11 America Gentleman... 9
6'1" PG Austin Richie (Sep '10) Sep '10 INBRecruits 1
News Stags' leader Han needs to have fun (Dec '08) Mar '10 leader 2
News Stags finish preseason by beating Stonehill (Nov '09) Nov '09 pete321 1
More from around the web