Local stars, national scene

Local stars, national scene

There are 7 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Nov 6, 2006, titled Local stars, national scene. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Greg Oden is sitting on the sideline these days during Ohio State practices. He shouts encouragement to teammates, but he's not yet involved in full workouts.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

Jason

Chicago, IL

#1 Nov 7, 2006
Forgot about Luke Zeller at Notre Dame. Maybe you remember him - he was only Indiana's Mr. Basketball.
Indy

Kirklin, IN

#2 Nov 7, 2006
There is way too much hype about G.O. anyway. He is just big. I wish he would have gone to the pros, so they could have ripped him to pieces. Then maybe, he would realize he is NOT all that.
Mister Obvious

Seven Mile, OH

#3 Nov 7, 2006
Jason wrote:
Forgot about Luke Zeller at Notre Dame. Maybe you remember him - he was only Indiana's Mr. Basketball.
I believe the key word in the title was LOCAL.
JAMIE

Troy, MI

#4 Nov 7, 2006
Indy wrote:
There is way too much hype about G.O. anyway. He is just big. I wish he would have gone to the pros, so they could have ripped him to pieces. Then maybe, he would realize he is NOT all that.
If you knew anything at all about Oden, then you would know that he is very humble, and knows he is not ready for the pros. He has said time and time again that he knows he has a lot to learn. Don't be judgmental on matters you know nothing of.
Indy fan

United States

#5 Nov 7, 2006
And none of these guys are playing in there own state, what a joke. Purdue is horrible, no All-Americans want to go there, IU cant land a top 50 recruit and Notre Dame is football school. How is Indiana still considered a great state for basketball. The high school class tourney is boring and all 3 big colleges cant recruit any big time players. Indiana basketball is a joke.
Indy fan

United States

#6 Nov 7, 2006
Did someone say Luke Zeller. He was only good in high school because he got to beat up on small schools. He is not in the same class as Oden, Conley, James, and McRoberts, thats why he wasnt mentioned. Zeller better hit the books hard, he is not going to ever play basketball for money.
Indy fan

United States

#7 Nov 7, 2006
Zeller was Mr. Basketball, man has high school basketball in Indiana gotten weak. Of course Pike and Lawrence North have owned this state in basketball for years, no one has been able to compete with these two schools, everyone else is weak. Pretty sad when hoosier land only has had 2 good teams in years. That Pike team with Vaden, Cage, Barlow, Smith and Lee was just sick, they smoked everyone.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Duke Blue Devils Women's Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Behind Enemy Lines: Q & A with Duke Report (Jan '14) Jan '14 Bo Chiz 1
News How Mike Krzyzewski Is Attempting to Improve Du... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Bigwhit 1
News Cavaliers Drop ACC Opener 77-66 at Boyle's Alma... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Flo 1
News Knaus ejected from Daytona (Feb '06) Feb '10 pete 8
News Mowins: Duke wins, but Terps can feel good, too (Jan '09) Jan '09 FunkyClaude 1
News Plumlee officially a Blue Devil (May '08) May '08 BRIGGS 8
News UConn 78, Old Dominion 63 -- Students, Universi... (Mar '08) Mar '08 jbg-1178 24
More from around the web