Amid scandal, Duke athletics remain u...

Amid scandal, Duke athletics remain under spotlight

There are 3 comments on the The Wesleyan Argus story from May 5, 2006, titled Amid scandal, Duke athletics remain under spotlight. In it, The Wesleyan Argus reports that:

Julian Canzoneri, a beat writer for the Sports Section and a member of the men's soccer team, examines the Duke lacrosse scandal that has taken hold of the national spotlight.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Wesleyan Argus.

Dee

Bedford, TX

#1 May 15, 2006
I have lost all respect for the duke sports program. I was once a fan, but now college sports is becoming like the professional sports. The athletes are protected by money and power. You have to be a saint to be raped and even then it is what you are wearing the sent alarms off and you are no victim. You can tell what kind of school you are getting into by their character and I now see that Duke is a power house made for sports, but it is also a domain for filth. Duke is not fit for all the praise they receive. They are now only worthy for the dirt they live by. Once a success, now they are being shown in the light what others knew behind close doors.
Jason

Billerica, MA

#2 May 18, 2006
Dee wrote:
I have lost all respect for the duke sports program. I was once a fan, but now college sports is becoming like the professional sports. The athletes are protected by money and power. You have to be a saint to be raped and even then it is what you are wearing the sent alarms off and you are no victim. You can tell what kind of school you are getting into by their character and I now see that Duke is a power house made for sports, but it is also a domain for filth. Duke is not fit for all the praise they receive. They are now only worthy for the dirt they live by. Once a success, now they are being shown in the light what others knew behind close doors.
Duke lacrosse may have been one of the best, but no true Duke fan really cares that much about anything than basketball, and their basketball team is fine.
Sharon Grenier

United States

#3 May 24, 2006
To put down a wonderful institution like Duke for a few (as yet innocent) men who grab the headlines is ludicrous. Take a close look at the individuals on the men's basketball team. Read Rick Reilly's Sport's Illustrated article on J.J. Reddick. There is so much positive out there that the "Duke haters" refuse to look at. And just remember, those men on the LaCrosse team are innocent until proven guilty. If they did as they were accused, they will pay the price.

Go Duke!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Duke Blue Devils Women's Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Behind Enemy Lines: Q & A with Duke Report (Jan '14) Jan '14 Bo Chiz 1
News How Mike Krzyzewski Is Attempting to Improve Du... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Bigwhit 1
News Cavaliers Drop ACC Opener 77-66 at Boyle's Alma... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Flo 1
News Knaus ejected from Daytona (Feb '06) Feb '10 pete 8
News Mowins: Duke wins, but Terps can feel good, too (Jan '09) Jan '09 FunkyClaude 1
News Plumlee officially a Blue Devil (May '08) May '08 BRIGGS 8
News UConn 78, Old Dominion 63 -- Students, Universi... (Mar '08) Mar '08 jbg-1178 24
More from around the web