Terps sweep away Duke

There are 33 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Mar 1, 2007, titled Terps sweep away Duke. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

The routine post-game bustle in the visiting locker room at Cameron Indoor Stadium last night was interrupted by the booming voice of a brash Maryland freshman whose play this season has earned him the right to ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Stu

United States

#24 Mar 1, 2007
Yeah, ESPN was bush league last night. The technical difficulties though probably had something to do with the communications infrastructure of that high school gym that Duke plays in. As though listening to Duke Vitale while WATCHING the game isn't bad enough! But the positive that came out of it was that the graphic of the Terps beating Duke 4 of the last 6 times was on the screen long enough for EVERYONE to see. And now it's 5 of 7! NOT OUR RIVAL!!!
John K

Laurel, MD

#25 Mar 1, 2007
How can you write about this game without even mentioning D.J. Strawberry? He was awesome in this game and provided the steady hand / senior leadership that can keep the younger guys in line.
Bob

Glengary, WV

#26 Mar 1, 2007
Any sport, any day it's alway great to beat Duke at their place. Maybe now Dickie V will give someone other than the Blue Devils and Tar Heels some credit. Go Terps. Keep rolling
poopooplater

New York, NY

#27 Mar 1, 2007
dukies for lunch anyone?
John H

Morehead City, NC

#28 Mar 1, 2007
Duke was 14th. Maryland beat them twice, Chapel Hill, and NC State. If they win Sunday they're undefeated against all North Carolina ACC teams,(basketball country). MD has a better overall record, a better conference record, beat them home and away, but watch whose ranked higher come Monday! The polls make no sense.
DICK G

Easton, MD

#29 Mar 1, 2007
GREAT JOB GUYS KEEP IT GOING YOU CAN GO FAR
DICK G

Easton, MD

#30 Mar 1, 2007
GREAT JOB GUYS KEEP IT GOING YOU CAN GO FAR
Scott G

Chicago, IL

#31 Mar 1, 2007
I agree with John in Durham. Duke will be back. I mean they have one Junior (Nelson) and 1 senior that rides the bench. Everyone else is so or fr. Shows you Coach K still wins. However, one simple fact overlooked, Gary has been coaching against K 15+ years, and thats why UMD does so well against Duke. He didn't have talent those first several yrs, but ever since Dixon and Co. arrived, UMD has drawn even or passed Duke head to head. A Durham columnist said before the game on the radio...MD had won 6 of the last 11 against Duke (now 7 of 12). Name any other team to ever have that edge on Duke after K got established (remember, Smith and UNC used to handle him well at first).
greg waxhaw

Columbus, NC

#32 Mar 1, 2007
Go TERPS!!! Put your heelson their throats and CRUSH your way thru the the tournys !!!
TestudoTheDevilS layer

United States

#33 Mar 2, 2007
FEAR DA TURTLE! I'm glad G.W. got the ship afloat again because it wasn't smooth sailing at the beginning of the ACC conference play. Hopefully after a win against the Pack this weekend, MD will be going into the ACC tourney on a 7-gm winning streak and plenty of confidence! The guard play, which was iffy at first is becoming their strongest unit. Much props to Mike Jones, DJ, and Vasquez for stepping up when needed and putting the Terrapins back in contention. One more time...
FEAR DA TURTLE!!!!!!!!!!
GO MD!!!!!!!!!!
Expat Onlooker

Thailand

#34 Mar 3, 2007
John in Durham wrote:
It's been a rough year for the us, but Duke will be back. Coach K. has to dispell the Rumor that he is Gary's Biatch
Coach K sucks camel d!ck and was Dean Smith's biatch for years.
duke fan2010

Pittsburgh, PA

#35 Jul 11, 2007
See what's funny about terp fans is that they think they're team is so great. I mean, you have ONE season with less than 5 losses (2002) and you think you're god's gift to basketball.
Scott G

Frederick, MD

#36 Jul 14, 2007
duke fan2010 wrote:
See what's funny about terp fans is that they think they're team is so great. I mean, you have ONE season with less than 5 losses (2002) and you think you're god's gift to basketball.
Well, we were ranked in the Top 10 over the last 10 years recently. We had a little dip because of a few malcontents recently, but they are done now. While I admit, MD has not reached Duke or UNC in achievements, you cannot deny they are a very good basketball program. As a Duke fan, you should know, Duke has had their struggles against MD over the last 6-7 years, even at Cameron. As much as I get up for the Duke MD games, I think we need to keep it a friendly rivalry, because outside conference play, I am very much an ACC supporter and root for both Duke and UNC outside the conference. Its been a while, so I cant remember which year or teams they were, but I remember quite vividly in the NCAAs when a couple of ACC teams were wrapping up wins to go to the Sweet 16, and the fans started chanting and taunting "ACC", that the way I am. We have the battles behind closed doors, but outside the conference, Ill back all of the ACC teams.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Duke Blue Devils Women's Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Behind Enemy Lines: Q & A with Duke Report (Jan '14) Jan '14 Bo Chiz 1
News How Mike Krzyzewski Is Attempting to Improve Du... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Bigwhit 1
News Cavaliers Drop ACC Opener 77-66 at Boyle's Alma... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Flo 1
News Knaus ejected from Daytona (Feb '06) Feb '10 pete 8
News Mowins: Duke wins, but Terps can feel good, too (Jan '09) Jan '09 FunkyClaude 1
News Plumlee officially a Blue Devil (May '08) May '08 BRIGGS 8
News UConn 78, Old Dominion 63 -- Students, Universi... (Mar '08) Mar '08 jbg-1178 24
More from around the web