Terps sweep away Duke

There are 33 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Mar 1, 2007, titled Terps sweep away Duke. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

The routine post-game bustle in the visiting locker room at Cameron Indoor Stadium last night was interrupted by the booming voice of a brash Maryland freshman whose play this season has earned him the right to ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Hermster

Woodstock, MD

#1 Mar 1, 2007
Yeah baby! Yeah!!!!!
Lescoeurs

United States

#2 Mar 1, 2007
The old adage is "You won't go far at tournament time without good guard play, especially at point." After the debacle of Gilchrist, McCray et al, Gary Williams knew what he had to do. Most coaches would have recruited a good one; Gary got TWO !!! GENIUS. AND, because of last season's catastrophe at the position, Strawberry got lots of experience. So the Terps have 3 experienced ball handlers. The greatest thing about the current run is that turnovers have practically disappeared. How far can they go ? I don't want to sound delusional, but the way they are playing they can be ANYBODY. EASILY. Be afraid. Be very afraid. The Turtle is BACK.
Jeff Rollins
Valencia, CA
John K

United States

#3 Mar 1, 2007
I hate Duke.
dj khalid

Pompano Beach, FL

#4 Mar 1, 2007
I hate Duke too. They bums. They never been no good at nothing. GO TERPS!!
Steve

United States

#5 Mar 1, 2007
These guys have all the makings right now of a Final Four team!!

FEAR THE TURTLE!!!
Pete

Rockville, MD

#6 Mar 1, 2007
It's amazing what a little bit of confidence can do for a team loaded with talent. It must be why one becomes a coach, guiding college men through a season which went from the pits, struggling through tight games marred by inconsistency, and then see the dream come alive. No one knows their destiny, but believing in themselves shows.
David

Sterling, VA

#7 Mar 1, 2007
I just don't want MD to get cocky. There has been a few times that MD has entered the NCAA tournament as a 7 seed or higher and lost in the first round. I really don't want to see that happen this year. They need to keep the intensity up every game and not let the opponent dicate the tempo. Go Terps!
Ben

Ellicott City, MD

#9 Mar 1, 2007
what now, naysers?

“"open minded" ”

Since: Feb 07

Baltimore

#10 Mar 1, 2007
Shhhhhh! Not so loud! Remember Jack the Giantkiller! FEAR THE TURTLE!!
John in Durham

Knightdale, NC

#12 Mar 1, 2007
It's been a rough year for the us, but Duke will be back. Coach K. has to dispell the Rumor that he is Gary's Biatch
Don Irwin

Brandon, FL

#13 Mar 1, 2007
Why not mention Terp wins in 5 out of the last 7 games and a sweep in 2 out of the last 3 years? Sounds fairly dominate to me.
TerpStauff

Warren, NJ

#15 Mar 1, 2007
Did anyone else happen to notice how amazingly unnattractive the Duke Cheerleaders were on TV Last night...I mean, they look even more busted in Hi-Def!!!
Jason H

Newington, CT

#16 Mar 1, 2007
Duke's been getting by on reputation for too long. Forget the fact that they got beat handily, at home, by a conference rival last night. Going into the game they were ranked 14 (up from unranked) because they beat BC, Tech, Clemson, and St. John's. Maryland was unranked with the same record, after just having beaten Duke, NC State, Free Shoes, Clemson, and UNC. Who's more impressive?
Abacobabe

Baltimore, MD

#17 Mar 1, 2007
Don't celebrate yet. I do love the Terps and hope we go far in the tournament but we have two Terp teams. One that has played the last two games and the other one who couldn't beat a high school team.
JM Jardina

United States

#18 Mar 1, 2007
GO TERPS!!!
FEAR THE TURTLE Fan in NC

Plano, TX

#19 Mar 1, 2007
Last night's game was a fun one to watch down here in Tar Heel /Blue Devil Land. I hope the Terps don't stop here and beat the Wolfpack on Saturday.
Terps Fan in NC

Plano, TX

#20 Mar 1, 2007
Attention NCAA/Coaches Poll - who should be #14 now after last night's Duke butt kicking?
Chris

Annapolis, MD

#21 Mar 1, 2007
I just love how Duke never admits that Maryland IS their rival. We have tooled them for years. Fear the Turtle, not Duke or the Cameron Sissies.

Few things give me the satisfaction seeing my squad go into Cameron and shut those nerds up!

Lastly, ESPN really blew it last night...First with screwing us out of the first 6 minutes, then almost the last 2. And having to listen to Dick and Mike ride Duke till the buzzer. They need to take some notes from J. Nannce and A. Michaels as far as sports commentating. I wish ESPN would axe them both.
Stu

United States

#22 Mar 1, 2007
How do you say "in your face" in Spanish?
Ade

Omaha, NE

#23 Mar 1, 2007
I couldn't agree with you more, Chris. ESPN really messed up the last few minutes of visual play, with their "technical difficulties". Vitale & Mike P's attempt at radio style play-by-play commentary was as exciting as watching grass grow. I switched to the ESPN 1300 AM station and listened in.

Back to the Terps, if they keep this "team fire" they've got burning, they can certainly get to the Final 4, and then some! The way the team has come together in the last 7 games is amazing, and a joy to watch.

Plus, they swept Duke as a bonus, which is always good.

GO Terps!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Duke Blue Devils Women's Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Behind Enemy Lines: Q & A with Duke Report (Jan '14) Jan '14 Bo Chiz 1
News How Mike Krzyzewski Is Attempting to Improve Du... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Bigwhit 1
News Cavaliers Drop ACC Opener 77-66 at Boyle's Alma... (Jan '12) Jan '12 Flo 1
News Knaus ejected from Daytona (Feb '06) Feb '10 pete 8
News Mowins: Duke wins, but Terps can feel good, too (Jan '09) Jan '09 FunkyClaude 1
News Plumlee officially a Blue Devil (May '08) May '08 BRIGGS 8
News UConn 78, Old Dominion 63 -- Students, Universi... (Mar '08) Mar '08 jbg-1178 24