NCAA stops the music -- Rock and Roll...

NCAA stops the music -- Rock and Roll Music, National Collegiat...

There are 1 comment on the Newsday story from Apr 3, 2008, titled NCAA stops the music -- Rock and Roll Music, National Collegiat.... In it, Newsday reports that:

Rock on? No way. The NCAA has turned thumbs down on a massive party that would have presented several rock bands to commemorate spring football .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Weevily

Bellefonte, PA

#1 Apr 4, 2008
The NCAA is not wrong here. The promoters should just be honest and blame poor attendance for the cancellations. For example, LSU's concert, planned for its football stadium, had a pre-sale of 1,500 seats. At Penn State, it was something like 3,000. Having late contact with the NCAA is just an excuse, and the promoters (several of whom played NCAA sports according to other media reports) should have known the rules.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Duke Blue Devils NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News N&O debate: Would ECU's Carden start for UNC, D... (Sep '14) Sep '14 ShiftF3 3
News Robert Washington has SEC offer (Jul '12) Mar '14 BOBPennState 14
News NCAA Lacrosse Championship 2013: Syracuse's Wea... (May '13) May '13 I Hate Syracuse 3
News Duke comes back from early deficit to win NCAA ... (May '13) May '13 I Hate Syracuse 1
News 2015 Intro: Graham Smith (May '13) May '13 DawgMan 1
News Duke football position changes and depth chart ... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Larry Ferrell 1
News UNC's Fedora gives his take on the Rashad-Verno... (Oct '12) Oct '12 Trojan 1
More from around the web