Huskies Look For Lessons Against Dela...

Huskies Look For Lessons Against Delaware State

There are 11 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Dec 1, 2008, titled Huskies Look For Lessons Against Delaware State. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

A challenging tournament has passed and Big East play is still a few weeks away.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

CallitlikeIseeit

Dayton, OH

#1 Dec 1, 2008
Bring on the cupcakes. Sure, let's "learn" from it...what can we do against cupcakes? Hey coach, can I have the one with extra frosting? Of course, the women's team just whalloped a highly ranked team, and players SHOWED they are offensive threats...
hoody hoo

Storrs Mansfield, CT

#2 Dec 1, 2008
CallitlikeIseeit wrote:
Bring on the cupcakes. Sure, let's "learn" from it...what can we do against cupcakes? Hey coach, can I have the one with extra frosting? Of course, the women's team just whalloped a highly ranked team, and players SHOWED they are offensive threats...
Dont be so salty! We're the best team in the country and you still aren't happy... I feel sorry for your wife! haha
HuskyHead

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Dec 1, 2008
CallitlikeIseeit wrote:
Playing two ranked teams (Miami and Wisconsin) in 3 days wasn't enough at the Paradise Jam last week? Don't forget Gonzaga on Dec 20th either... before a brutal Big East Schedule even starts. Idiot

“5,24,48,88”

Since: Nov 07

Beacon Falls, CT.

#4 Dec 1, 2008
CallitlikeIseeit wrote:
The women did play a really good team and had a great game, but why hate on the men's team? I suppose they could play Ashville like UNC did yesterday, would that be a tough enough game for you?
HuskyHead

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Dec 1, 2008
HuskyHead wrote:
<quoted text>
Playing two ranked teams (Miami and Wisconsin) in 3 days wasn't enough at the Paradise Jam last week? Don't forget Gonzaga on Dec 20th either... before a brutal Big East Schedule even starts. Idiot
Whoops... Sorry. Gonzaga is ranked 5th now. Is that a bigger cupcake for you?
pyro

Bridgeport, CT

#6 Dec 1, 2008
The Huskies have played ranked teams in Miami and 'sconsin, but they've struggled the most against La Salle! Go figure! They barely pulled out that game against a tough, physical Philly team.

UConn has the athletes, but need to get physically tougher as the season goes on if they want to compete with Notre Dame, Villanova, Marquette, Louisville, and the rest of the BEast.
ctmaddawg

Coral Gables, FL

#7 Dec 1, 2008
no wonder the home fans are in a trance. what a pathetic schedule AGAIN
3rd World Man

Manchester, CT

#8 Dec 1, 2008
ctmaddawg wrote:
Right, because the Big East is such a pushover this year.

“5,24,48,88”

Since: Nov 07

Beacon Falls, CT.

#9 Dec 3, 2008
ctmaddawg wrote:
Yeah, Miami did so well against Uconn.
ctmaddawg

Coral Gables, FL

#10 Dec 3, 2008
Then why are the home fans asleep in their seats? I am a UConn fan and a UConn alum. I am disheartened by the fan support at the games. I understand that everyone expects a win against teams like that but I think JC should offer a bit more to get excited about for you poor guys up there. I mean lets face it, all you have to get you through the winter is the next game, and Delaware St. is not gonna bring the house down.
Maybe at least some teams with tradition or a name and not much else would be better. I don't mean CCSU either.
ctmaddawg

Coral Gables, FL

#11 Dec 3, 2008
The last 4 UConn games I attended were SF Bull S and we almost blew that one, and 3 last second losses to Miami 2 down here and one @ Gampel.
KEA fell on his butt instead of tying the game... that was in '99. I'll just watch on TV.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Delaware State University NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Arkansas Defeats Delaware State 71-53 (Dec '09) Dec '09 cameron 2
News Over early: Terps cruise (Dec '08) Dec '08 gbx79 22
News Milbourne leads Maryland past Delaware State 86-58 (Dec '08) Dec '08 Al Hondo Handy 1
News Edwards Leads UConn Past Delaware State, 79-49 (Dec '08) Dec '08 3rd World Man 7
News Edwards leads UConn men (Dec '08) Dec '08 Danbury Dan 5
News UConn Routs Delaware State (Dec '08) Dec '08 FREDDYKOOL 1
News Delaware State Strategy and Personnel (Nov '08) Nov '08 Frederick Bouie 1
More from around the web