No party favors

No party favors

There are 8 comments on the Baltimore Sun story from Mar 17, 2008, titled No party favors. In it, Baltimore Sun reports that:

Maryland gets one of the biggest per-capita hauls of automatic bids to the NCAA tournament , steering three little engines that could into the field of 65, and the selection committee points two of them, Coppin ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Baltimore Sun.

WTF

Tucson, AZ

#1 Mar 17, 2008
Double the number of teams-that would only add one more game!
Jason

Bethpage, NY

#2 Mar 17, 2008
The MOUNT is going to POUND Coppin!
Don

Baltimore, MD

#3 Mar 17, 2008
Jason wrote:
The MOUNT is going to POUND Coppin!
In your dreams! Forget the first part of the season. Winning 12 of 13 is more indicative of the real Coppin team. And of course, we have Fang!
Kevin

Parkville, MD

#4 Mar 17, 2008
How comes no one is talking about the obvious? From CBSsports.com 's Gary Parrish:

3. The NCAA caved to political correctness: By any measuring device, the opening-round game should be between Coppin State and Mississippi Valley State. Instead, it's between Coppin State and Mount St. Mary's, and you know why that is as well as I know why that is.
Norm in OC

Powellville, MD

#5 Mar 17, 2008
Congrats to UMBC, Coppins and Mt. St. Mary for doing something their local bigger brother (Terps) couldn't do. And then I see how they are matched and think at least one of them will win a game that the Terps probably wouldn't.
Enjoy the dance while you can. You all deserved it.
steve

United States

#6 Mar 18, 2008
Don't worry!! next year, Maryland will have five teams in the the tournment.
steve

United States

#7 Mar 18, 2008
Gary Williams STINKS!!!
Flipper

United States

#8 Mar 19, 2008
mount will be a 13 seed next year. umbc wont make it or morgan, just mount and maryland.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coppin State College NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Hot shooting lifts Howard over Coppin State 70-60 (Jan '13) Jan '13 COPPIN EAGLE 1
News Hawks import to make debut (Oct '09) Oct '09 Neef Buck 1
News Guards Lawson, McKee to work out for Wizards (Jul '09) Jul '09 Gerald Henderson 1
News Coppin State hammers HU (Feb '09) Feb '09 hamptonfan 1
News No state of complacency (Nov '08) Nov '08 Neil 5
News Division l men previews (Nov '08) Nov '08 tu fan 1
News Coppin St. brings 20 losses to NCAA tourney vs.... (Mar '08) Mar '08 going-to-raleigh 2
More from around the web