Auriemma Named Coach Of The Year By B...

Auriemma Named Coach Of The Year By Basketball Writers -- Sport...

There are 15 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Apr 8, 2008, titled Auriemma Named Coach Of The Year By Basketball Writers -- Sport.... In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

UConn women 's basketball coach Geno Auriemma has swept this season's major national coaching awards.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

GrayPlayer

Granby, CT

#1 Apr 8, 2008
Knocked out of the NCAA Tournament by faulty coaching and he gets "coach of the year". What a laugh.
Just Visiting

United States

#2 Apr 8, 2008
GrayPlayer - there is alot more to a basketball program than losing one game. Go home and take your Pat Pill now
UCONN Womens Fan

Glastonbury, CT

#3 Apr 8, 2008
That surprises me...
PrimeTimeVol

United States

#4 Apr 8, 2008
Hey Geno, and the rest of you UCONN fans...you can have all of the Coach of the Year awards, but I'll take another Championship (count em' 8), and the winningest coach in all of basketball!
MAYRA HIRAM

Hollywood, FL

#5 Apr 8, 2008
pat summit rules
DGAF

Hamden, CT

#6 Apr 8, 2008
It will stay at 8 for a long time now that they will be in canal water as far as hoops go.
Joseph Mack

United States

#8 Apr 8, 2008
Coach of the year? OK! However Pat Summit taught him the lessons of the year, i.e (1) how to defend againt Stanford. and (2) she can create interest in her program without playing UConn.
Patti in Tampa

United States

#9 Apr 9, 2008
Geno, Geno, Geno, you cant win by being so classy --- get the timekeepers involved like I did (just ask Rutgers, stop the clock with .02 left, and then you can play for another 5 seconds)--- Get the NCAA Selection people to do your bidding too, I mean its not just having good players and being a great coach. You have to get everyone working with you. Did I tell you about my connections at ESPN?
I Wonder

United States

#10 Apr 9, 2008
Will his intestines hold up with the stress a few more years?
volfan

Irvine, KY

#11 Apr 9, 2008
Number 8! All the while with Geno looking on, envious as usual. Connecticut fans, you need us worse than we need you, by far. Pat Summit has been literally, at the top all the while, and you are just a climber. By the way, for many Tennessee fans, it's more fun to watch you lose, than for us to win. After all, we expect to win- not just be there. Candace Parker said it best, "Anything less than a national championship is a disappointment."
smokymountains

Chatsworth, GA

#12 Apr 10, 2008
He was the Coach of the Year Pat Summit won her eighth NC.
Which do you think Geno would swap for?
smokymountains

Chatsworth, GA

#13 Apr 10, 2008
DGAF wrote:
It will stay at 8 for a long time now that they will be in canal water as far as hoops go.
Lady Vols won the last 2 years and were not picked by the Xperts. I guess you are a Xpert.
smokymountains

Chatsworth, GA

#14 Apr 10, 2008
Patti in Tampa wrote:
Geno, Geno, Geno, you cant win by being so classy --- get the timekeepers involved like I did (just ask Rutgers, stop the clock with .02 left, and then you can play for another 5 seconds)--- Get the NCAA Selection people to do your bidding too, I mean its not just having good players and being a great coach. You have to get everyone working with you. Did I tell you about my connections at ESPN?
Did anyone from ESPN play the game?
If Rutgers wins does that change the Lady Vols win for the eight time. 983 cheating win 460 against top 25 teams. Sorry your aurgument does not hold water. Lady Vols won the NC on the court and Rutgers and Ucant did not
Just Visiting

United States

#15 Apr 10, 2008
Hey smokymountains - leave Patti in Tampa alone

-(Is she back home yet in Tenn?)

Even down here we can see what ESPN does for Patti, and if you dont think that Rutgers game changed anything - what about the Baylor game awhile back? Seems like this is a normal course of action for UT.
Just Visiting

Brandon, FL

#17 Apr 11, 2008
funny ( In Wethersfield )-

maybe its "the body of work" that got Geno the award.

Hey ? "the body of work" thats a term that Pat uses!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Connecticut Huskies Women's Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2016 Rio Olympics: Team USA Unveils Women's Bas... (May '16) May '16 Ivyawe 2
News UConn women's basketball team will make 11th tr... (May '16) May '16 Ivyawe 1
News Remarks by the President Honoring the 2016 NCAA... (May '16) May '16 Ivyawe 1
News UConn women ranked No. 1 for first time since 2004 (Dec '07) Apr '16 Samuels Furnace Man 17
News Former UConn Player Pleads Guilty -- Courant.com (Oct '07) Mar '16 Fart news 24
News Dominican's Deysha Smith-Jenkins Will Run Track... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Coach K 1
News Houston shows some liftoff for Huskies (Jan '08) Mar '12 Jay 4