Rebecca Lobo Tells UConn Graduates To...

Rebecca Lobo Tells UConn Graduates To Dream Big

There are 38 comments on the Hartford Courant story from May 12, 2008, titled Rebecca Lobo Tells UConn Graduates To Dream Big. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Former UConn basketball star Rebecca Lobo regaled graduating seniors and their parents with funny stories about meeting presidents and her "ridiculous" childhood dream to play professional basketball as she ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Daniel Plainview

East Hartford, CT

#1 May 12, 2008
They should have had Kalid El-Amin come and speak about his educational experiences at UCONN.
wrtaylor

Palo Alto, CA

#2 May 12, 2008
Yeah, dream big and be very vigilant when looking for a job.
Times are tough!!
not a chance

Storrs Mansfield, CT

#3 May 12, 2008
you should have spoke more about the graduating students and not just the speaker although she was very good the students are the reason this whole thing happened
Magua

Woodbine, MD

#4 May 12, 2008
In all honesty...who cares what Rebecca "the horse faced jackass" Lobo has to say? Just because she is one of a few Uconn players who did not get arrested while playing doesn't mean she is worth listening to. Get off your high horses Uconn fans.
Big Payday

Portland, CT

#5 May 12, 2008
She got a good sized check I'm sure. More than John Rowland would get..Nothing like you would pay for like Kinky Friedman.
Chris

Quincy, MA

#6 May 12, 2008
Magua wrote:
In all honesty...who cares what Rebecca "the horse faced jackass" Lobo has to say? Just because she is one of a few Uconn players who did not get arrested while playing doesn't mean she is worth listening to. Get off your high horses Uconn fans.
It was just she was never caught!! Back then, it was noted about player's getting into trouble. Think Big? This is coming from a person who had everything handed to you.Let's see where she would be today, if she didn't have basketball? She doesn't have brains...
Irony Man

Farmington, CT

#8 May 12, 2008
Magua wrote:
In all honesty...who cares what Rebecca "the horse faced jackass" Lobo has to say?
Who cares? Hard to say. I'll go out on a limb and say the number is significantly higher than those who care what you have to say.
Think B 4 U Post

Stafford Springs, CT

#9 May 12, 2008
Zonker wrote:
Rebecca Lobo was and is a class act. She's grown into a fine woman and mother.
Those who attack her only display their profound sense of envy towards successful people. Shame on you.
You're 100% right. They're jealous and most likely haven't accomplished anything other than posting anonymous insults.
citizen

Hartford, CT

#10 May 12, 2008
The ignorance and hate displayed in some of these posts is disgraceful. No wonder this country is going down the tubes
Denise

Hawley, MN

#11 May 12, 2008
Rebecca Lobo was an A-student as well as a star athlete. She has been a trailblazer for women in sports and broadcasting. Those insulting and negative comments were written by people who don't seem to have big dreams for themselves or others. I'm proud of Rebecca and happy for her success. She makes me proud to be a UCONN alumna.
I wonder from NB

Newington, CT

#12 May 12, 2008
I had a feeling someone would find something negative to find about this,even if they had to make up lies, unfortunatly I was correct.
Her accommlishment speak for themselves. Congrats to all the recent grads. Don't let the bad guys get you down.
Joe from Unionville

West Hartford, CT

#13 May 12, 2008
citizen wrote:
The ignorance and hate displayed in some of these posts is disgraceful. No wonder this country is going down the tubes
Agree with you 100%. Good luck to the grads and thank you Rebecca ...
John H

Oxford, CT

#14 May 12, 2008
Rebecca Lobo is on of the few public figures in this state who has not allowed fame to interfere with her sense of honesty, integrety, and dedication to her family. She exemplifies what is good about the people of Connecticut. She is successful because of hard work, high goals and persistance.
Who better to address the graduating class at UCONN?
realist

United States

#15 May 12, 2008
Don't let Pat Summit find out. She'll file a recruiting complaint.
bonzo

Waterbury, CT

#16 May 12, 2008
dream big and when ya cant find a job in connecticut and get stuck paying high, fuel,heating oil grocery, and tax bills ya can CRY BIG!!
bonzo

Waterbury, CT

#17 May 12, 2008
citizen wrote:
im stupid and i dont like you!
just me from NB

Newington, CT

#18 May 12, 2008
I think Rebecca is a major reason that everyone ( well almost)started to watch women's basketball. She is so well spoken, polite, obviously intelligent, and just an all around gal. We could never say that about very many men athletes.
just me from

Newington, CT

#19 May 12, 2008
I wonder from NB wrote:
I had a feeling someone would find something negative to find about this,even if they had to make up lies, unfortunatly I was correct.
Her accommlishments speak for themselves. Congrats to all the recent grads. Don't let the bad guys get you down.
I agree with you and the post before you. But you said it first
Chris

Quincy, MA

#20 May 12, 2008
wrtaylor wrote:
Yeah, dream big and be very vigilant when looking for a job.
Times are tough!!
It wouldn't matter if it was Rebecca Lobo, or the Pope given the speech. I graduated the top of my class, and helped alot of people who played in sport's to keep there grades up, to dream BIG is to think BIG, today it's just a dream. I am a State employee, and raising childern on my own, I still have a hard time to make it, there is no more rich,middle class, only rich and poor.
Well

Portland, CT

#21 May 12, 2008
Chris wrote:
<quoted text> It wouldn't matter if it was Rebecca Lobo, or the Pope given the speech. I graduated the top of my class, and helped alot of people who played in sport's to keep there grades up, to dream BIG is to think BIG, today it's just a dream. I am a State employee, and raising childern on my own, I still have a hard time to make it, there is no more rich,middle class, only rich and poor.
At least you have a job that is safe with union protection and a 35 hour week with full heath and dental and vision and a cost of living increas and a 1% increase on top of that for "longevity" in the job. Costs me to pay isurance for 4 people 20 thousand a year and my taxes are going up and my income is down.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Connecticut Huskies Women's Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former UConn Player Pleads Guilty -- Courant.com (Oct '07) May '15 tom wingo 22
News UConn women ranked No. 1 for first time since 2004 (Dec '07) Apr '14 BPT 15
News Dominican's Deysha Smith-Jenkins Will Run Track... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Coach K 1
News Houston shows some liftoff for Huskies (Jan '08) Mar '12 Jay 4
News UConn puts secondary violation to rest (Mar '08) Feb '12 America Gentleman... 7
News Prison for former UConn center (Feb '08) Oct '11 Do not believe Idaho 4
Diamond DeShields (Dec '10) Dec '10 ATL Baller 1
More from around the web