Former Huskies Sympathize With Delle ...

Former Huskies Sympathize With Delle Donne

There are 73 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Jun 9, 2008, titled Former Huskies Sympathize With Delle Donne. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Back home in Wilmington, Del., Elena Delle Donne, just 18 years old, has apparently reached an emotional crossroad, one that will require time, patience and the support of her family and friends to resolve.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
mike

AOL

#64 Jun 11, 2008
I WILL TELL YOU WHAT PROBABLY HAPPENED IN THAT SCRIMMAGE GAME. SHE PROBABLY PLAYED MAYA ONE ON ONE, AND EDD GOT BLOWN OFF THE COURT. EDD'S WHOLE LIFE SHE HAS BEEN TOLD WHAT A GREAT PLAYER SHE IS,(NOTE SHE PROBABLY PLAYED AGAINST GIRLS 1 FOOT SHORTER THAN SHE WAS IN HIGH SCHOOL) AND SHE FINALLY HAD TO PLAY PROBABLY THE GREATEST BASKETBALL PLAYER OF ALL TIME, AND SHE FIGURED THEIR WAS NO WAY SHE COULD COMPETE WITH A GREAT PLAYER LIKE MAYA,,THEN YOU THROW AN INTENSE COMPETITIVE PLAYER LIKE RENEE MONTGOMERY AT EDD, AND THE REST IS HISTORY. EDD PROBABLY SAID WHAT AM I DOING HERE, MAYBE I SHOULD TRANSFER TO EAST DELAWARE STATE... SO THAT IS MY THEORY ON WHAT HAPPENED.
Blueuconnman

Seattle, WA

#65 Jun 11, 2008
Hi.Hope everyones doing well.I must say if tennesseelady vols or ther fans mhad anything to do with elena dd packing up and going home than people should report tennessee to the ncaa.I already thnk that since tennessee wants to stick it to uconn than what goes arround comes arround and tennessee should have it stuck to them.Tahnks.Take care all!Good day all!
Blueuconnman

Seattle, WA

#66 Jun 11, 2008
Jeff wrote:
Good for her She realized how much UCONN sucks and left as fast as she could
Uconns a great intstitution and they do things honestly uconnlike tennessee crybaby tattle tale lady vols or the acc we will steal schools from the big east conferance.take care.have agreat day!
mike

AOL

#67 Jun 11, 2008
Maybe its time to say bye bye baby EDD, we dont want to babysit you. and we dont need you, we are going to go undefeated and win the national championship without you. And we definately dont want any headcases coming to storrs. We just got rid of the biggest headcase of all time in Charde Houston. And by the way EDD will NEVER become the player that Maya Moore is. So maybe EDD should just go to East Delaware state or some sister of the poor school like that, but stay away from Uconn. Because i think you just be an unwanted disruption to this group of kids we have now, They are dedicated to winning it all this year. and i dont think they need the disruptions from you, So just go and play against weaker players at some other school.
Sarak

Farmington, CT

#68 Jun 11, 2008
I have two daughters who will be freshmen in college this fall. I know they will be homesick, but no way would I let them pack their bags and come home after only 2 days. You've got to tough it out as a parent. The kid needs to grow up and make an adult decision. I'm disgusted with her parents who babied her and let her come home. She's obviously not mature enough to play for us. I'm disappointed, I was looking forward to this season.
Pooty Tang

Buena Park, CA

#69 Jun 11, 2008
FREDDYKOOL wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU NEED TO GO TO THE CHARTER OAK BRIDGE.......
yo fredster..ya want me to send you a copy of mavis the typing tutor? caps are for squares old man!
NotaHater

AOL

#70 Jun 11, 2008
No way Geno will give EDD a release to play anywhere she wants, ESPECIALLY TN!!!

As for daddy's visit to TN, his son plays football at mid-tn state......PLUS he is a BIG-TIME real estate developer, so maybe he has biz there also!

“Shawnzo”

Since: Mar 07

Norfolk, MA

#71 Jun 11, 2008
Sarak wrote:
I have two daughters who will be freshmen in college this fall. I know they will be homesick, but no way would I let them pack their bags and come home after only 2 days. You've got to tough it out as a parent. The kid needs to grow up and make an adult decision. I'm disgusted with her parents who babied her and let her come home. She's obviously not mature enough to play for us. I'm disappointed, I was looking forward to this season.
Where in the article did it say she was homesick?
Bronson

Palmer, MA

#72 Jun 12, 2008
We should all take a deep breath and cut EDD some slack. She has a special needs sister that she is very close to. Maybe homesick can be translated into real concerns for her sister. Down the line we may find out why she left. In the meantime, lets enjoy what is going to be a great season.
comment

Shreveport, LA

#73 Jun 13, 2008
jhuh
Sporgush Wizzletov

Virginia Beach, VA

#74 Jun 20, 2008
This is a horrible story, I mean he was going to come play for Coach Calhoun and help avenge the poor finish of last...oh wait...women's ball? Back to sleep I go.
macman

Lynn, MA

#75 Jul 20, 2008
I hope everyone knows that she has a mentally retarded younger sister who she is very close to. My daughter played against her in AAU and her sister was always mentioned in her interviews. I wonder if those of you who are so "tough" on her have any idea at all the amount of work any player put's into their sport to get that good. My daughter played over 35 weeks a year not including off season training etc. It's BRUTAL! So considering all this...give her a break.
right one

Brewster, NY

#76 Aug 14, 2008
dewcooljohn should learn to spell

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Connecticut Huskies Women's Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 2016 Rio Olympics: Team USA Unveils Women's Bas... May '16 Ivyawe 2
News UConn women's basketball team will make 11th tr... May '16 Ivyawe 1
News Remarks by the President Honoring the 2016 NCAA... May '16 Ivyawe 1
News UConn women ranked No. 1 for first time since 2004 (Dec '07) Apr '16 Samuels Furnace Man 17
News Former UConn Player Pleads Guilty -- Courant.com (Oct '07) Mar '16 Fart news 24
News Dominican's Deysha Smith-Jenkins Will Run Track... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Coach K 1
News Houston shows some liftoff for Huskies (Jan '08) Mar '12 Jay 4
More from around the web