ESPN Reports Minor UConn Violation

ESPN reported this afternoon that the NCAA has found that UConn may have committed a secondary recruiting violation during the recruitment of freshman Maya Moore. Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Stan

North Haven, CT

#1 Mar 12, 2008
No wonder they win all the time, they cheat.
Marjorie

South Yarmouth, MA

#2 Mar 12, 2008
Stan wrote:
I'm afraid that about sums it up! Between this, and the drug-alcohol problems with the Men's Team, there is not much left to be proud of anymore. A shame.
JE DBX

Gaithersburg, MD

#3 Mar 12, 2008
Pat Summit's got a towel for your bitter little tears, baby-boy Stanley. If my calculations are correct (and they are) the Lady Vols are the all-time winningest women's team. Don't let the CT door hit you in the a## on your way to Rocky Top.
fire 118

United States

#4 Mar 12, 2008
well atleast she didnt break into the school and steal other kids computers or get busted for POT 2 times and aloud to come back!! Big deal.... she got a tour of espn!! I can get you in too for free even!! I`ll bet you think she came to connecticut just because of that too huh?? Go play on your computer
PPPP

Roseland, NJ

#5 Mar 12, 2008
so she had a tour of espn....I think that is a great recruiting idea. It is really the best thing in the state..might as well show it to recruits.
Scott

West Springfield, MA

#6 Mar 12, 2008
Stan wrote:
Get real. If you think that UCONN is the only school with these types of problems then I got some ocean front property in Arizona I want to sell you.
JE DBX

Gaithersburg, MD

#7 Mar 12, 2008
Marjorie, find a Justice of the Peace, pick up Stan in front of the Y, and move to Providence.

Since: Jan 08

Mansfield, CT

#8 Mar 12, 2008
"The NCAA reportedly was asked to look into this by the Southeastern Conference after a complaint from Tennessee, according to the sources."

Pat Summit's flying monkeys get loose again?
Paige - Waterford CT

New London, CT

#9 Mar 12, 2008
What a surprise, the SEC (Tennessee) filed this complaint...sour grapes I think. Maya chose to go to UConn. You made your decision to end the series. You cannot change the past. Get over it, Pat.
Dogpause

Bristol, CT

#10 Mar 12, 2008
I heard that Dickie V conducted the tour, so the NCAA figured Maya's been punished enough.
naplessmith2

AOL

#11 Mar 12, 2008
Boy there are some really small minded peopl e in this world. UCONN is the best and so is Geno. Stan and Marjorie get a life. I really think you guys are TENN fans.You should get a life and stop trying to put people down. TSK TSK Shame on you. Look in the mirror first before you run your mouth.
naplessmith2

AOL

#12 Mar 12, 2008
Franklin P wrote:
"The NCAA reportedly was asked to look into this by the Southeastern Conference after a complaint from Tennessee, according to the sources."
Pat Summit's flying monkeys get loose again?
Seems so
Dogpause

Bristol, CT

#13 Mar 12, 2008
I'm sure Maya would have accepted a tour of the most famous place in Knoxville too, if only it had indoor plumbing.
Dogpause

Bristol, CT

#14 Mar 12, 2008
Perhaps the NCAA should impose a punishment on ESPN for its invovlement. Maybe it should restrict the number of UConn games shown on ESPNU.
Woof Woof

Southington, CT

#15 Mar 12, 2008
Gee, hope they dont tour CPTV, after all, they broadcast most of the games. How convenient that this is raised on the heels of winning the BIG EAST...maybe Pat doesnt want to meet up with us again in Tampa.
Mark

Manchester, CT

#16 Mar 12, 2008
Gino wanted to make sure he went to the Big East Tourney
Dogpause

Bristol, CT

#17 Mar 12, 2008
Pat Summit is twice tha man Geno is.
Mac

Oakville, CT

#18 Mar 12, 2008
Maya chose to play at UCONN because she didn't want to play under Pat, if you know what I mean.
Hooper

West Hartford, CT

#19 Mar 12, 2008
She jammed all the rador dishes. Maya used Smuckers blackberry jam.
floridahusky

San Francisco, CA

#20 Mar 12, 2008
Give me a break, do we smell the odor of jealousy from the Volunteers? Isn't it interesting how this alleged infraction, which was settled ages ago, is back in the new just about the time UConn is probably sewing up the #1 Seed in the NCAA Women's Tourney? Hmmm...me thinks I smell a rat dressed in orange. Be careful about throwng stones, Tennessee!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Connecticut Huskies Women's Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UConn women ranked No. 1 for first time since 2004 (Dec '07) Apr '14 BPT 15
Dominican's Deysha Smith-Jenkins Will Run Track... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Coach K 1
Houston shows some liftoff for Huskies (Jan '08) Mar '12 Jay 4
UConn puts secondary violation to rest (Mar '08) Feb '12 America Gentleman... 7
Former UConn Player Pleads Guilty -- Courant.com (Oct '07) Oct '11 DYan 20
Prison for former UConn center (Feb '08) Oct '11 Do not believe Idaho 4
Diamond DeShields (Dec '10) Dec '10 ATL Baller 1
More from around the web