UConn Defeats LSU

There are 4 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Jan 3, 2009, titled UConn Defeats LSU. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Senior guard Renee Montgomery scored 15 of her 21 points in the second half to lead the No.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

Mike_From_Connec ticut

AOL

#1 Jan 3, 2009
Nice win today girls..Lsu gave us a little trouble in the first half but we woke up and went on our runs..I also watched Tennesse beat rutger today too. And i gotta admitt i rooted for Tennessee for two hours today,, thats how much i hate rutgers.. And i am glad rutger lost they way they did,, they exposed a ton of weaknesses today, and I hope Geno had that game film ready for his players..Congrats Huskies..
Wana Winner

Schaumburg, IL

#2 Jan 3, 2009
This was a terrible close game for the #1 Womens team in the country against 4 freshmen and at times 5 freshmen.
But a win is a win and the NCAA committee will chalk it up to one, but one may bet that LSU will rise in the ratings.

Speaking of ratings, Rutgers and Ms pull down Prince had a 20 point lead over the Vols and some how, some way, Pat pulled this one off in the last 80 seconds. The Vols in their first 13 positions had 11 turnovers--ended the half with 13 points the lowest in their history. And Won the game...

My hat is off to Pat Summitt a very special coach. Win #994.

It is beyond my understanding how a whole team could not drop in a three for prolong periods--a team with 5 sharp shooters. Hayes had an excuse for not making threes, but what is her excuse for not making layups????

The Bigs won this game by opening up the inside--Tina and Kaili. Rene is always big in big games.
3rd World Man

Manchester, CT

#3 Jan 3, 2009
Oklahoma? LSU? Rutgers? North Carolina? Notre Dame? Come on, what kind of schedule is that?! Geez, who's next, the '92-'93 Bulls? Come on, Geno, start playing some real teams!
FREDDYKOOL

Palm Coast, FL

#4 Jan 3, 2009
A GREAT DAY IF YOU ARE A UCONN FAN.
THE GALS WON.
THE GUYS WON
THE FOOTBALL TEAM WON.
IT DOES NOT GET MUCH BETTER THAN THIS!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Connecticut Huskies Women's Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former UConn Player Pleads Guilty -- Courant.com (Oct '07) May '15 tom wingo 22
News UConn women ranked No. 1 for first time since 2004 (Dec '07) Apr '14 BPT 15
News Dominican's Deysha Smith-Jenkins Will Run Track... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Coach K 1
News Houston shows some liftoff for Huskies (Jan '08) Mar '12 Jay 4
News UConn puts secondary violation to rest (Mar '08) Feb '12 America Gentleman... 7
News Prison for former UConn center (Feb '08) Oct '11 Do not believe Idaho 4
Diamond DeShields (Dec '10) Dec '10 ATL Baller 1
More from around the web