'Bows Rammed - Sports

There are 4 comments on the Honolulu Star-Bulletin story from Dec 28, 2008, titled 'Bows Rammed - Sports. In it, Honolulu Star-Bulletin reports that:

The last eight-team Rainbow Classic won't be so classic for Hawaii. Colorado State took control in the second half last night, beating host UH 74-58 in a first-round game at the Stan Sheriff Center.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Honolulu Star-Bulletin.

sickman fraud

San Diego, CA

#1 Dec 28, 2008
Pathetic effort! If this continues thru the WAC season, can we start pleading for a new coach? Soon the Bows attendance will match those of the Wahine.
Jetset

Fort Worth, TX

#2 Dec 28, 2008
well, 1st real competition and what is there to say?....hope we do better with the next game????
Leo

AOL

#3 Dec 28, 2008
sickman fraud, what exactly are the average attendance figures for Wahine basketball?
I blame the NCAA for making a complete farce of the "regular season". All it determines is seeding for the 3 day conference tournament which decides the conference champion and the resulting automatic berth in the NCAA tournament. I am not a smart person, so someone here has to explain to me how playing a 3 day tournament on a neutral court where you play only 2 other teams out of a 9 team conference, how that somehow determines a "champion"?! But when you play all teams on a home and away basis over 2 months, how that only determines seeding. Being naive as I am, I cannot figure that out.
Leo

AOL

#4 Dec 28, 2008
Who knows why this is the last year of the Rainbow Classic? That said, the Classic was never the same once the NCAA allowed unlimited tournaments. I remember when the Rainbow Classic every year would bring in traditional powerhouses like N Carolina and Indiana.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Colorado State Rams Women's Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News MWC looking tough as CSU men kick off conferenc... (Jan '09) Jan '09 Harrel Johnson 1
News Colorado State fires women's basketball coach W... (Mar '08) Mar '08 what 1
News Miles hopes recruiting can save sinking Rams (Mar '08) Mar '08 intheknow 1
News UNM Women Handle BYU With Ease, 59-41 (Mar '08) Mar '08 Lobo H8ter 8
News Game Notes: Rams travel to San Diego (Mar '08) Mar '08 lindsey 1
News Game Notes: Rams host final non-conference action (Jan '08) Jan '08 Jeff Cav 1
News Las Cruces Sun-News - Team effort leads to NMSU... (Dec '07) Dec '07 abqAggie 1
More from around the web