Bulldogs power past Coastal | SPORTS | Asheville CITIZEN

Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times

Kenny George, UNC Asheville's 7-foot-7 center, looked awfully spry running the floor Wednesday night in front of a packed Justice Center.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
UNCA FAN

Durham, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2008

The Stage is set! This is going to be a great game. I hope we can get alot of Dogger fans there.
Bubba

Lock Haven, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2008

Well, I hope Kenny stays nimble, if we want to do anything in any tourneys we need him healthy.

Also, yes and over Winthrop would ensure a NIT berth, but WE CAN'T be happy with just that, we need to strive to make the Big Dance by winning our conference tourney...we need it.
steve

Greenville, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2008

Saw my first UNC-A game against Coastal Car. We are a well-coached team with lots of balance between guards, forwards, and, of course, Kenny.
IDEA: Kenny's knees are obviusly extremely fragile and painful to him. Why not post him under the opponent's basket even when the oppopnent has the ball, so he doesn't have to run the court. True, his dominant presence inside on defense is lost, but the other team would be forced to leave their big man back to stay with him, so their game would become a 4 on 4 offense. Then when we get a rebound, we can, if we wish to try, full court pass it to Kenny who is then unstoppable one on one underneath. WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THIS IDEA?
Kenny has SUPER athleticism and balance. He has great court presence, knew when/how to pass off if he didn't have a shot, and has a great spin move TO EITHER SIDE! One shot he made was a left handed spin hook from 6 feet. Watching him suffer his knees was painful; he frequently left the courtside to stretch against a wall, even took himself out one time to do.
GoUNCA

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2008

Quality win, but our lack of defense concerns me greatly...

I'm really excited about saturday, I actually bought my ticket about a month ago. Winthrop is a tough venue and it certainly won't get any easier because it is WU's homecoming.
UNCA FAN

Durham, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2008

Our defense really wasn't that bad last night. Coastal got EXTREMELY lucky with thier perimeter shooting. A team that makes 16 three's should NOT lose a game! I wonder if that has ever happened. Take away 44's rediculous shooting and we win by at least 15. It is also really hard to guard the entire perimeter when one of our players "camps" out in the paint. I love it though and I would take this any day because honestly, we will not see a team hit as many three's as coastal did last night. That was just impressive. I give them credit for that.
Jim

Spartanburg, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2008

Should be an entertaining game, no doubt. steve, you aren't the first person to suggest that game plan, but it wouldn't be that effective. unca would have to throw bombs to get to him, could be blocked, intercepted, etc. Look to Winthrop to play very up tempo and either keep him on the bench or wear him out fast.

UNCA fan, you're right. Not alot of teams will bomb that many 3's, but most see that as how to play over Kenny. Take 44 out of the game, you win by 15 but take Kenny out and you lose by 10 or so.

Lots at stake Saturday...enjoy it.
Bubba

Lock Haven, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2008

Huge game Saturday, I think we can do it. Good Luck Dogs!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Coastal Carolina Chanticleers NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the Coastal Carolina Chanticleers NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Coastal Carolina defeats Radford 82-62 (Jan '12) Jan '12 Mary Ann Whitfield 1
UNC Asheville defeats Coastal Carolina 88-81 (Jan '12) Jan '12 Mary Ann Whitfield 1
GWU drops nail-biter at Coastal Carolina (Jan '12) Jan '12 Mary Ann Whitfield 1
Coastal Carolina wins big on the road at The Ci... (Dec '11) Dec '11 Mary Ann Whitfield 1
Greenwood glad to be back making most of opport... (Dec '11) Dec '11 Mary Ann Whitfield 1
Coastal Carolina stuns LSU 71-63 (Nov '11) Nov '11 Mary Ann Whitfield 1
Tragedy strikes family members of Leasure (Jul '08) Apr '09 octavia 7
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••