Injured Kramer may sit

Purdue probably won't know until later in the week if sophomore guard and captain Chris Kramer will play Saturday against Indiana State. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
little john

Huntington, IN

#22 Nov 29, 2007
Its the full out 100% that makes Kramer, the athlete that he is. laying up 2 points does not create the crowd energy, the energy creates that inner drive that pushes the whole team . Basketball at the big 10 level, I like seeing 100%.
yup

Arcadia, IN

#23 Nov 29, 2007
Will wrote:
Lay the ball in the basket next time.
Or practice coming down after getting up there.

Since: Oct 07

Bloomington, IN

#24 Nov 29, 2007
wahhh wahhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
Daddy, they said IU sucks. wahhh wahhh wahhh Can you protect me from those big mean Purdue fans? wahhh wahhhh wahhh. I want to go home now. wahhh wahhh wahhh
I was 6 years old dip. It didn't traumatize me, it just drove home the point that there are Boiler fans like you who are complete nimrods. The actions then as your actions now display no dignity and no grace and that is the whole point. Celebrating a win is fine, rubbing the opponents face in it is vile and deserves contempt. Which is what I felt.
GBG

Indianapolis, IN

#25 Nov 29, 2007
Clemente wrote:
<quoted text>
I was 6 years old dip. It didn't traumatize me, it just drove home the point that there are Boiler fans like you who are complete nimrods. The actions then as your actions now display no dignity and no grace and that is the whole point. Celebrating a win is fine, rubbing the opponents face in it is vile and deserves contempt. Which is what I felt.
1) It's a rivalry. Every team has fans that will dig at others fans to rub a victory in, and fans that will just say good game. In this rivalry you will find more of the former. Have you read the posts on here (oh wait you write a lot of them) I would say it's about even between IU and Purdue fans that dig.

2) Dignity- in your past posts (you do realize people can access those???) you reveal that you like to name-call. Is that dignity? Come on, Mr. High and Mighty.
You rarely have a post that comments on anything of value other than to name-call and whine your point that someone has refuted.

3) If you don't like the way this rivalry is played out, why don't you try to change. Say... maybe try to go a whole week and only say positive, truthful, non-elementary school-type comments that contribute something intelligent to a conversation.

4) You may just need to seek some emotional help. Geez, it was a rivalry game- if you were 6 and couldn't handle it, maybe your dad shouldn't have taken you. No wonder we are now witnessing the "wussification of america"
merc

Frederick, MD

#28 Nov 29, 2007
Back to the article. I love the way this team plays, the team competes and Matt Painter coaches. After the game the look on Hummel's face and the rest of the team showed that they were not content competing. Not like the football team's attitude against Penn State. This is the best coached BB team since Fred Schaus was the coach.

Glad most commentators enjoy the rivalry and their comments reflect it. This year's games with IU will be wars. Living in Maryland would love to attend either of the games.

Look out for Ohio State. Matta can coach and he has talent.
madchemist

Louisville, KY

#29 Nov 29, 2007
wahhh wahhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
Daddy, they said IU sucks. wahhh wahhh wahhh Can you protect me from those big mean Purdue fans? wahhh wahhhh wahhh. I want to go home now. wahhh wahhh wahhh
I'm impressed--most 5 year olds can't type
Shelly Dubinski

Evansville, IN

#30 Nov 29, 2007
The Boiler defensive effort was fantastic and looked like vintage Keady teams. The 4 freshmen are throwbacks to when D, effort and fundamentals mattered. Painter is right on track and I believe Purdue will be a power for years by getting quality Indiana kids in a clean program. They may take some lumps this year, but watch out soph-sr years.
Tom

Baytown, TX

#31 Nov 30, 2007
I really enjoyed watching that game. Martin in particular made some moves to the basket that were sweet. It was those 3 quick turnovers that lead to 2 baskets and 2 foul shots by Clemson that did them in... But man it's fun to watch thse kids hustle unlike the football team.
Tom

Baytown, TX

#32 Nov 30, 2007
Oh and when Calasan gets acclimated and worked into the team they will be a bigger threat than people realize this year
Brittanica Spears

South Bend, IN

#33 Dec 1, 2007
Yes, tone it down just a tad. You can't help your team if you're unable to play.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clemson Tigers NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tip Drill: Clemson Dismal in the Dean Dome (Jan '14) Jan '14 THE BOSS 1
Three souvenirs Clemson hoops must bring back f... (Aug '13) Aug '13 sonya purifoy 1
Fairview Flyers unicycle team wows the crowd at... (Feb '08) May '13 Cyclist 14
Morning review: Mitchell, Cleare stepped up (Feb '13) Feb '13 charlessr 1
No. 3 Miami looks to extend winning streak at C... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Norm 1
Overused words are a good fit for Clemson's Tan... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Jerry Gambrell 1
Harris Struggles with Broken Hand, Cavs Lose at... (Feb '12) Feb '12 Charlottesville V... 3
More from around the web