Injured Kramer may sit

Injured Kramer may sit

There are 30 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Nov 28, 2007, titled Injured Kramer may sit. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

Purdue probably won't know until later in the week if sophomore guard and captain Chris Kramer will play Saturday against Indiana State.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lets go Hoosiers

United States

#1 Nov 29, 2007
We are keeping it classy this year folks. SO good luck to the Boilers in their next game and to a speedy recovery by Kramer. It would be tough for such a young team to lose its energetic leader.

Head injuries are very iffy these days.

“Play more golf!!!”

Since: Nov 07

West Lafayette, IN

#2 Nov 29, 2007
Get yourself healed Chris. We need you to run the team. Great line Coach -- "I'm struggling to be a basketball coach, let alone a doctor." Its good to have a sense of humor about all of this. Good job with the Boilers. The team is a great source of pride to the Boiler Nation.
boilers

Bridgeport, WV

#3 Nov 29, 2007
Thank you. Class is something I dont see much out of when dealing with Purdue/IU. Good luck to the Hoosiers, except against Purdue and in the Tournament.
Lets go Hoosiers wrote:
We are keeping it classy this year folks. SO good luck to the Boilers in their next game and to a speedy recovery by Kramer. It would be tough for such a young team to lose its energetic leader.
Go Boilers

Plainfield, IN

#4 Nov 29, 2007
We did have a lot of turnovers and the loss was disappointing because we led for a lot of it. But I haven't seen a Boiler team play at hard as they did a real long time. It was great to see and just make me proud of Purdue Basketball. Joe Tiller should use Matt Painter as a consultant to the football team then maybe we can be proud of our football team too.
Go Boilers

Plainfield, IN

#5 Nov 29, 2007
Lets go Hoosiers wrote:
Can you imagine the type of game we're going to have when the Boilers & Hoosiers square off? Fun!

Since: Sep 07

Carmel, IN

#6 Nov 29, 2007
Kudos to "Let's go Hoosiers!" The IU / PU rivalry is great. We can have fun razzing each other without resorting to nastiness. Good luck to all of the state teams (even ND :)
poop stain

Medway, OH

#8 Nov 29, 2007
Lets go Hoosiers wrote:
Aw man , Do I have to...
Brittanica Spears

South Bend, IN

#9 Nov 29, 2007
You've gotta love the all-out hustle and energy young Mr. Kramer brings to the court. However, he needs to tone it down just a tad before he seriously injures himself.
IU 4 LIFE

North Judson, IN

#10 Nov 29, 2007
Kramer is a hustler. I love watching players that give 100% everytime they step on the floor. I hope he gets healthy and can get back to leading the Boilers.
Boiler Up

Indianapolis, IN

#11 Nov 29, 2007
Lets go Hoosiers wrote:
I have to say thanks too for the comment, unfortunately I don't think you speak for the majority of Hoosier fans. I think you'd find that most Purdue fans would like to pull for IU in non head to head, but IU fans wouldn't be caught dead doing so for the Boilers, and since IU has enjoyed more national success, Purdue fans have reacted by doing the same. Oh well, it's a rivalry. Regarding Kramer, I agree that he plays hard, but as a lifetime PU fan, b-ball season ticket holder, and someone who is very hopeful for lots of success on the court the next couple of years, he needs to tone it down- I hate to say it, but he's kind of like that kid who was on your team that was talented but seemed to "get hurt" all the time and loved the drama/attention a little too much...I'm not downplaying a concussion by any means- I'm saying that he is a pure athlete and can control his body on those drives to the basket more than he has shown...that dunk should have been an easy layup, could have made a big difference in the game. Nobody doubts that he plays hard, but we need him on the floor being smart, not on the bench in dress clothes for being dumb.

Since: Oct 07

Bloomington, IN

#12 Nov 29, 2007
Oh that reminds me of a story of going to a Bucket game in Lafayette with my dad who supported both teams. I was more of an IU fan already, but in the Bucket game IU fumbled on the 2 yard line late in the game and lost a game they should have won. I was sitting with the IU fans and all the Purdue fans who had rushed onto the field swarmed down in front of us and started chanting IU sux. Needless to say my dad never took me to another game in Lafayette and a serious distaste of all things Boiler was born in me. Having matured some I think you have the nucleus of a good team and one that may be entertaining to watch. As to who started this, that is my story.
lbroer

Niles, IL

#13 Nov 29, 2007
I hope PU does better on taking care of the ball when pressed on inbound plays. Several times they allowed themselves to be trapped along the sideline. I'm sure Painter has already worked on that. Overall, I thought they played well for a young team.
Come on

Elwood, IN

#14 Nov 29, 2007
Clemente wrote:
Oh that reminds me of a story of going to a Bucket game in Lafayette with my dad who supported both teams. I was more of an IU fan already, but in the Bucket game IU fumbled on the 2 yard line late in the game and lost a game they should have won. I was sitting with the IU fans and all the Purdue fans who had rushed onto the field swarmed down in front of us and started chanting IU sux. Needless to say my dad never took me to another game in Lafayette and a serious distaste of all things Boiler was born in me. Having matured some I think you have the nucleus of a good team and one that may be entertaining to watch. As to who started this, that is my story.
Clemente-
Are you joking? Your poor little dad and his distaste in his mouth. It is a rivalry. Each team always says the other sucks when they win. But, I am pretty sure it started on that very day. Give me a break. College kids are immature, as it appears a lot of adults on these blogs. IU also rushed the field this year acting like they had won the world championship and chanting Purdue sucks- but they were just retaliating from that game so many years ago. whatever.
Boiler Up

Indianapolis, IN

#15 Nov 29, 2007
Clemente wrote:
Yeah, I get that, but you can't base IU/PU relations on the students...that's just what they do regardless of the team- just like Clemson students chanting "Big 10 sux" the other night. I'm sure IU students passing Purdue fans after the bucket game last week weren't slapping them on the back saying "good game"
what if

Duncan, OK

#16 Nov 29, 2007
I know its easy to play. But what if Kramer just laid it up? 2 points would have gone a long way to winning this game. Then, we would have had Kramer in the rest of the night, and the game would surely had ended differently. Of course it was silly for Kramer to do, but remember he is a kid, and was obviously fired up-until the dunk attempt...then I swear I saw birds flying around his head. Good points on the PU/IU rivalry. Its too bad it gets so ugly.

Since: Nov 07

Newark, OH

#17 Nov 29, 2007
Tone it down? apparently you didn't play sports as a kid, or play any sports recently. giving it 100 % all the time every time is what makes a player great. i love watching kramer play for this very reason. if he were to "tone it down" he wouldn't be the player he is. get well soon chris, and boiler up!
Brittanica Spears wrote:
You've gotta love the all-out hustle and energy young Mr. Kramer brings to the court. However, he needs to tone it down just a tad before he seriously injures himself.

Since: Oct 07

Bloomington, IN

#18 Nov 29, 2007
Come on wrote:
<quoted text>
Clemente-
Are you joking? Your poor little dad and his distaste in his mouth. It is a rivalry. Each team always says the other sucks when they win. But, I am pretty sure it started on that very day. Give me a break. College kids are immature, as it appears a lot of adults on these blogs. IU also rushed the field this year acting like they had won the world championship and chanting Purdue sucks- but they were just retaliating from that game so many years ago. whatever.
I was on the field after this years bucket and I didn't hear anyone chaning Purdue sucks. I wish it was all students back then but it was all types and IU deserved to have won the game.
Will

Austin, TX

#19 Nov 29, 2007
Lay the ball in the basket next time.
Come on

Elwood, IN

#20 Nov 29, 2007
Clemente wrote:
<quoted text>
I was on the field after this years bucket and I didn't hear anyone chaning Purdue sucks. I wish it was all students back then but it was all types and IU deserved to have won the game.
Deserving to win a game and winning are different. You fumble on the 2- you don't win, that's IU's fault. I can see you are so scarred by this event from your past. Get over it. It is a rivalry. What a p***y.
wahhh wahhhh

Elwood, IN

#21 Nov 29, 2007
Clemente wrote:
Daddy, they said IU sucks. wahhh wahhh wahhh Can you protect me from those big mean Purdue fans? wahhh wahhhh wahhh. I want to go home now. wahhh wahhh wahhh

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clemson Tigers NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
how long to build a basketball team? (Jan '15) Jan '15 jrapple 1
News Tip Drill: Clemson Dismal in the Dean Dome (Jan '14) Jan '14 THE BOSS 1
News Three souvenirs Clemson hoops must bring back f... (Aug '13) Aug '13 sonya purifoy 1
News Fairview Flyers unicycle team wows the crowd at... (Feb '08) May '13 Cyclist 14
News Morning review: Mitchell, Cleare stepped up (Feb '13) Feb '13 charlessr 1
News No. 3 Miami looks to extend winning streak at C... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Norm 1
News Overused words are a good fit for Clemson's Tan... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Jerry Gambrell 1
More from around the web