Boilers miss their shot at an upset o...

Boilers miss their shot at an upset of Tigers

There are 185 comments on the The Indianapolis Star story from Nov 28, 2007, titled Boilers miss their shot at an upset of Tigers. In it, The Indianapolis Star reports that:

K.C. Rivers' soft floater with 31.2 seconds left broke a tie and sent No. 18 Clemson to a 61-58 victory over Purdue on Tuesday night in the ACC-Big Ten Challenge.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Indianapolis Star.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
rmk23

United States

#193 Dec 1, 2007
You know, when you wander around blindly, you're occasionally going to step in something. It's o.k., really. Just know when to give up. YOU responded to my comment about your "best" player averaging 6 pts., 2 rebs, and 1 assist. If you weren't able to piece together who I was responding to, then why did you even open your mouth? Your subsequent attempts to rip IU and Gordon have made you look silly. Gordon has been a team guy and a winner everywhere he's been. Do you really even follow basketball? You probably read that Gordon scored a bunch of points and figured that makes him a selfish, shoot-first guy. Your reading comprehension is questionable, however, so maybe you heard it on t.v. IU envy can really cloud your judgement. Either way, let's just pretend you didn't read this final post so you can walk away avoiding any further "landmines".

“Play more golf!!!”

Since: Nov 07

West Lafayette, IN

#194 Dec 1, 2007
rmk23 wrote:
You know, when you wander around blindly, you're occasionally going to step in something. It's o.k., really. Just know when to give up. YOU responded to my comment about your "best" player averaging 6 pts., 2 rebs, and 1 assist. If you weren't able to piece together who I was responding to, then why did you even open your mouth? Your subsequent attempts to rip IU and Gordon have made you look silly. Gordon has been a team guy and a winner everywhere he's been. Do you really even follow basketball? You probably read that Gordon scored a bunch of points and figured that makes him a selfish, shoot-first guy. Your reading comprehension is questionable, however, so maybe you heard it on t.v. IU envy can really cloud your judgement. Either way, let's just pretend you didn't read this final post so you can walk away avoiding any further "landmines".
I think you must be "smokin" something. I cannot follow anything that you say. You are the one who puts so much emphasis on stats and keep bringing up "stats". My point was that team play and leadership on the court (and off) were more important than "stats". I'll let you figure out where Gordon fits. He's your player. Jealous??? LOL!!! We've got a good team that will develop into a great team over the next 4 years. Gordon will be long gone by then and so will your big recruit for next year. You'll have a bunch of guys on the floor playing street ball. Go ahead -- throw some more "stats" at me. You seem to think they prove something.
rmk23

United States

#195 Dec 1, 2007
I just thought it strange that pu's "best player" had those averages. Those are the only stats I ever mentioned. You are the one that started out with Gordon's stats. I gave you an out, but you just keep digging deeper. If you can't follow this joke of a discussion, then you clearly know zip about basketball and either too ignorant or blind to admit it. Oh, and "street ball"? Sampson's teams are known for defense and rebounding, but you would know that being the basketball expert you pretend to be, right? Get a clue....

“Play more golf!!!”

Since: Nov 07

West Lafayette, IN

#196 Dec 1, 2007
rmk23 wrote:
I just thought it strange that pu's "best player" had those averages. Those are the only stats I ever mentioned. You are the one that started out with Gordon's stats. I gave you an out, but you just keep digging deeper. If you can't follow this joke of a discussion, then you clearly know zip about basketball and either too ignorant or blind to admit it. Oh, and "street ball"? Sampson's teams are known for defense and rebounding, but you would know that being the basketball expert you pretend to be, right? Get a clue....
Yes -- this current team is such a defensive wonder. Other teams can hardly score against them. Its a wonder IU hasn't shut out someone yet. In the past, Sampson's teams have been known for defense -- this current team has a ways to go. Sampson is aware of it as he's said so. Like all teams at this time of the year, its a work in progress. For teams to play good D, they have to work together and play together for a while. Will this team have the chance to do that if there is a revolving door of players?
Wild Dog

Denver, CO

#197 Dec 3, 2007
Young Boilers show future promise as they play with poise on the road against a ranked team and almost win!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clemson Tigers NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
how long to build a basketball team? (Jan '15) Jan '15 jrapple 1
News Tip Drill: Clemson Dismal in the Dean Dome (Jan '14) Jan '14 THE BOSS 1
News Three souvenirs Clemson hoops must bring back f... (Aug '13) Aug '13 sonya purifoy 1
News Fairview Flyers unicycle team wows the crowd at... (Feb '08) May '13 Cyclist 14
News Morning review: Mitchell, Cleare stepped up (Feb '13) Feb '13 charlessr 1
News No. 3 Miami looks to extend winning streak at C... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Norm 1
News Overused words are a good fit for Clemson's Tan... (Mar '12) Mar '12 Jerry Gambrell 1
More from around the web