Bearcats pounce on last chance | Buck...

Bearcats pounce on last chance | BuckeyeXtra

There are 33 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Dec 6, 2009, titled Bearcats pounce on last chance | BuckeyeXtra. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Only in magical seasons does this kind of stuff happen. So when the break No. 5 Cincinnati waited for all game finally came with 96 seconds left, the Bearcats had every confidence they'd seize the opportunity.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
buckeye fan

Crothersville, IN

#1 Dec 6, 2009
Good win, but they have no sustained defense,to think
they can beat OHIO STATE?
The buckeyes defense ranked#5!!
Bearcat Fan

Cincinnati, OH

#2 Dec 6, 2009
UC would beat OSU because Kelly's a better coach than Tressel. If Kelly stays at UC, we'll see this happen on the field in 2012. Tressel wins because of the resources and built-in advantages he has at OSU. He's not capable of coaching a school like UC to back-to back BCS games and a 12-0 season.

Since: Oct 09

Cincinnati area

#3 Dec 6, 2009
Unlike the vast majority of people in Cincinnati, the Bearcats can apparently drive in the snow. I can't help but be impressed with the offensive prowess UC has demonstrated this season. Defense, however, is apparently not taught too well on campus...and may well prove to be the cause for another UC loss against a quality opponent in another BCS bowl. I cannot foresee the Bearcats making it through the bowl season undefeated in light of their poor defense, the possible distraction of losing Coach Kelly, and the likelihood of facing another undefeated foe with better offensive/defensive balance (or the likes of an angry Florida squad)...but I wish them well.

Since: Oct 09

Cincinnati area

#4 Dec 6, 2009
Bearcat Fan wrote:
UC would beat OSU because Kelly's a better coach than Tressel. If Kelly stays at UC, we'll see this happen on the field in 2012. Tressel wins because of the resources and built-in advantages he has at OSU. He's not capable of coaching a school like UC to back-to back BCS games and a 12-0 season.
Perhaps Coach Kelly is a better coach than Coach Tressel (he certainly seems to be a better offensive mind). However, Coach Kelly has yet to win a BCS bowl game...let alone a National Championship at this level of play. To date Coach Kelly has won 2 National Championships (both at Grand Valley State) while Coach Tressel has won 5 (4 at Youngstown State and 1 at Ohio State).

While there are more "built-in advantages" at Ohio State than there are at UC, both coaches have been responsible for and successful at rebuilding programs at EVERY head coaching position they have accepted. Enjoy Coach Kelly while you have him. My guess is he is smart enough to realize the same thing Coach Dantonio and many others have known: UC is a stepping stone.

Best wishes in your second BCS bowl game. I hope you finally get to enjoy the taste of winning one....it's pretty sweet!
MisterTOO

Aurora, IL

#5 Dec 6, 2009
Tressel will be able to add to his portfolio of embarrassments when he gets beat by a team whos mascot is Donald Duck.
Naplescat

Bonita Springs, FL

#6 Dec 6, 2009
THEEEEEE CITY COLLEGE OF COLUMBUS has a bowl record of 18 wins and 22 losses.Cannot wait to see what Oregon does to them.
casey d jax fl

United States

#7 Dec 6, 2009
Congrats to UC. Most of my family still lives in the Cininnati and Northern Kentucky area. I never thought i would see the day when UC would go undefeated in the regular season. Im really excited about OSU playing oregon but it would be fun to Watch OSU vs UC this year. I would love to see what the Silver Bullet d would do against UC. Hopefully kelly will stay at UC and contiue to build the program. Then OSU and UC should schedule each to play every year and showcase the Buckeye State. Go Bucks spank the Ducks
casey d jax fl

United States

#8 Dec 6, 2009
Bearcat Fan wrote:
UC would beat OSU because Kelly's a better coach than Tressel. If Kelly stays at UC, we'll see this happen on the field in 2012. Tressel wins because of the resources and built-in advantages he has at OSU. He's not capable of coaching a school like UC to back-to back BCS games and a 12-0 season.
WE will see in 2012. Another Buckeye victory. Dont forget bearcat fan it was Mark Dantonio the Bucks d cordinator that got the bus rolling before kelly. That built in advantage was decades of excellent by Ohio State. If UC would have got there head out of there butt years ago they could have had the same sucess as OSU. And please dont compare kelly to Tressel. Tressl has coached and won way more big games than kelly. Also im sorry to burst your bubble but playing in the big east is no where close to being on the same level as playing in The Big Ten.
Would He Haze

Portage, MI

#9 Dec 6, 2009
Wow! What a comeback and finish to a great game. Congratulations to the Bearcats.
GoBux

Washington Court House, OH

#10 Dec 6, 2009
MisterTOO wrote:
Tressel will be able to add to his portfolio of embarrassments when he gets beat by a team whos mascot is Donald Duck.
MisterTOOstupid: Jealous much? I mean, seriously, who do you have to root for in Chillinoise? Maybe you should go watch a hockey game or something...

"Donald Duck's" team has absolutely NO defense and they have never seen a defense like tOSU's. Bucks will win this one.

As for Tressel being embarrased whether we win or loose - Never! He's a class coach and a class person.

Go Bucks!
GoBux

Washington Court House, OH

#11 Dec 6, 2009
Great game, yesterday, Bearcats! I thought you had lost the magic - then the comeback!

Good luck in the BCS bowl...looks like you will most likely get Florida. I don't think you have the firepower to stand with them, but I hope you do! I'd love to see Bearcats stomp on Gators!

Go Bearcats!

Go Bucks!!!!!!!
OSU84

Youngstown, OH

#12 Dec 6, 2009
Bearcat Fan wrote:
UC would beat OSU because Kelly's a better coach than Tressel. If Kelly stays at UC, we'll see this happen on the field in 2012. Tressel wins because of the resources and built-in advantages he has at OSU. He's not capable of coaching a school like UC to back-to back BCS games and a 12-0 season.
We will see how good of a head coach kelly is when he gets to the next level. Right now, all he has proven is that he is an excellent offensive coach, winning conference games with Dantonio's recruits. When he goes to ND, which will happen within the next week, he will have to recruit, assemble a much more respectable defense and handle the pressures of running a top program. After kelly wins a NC, and goes to BCS bowls consistently, then you can start to mention him as being one of the elite coaches in CFB. Until then, he is just a coach with promise.

“Go Buckeyes! ”

Since: Aug 09

Ohio

#13 Dec 6, 2009
Great game! I really hope that Cincinatti can win their bowl game. Go Bearcats!
CalBuckeye

Ashburn, VA

#14 Dec 7, 2009
Naplescat wrote
THEEEEEE CITY COLLEGE OF COLUMBUS has a bowl record of 18 wins and 22 losses.Cannot wait to see what Oregon does to them.

the Ducks are 9-13 in bowl games so whats your point?
CalBuckeye

Ashburn, VA

#15 Dec 7, 2009
go bearcats! true ohioians will be pulling for you guys! beat the gators
Chunon

Cincinnati, OH

#16 Dec 7, 2009
UC great offense terrible defense. Not exactly a recipe for sucess against Florida. What I don't get is the obsession with Ohio State by UC fans. Obviously UC has had a great couple year run. But they have surpassed OSU as the "Kings of College Football" in Ohio ? What a joke, win consistently for decades, win 7 national championships and then we will talk.

95% of the time Cincinnati considers its self part of Kentucky and ignores they are part of Ohio. Only this year are they part of the Buckeye state lol.

“Go Buckeyes! ”

Since: Aug 09

Ohio

#17 Dec 7, 2009
Does anyone think that it's possible for Cincinnati to beat Florida?

Enzyte Bob

“A generous swelling of pride!”

Since: Oct 09

Bob is livin' large!

#18 Dec 7, 2009
Chunon wrote:
UC great offense terrible defense.
How can you tell if a team has a great offense if they don't play any teams with great defenses? Remember, RichRod and Paterno were both golden boys before they had to deal with the Big 10! Joe Tiller was also an offensive guru at Purdue? Offense means squat if you play against defenses that shut them down!!!

Enzyte Bob

“A generous swelling of pride!”

Since: Oct 09

Bob is livin' large!

#19 Dec 7, 2009
Boeckmanfan17 wrote:
Does anyone think that it's possible for Cincinnati to beat Florida?
Does anyone think that it's possible for Cincinnati to not get killed by Florida?
Laughing at Columbus

Mason, OH

#20 Dec 7, 2009
Charles David Spohn wrote:
Unlike the vast majority of people in Cincinnati, the Bearcats can apparently drive in the snow. I can't help but be impressed with the offensive prowess UC has demonstrated this season. Defense, however, is apparently not taught too well on campus...and may well prove to be the cause for another UC loss against a quality opponent in another BCS bowl. I cannot foresee the Bearcats making it through the bowl season undefeated in light of their poor defense, the possible distraction of losing Coach Kelly, and the likelihood of facing another undefeated foe with better offensive/defensive balance (or the likes of an angry Florida squad)...but I wish them well.
Must be nice and much easier to drive in dinky little flat colamebus ( where people can't drive without snow) than a real city that has hills all over it. Your a moron just like all you other a$$ clowns in that podunk, hick town. Your a college town, not a very good one at that, and that's all you will ever be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Cincinnati NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cincinnati Greets East Carolina on Tuesday at 7... (Jan '15) Jan '15 badbob 1
News Emerald Coast Classic 2014: Teams, Schedule, Li... (Nov '14) Nov '14 badbob 1
News Nippert Stadium Renovation Gallery - August 30,... (Sep '14) Sep '14 new 3
News Reed Armagost Is A Bearcat (Jul '14) Jul '14 Gregory martin 1
News Ross Trail Is A Bearcat (Jun '14) Jun '14 guest 4
News NCAA allows Ball St transfer to play immediately (Jun '14) Jun '14 Robert Batman 1
News Inability To Finish Ends Bearcats Season (Mar '14) Mar '14 Cary blog 2
More from around the web