Bearcats have one to go for 12-0 | The Columbus Dispatch

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

A blustery, late-November day. A Big Ten opponent. A quarterback who hasn't started in six weeks.
Comments
21 - 33 of 33 Comments Last updated Nov 30, 2009
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Logic

Florence, KY

#21 Nov 28, 2009
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Just ask RichRod how that spread offense is goin' for him. I have a feeling Kelly won't be such a golden boy once he moves up to a real league and has to start playing real defenses.
I used to live in Cincy and I think this is a great story. It would be an even better story if they played in a league with good defensive teams.
Well, I'm glad you don't live in Cincy anymore, because we don't want idiots like you here.

RichRod doesn't have players yet. Besides, if you want to compare Michigan and Cincinnati, why don't you just look at how they each fared against the common opponent Illinois? I'll do it for you since you obviously don't know how to look up facts and information. UC coasted to an easy 49-36 win after running out the clock at the end. Michigan got pounded 38-13.

And if the Big East is not a "real league", then I wonder what that makes the Big Ten (which has been ranked below the Big East all season). Not to mention how the Big Ten consistently gets smoked in bowl games. 1-6 last year, compared to the Big East at 4-2.

It really is amazing how outsiders desperately try to come up with ways to bring down a team who just doesn't lose. Uhhh...their conference is bad. Uhhh...they gave up a lot of points. Uhhh...I don't like them. Uhhh...just wait until 3 years from now. Geesh. Well, I guess it's my fault for paying attention to it.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#22 Nov 28, 2009
Yeah, but they have three games to win to get to 14-0. Not gonna happen this year. . . .
savit

Youngstown, OH

#23 Nov 28, 2009
Logic wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I'm glad you don't live in Cincy anymore, because we don't want idiots like you here.
RichRod doesn't have players yet. Besides, if you want to compare Michigan and Cincinnati, why don't you just look at how they each fared against the common opponent Illinois? I'll do it for you since you obviously don't know how to look up facts and information. UC coasted to an easy 49-36 win after running out the clock at the end. Michigan got pounded 38-13.
And if the Big East is not a "real league", then I wonder what that makes the Big Ten (which has been ranked below the Big East all season). Not to mention how the Big Ten consistently gets smoked in bowl games. 1-6 last year, compared to the Big East at 4-2.
It really is amazing how outsiders desperately try to come up with ways to bring down a team who just doesn't lose. Uhhh...their conference is bad. Uhhh...they gave up a lot of points. Uhhh...I don't like them. Uhhh...just wait until 3 years from now. Geesh. Well, I guess it's my fault for paying attention to it.
1-I don't think Bob was comparing UC to um.

2-Coasted to an easy win? Without the home field BS call at the back of the end zone, you may have coasted to a loss. 500 yards and 36 points to a team that averaged 15 points a game and finished at the bottom of lousy Big Ten.

3-Look up facts? In your previous post you made the comical claim of Cincy beating 5 ranked teams already this year. The FACT is that the Big East is a combined 1-14 vs the top 30. Look it up.

4-Desperate outsiders? Excuse me but this is a Columbus newspaper and an OSU forum so you are the outsider and your truth skirting rants make you the desperate one.

5-What you need is a good old cup of shut the fuch up already.

“A generous swelling of pride!”

Since: Oct 09

Bob is livin' large!

#24 Nov 28, 2009
savit wrote:
<quoted text>
/

Correct. What I said was that it is relatively easier for RichRod to look like a genius in the Big East ... or for that matter, Joe Paterno. But them in a tough league like the Big-10 and see how they match up against the competition.

Yes, everybody loves it when an offense opens up. But anyboye can open things up against weak defenses, can't they? Terrelle Pryor was a great quarterback prospect as the proverbial big fish in the small pond, wasn't he? How does Tony Pike do in the SEC?
Greg

Houston, TX

#25 Nov 28, 2009
Personally...I'd love UC and Ohio State in the Rose Bowl IF UC goes 12-0 and doesn't get in the National Champ game. Otherwise Bearcat and Buckeye fans, we don't know squat about who is better this year. UC players have been talkin trash while Ohio State players haven't said a word (as far as I know). You can bet that the Buckeyes would be gettin after it. My opinion, Buckeyes would shut down UC offense and score plenty on a porous UC defense. But we'll never know.

“Bearadise Comments”

Since: Jul 09

Marietta, OH

#26 Nov 28, 2009
Gator Gary wrote:
QUESTION??? Can the Bearcats recruit against OSU this year? Will the Bearcats sucess demenish OSU's recruiting in Ohio? These questions will answer the question of? "Are the Bearcats gaining ground on OSU as a football power?" Doesn't the Bearcats have more National Championships in Basketball than OSU (Bearcats 2, OSU 1) and in fact didn't Lucas and Havelcek "CHOKE" against the Bearcats in the 62 and 63 National Baskeball Championships? OUCH! I know that one hurt! GO GATORS!!!
I think I know why Gary is grinning from ear to ear today. I've seen Florida play today, and I honestly think they've just joined Ohio State in the Two-Time Heisman Trophy Winner Club.

“A generous swelling of pride!”

Since: Oct 09

Bob is livin' large!

#27 Nov 28, 2009
It's the level of competition, stupid! What has Joe Paterno done since he joined the Big 10? I'm guessing Brian Kelly would do the same--a middling to upper-half coach at a Big 10 school. By the same token, OSU would be a perrenial 9-3 team in the SEC ... kind of like the Cooper years here ... not bad, but not 3x NC material, either.
GoldnSt8tBuck

Los Angeles, CA

#29 Nov 28, 2009
dataplease wrote:
Has any of the Buckeye fans, particularly those that crash on the Bearcat discussion boards, noticed that the computer rankings, yeah, those rankings that use data, rank Cincinnati as number 3? These rankings use data including strangth of schedule (to explain what that means to those that need it, it means comparing who played who, what was scored, and who won all of the games) to determine the teams that have performed the best on the field in the current year. UC is ranked higher than all but two other FBS teams, including OSU.
Yes, the BCS poll data is interesting, and can be helpful. How many changes in computer rankings have occurred among the top 20 teams with each week? How many changes have they're been in the top 10 teams? I suppose if the computers were omniscient, there wouldn't be any--or many--changes at all in the rankings each week. Upsets would be theoretically impossible, if the computer data were supremely accurate. Obviously, that is not the case. That said, it's nice to see another thriving program back in my home state. At this point, OSU has more national championships than the number of wins Cincy has averaged during quite a few of its seasons.
Dannawally

Toledo, OH

#30 Nov 29, 2009
dataplease wrote:
Has any of the Buckeye fans, particularly those that crash on the Bearcat discussion boards, noticed that the computer rankings, yeah, those rankings that use data, rank Cincinnati as number 3? These rankings use data including strangth of schedule (to explain what that means to those that need it, it means comparing who played who, what was scored, and who won all of the games) to determine the teams that have performed the best on the field in the current year. UC is ranked higher than all but two other FBS teams, including OSU. I'm here to blast your team to retaliate for your brainless fans who have nothing better to do than spout off on the UC discussion boards rather than contribute something useful using real data. Does OSU have a better winning tradition than UC, yes. Is UC a better college football team than OSU this year? The data says yes.
Heck, why even play the games? Let the computer work it out for us. We could just punch a key every Fall and find out who the National Champion is. We're doing it now with "global warming" aren't we?
big D

Houston, TX

#31 Nov 30, 2009
This game confirmed what we all knew all along...

Cincinnati IS NOT the best team in Ohio.

O-State would go 12-0 with that schedule, too...

Cincy would lose 3 games with Ohio State's schedule...

That said... I hope Cincy wins, Texas loses, and Cincy jumps to #2 over TCU to beat Florida or Bama in the title game.
dataplease

Cape Coral, FL

#32 Nov 30, 2009
savit wrote:
<quoted text>
Dataplease,**** are you doing? If this isn't the perfect example of the pot and the kettle, I don't know what is. The majority of the people here are happy for the Bearcats and the season they are having. The problem is the idiots like you beating the -we are better than you drum-. Why the inferiority complex? Cincy is having a great year, enjoy it while it lasts, rather than trying to justify it with your moronic computer poll explanation. These rants are only going to make it worse for Cincy fans when smacked back to reality.
Savit - Savit - yeah, you're right, making it worse. How foolish of me to suggest using data. I can see now that it is hopeless.
dataplease

Cape Coral, FL

#33 Nov 30, 2009
big D wrote:
This game confirmed what we all knew all along...
Cincinnati IS NOT the best team in Ohio.
O-State would go 12-0 with that schedule, too...
Cincy would lose 3 games with Ohio State's schedule...
That said... I hope Cincy wins, Texas loses, and Cincy jumps to #2 over TCU to beat Florida or Bama in the title game.
big D - And where, exactly, is the data to support this claim? Because the data I'm looking at says otherwise, and the professionals in the business seem to agree with it. Savit - here's your example. There are a couple dozen of these grenades lobbed over the wall following every article on UC on the web. Very annoying...
dataplease

Cape Coral, FL

#34 Nov 30, 2009
savit wrote:
<quoted text>
2-Coasted to an easy win? Without the home field BS call at the back of the end zone, you may have coasted to a loss. 500 yards and 36 points to a team that averaged 15 points a game and finished at the bottom of lousy Big Ten.
3-Look up facts? In your previous post you made the comical claim of Cincy beating 5 ranked teams already this year. The FACT is that the Big East is a combined 1-14 vs the top 30. Look it up.
4-Desperate outsiders? Excuse me but this is a Columbus newspaper and an OSU forum so you are the outsider and your truth skirting rants make you the desperate one.
5-What you need is a good old cup of shut the fuch up already.
I'm not finding that 1-14 stat. What I have found is that the Big East has the second best record (80% winning pct.) against other FBS opponents, behind the SEC.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Cincinnati NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Reed Armagost Is A Bearcat Jul '14 Gregory martin 1
Ross Trail Is A Bearcat Jun '14 guest 4
NCAA allows Ball St transfer to play immediately Jun '14 Robert Batman 1
Inability To Finish Ends Bearcats Season Mar '14 Cary blog 2
Harvard Loss No Cause For A Referendum On Mick ... Mar '14 Mark Lewis 1
Doc: Kilpatrick's progress is off the court (Feb '14) Feb '14 bearcats4 1
Kay on NFL: 'I think I will get a shot somewhere' (Jan '14) Jan '14 Chip Andrews 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

University of Cincinnati NCAA People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••