Bearcats have one to go for 12-0 | Th...

Bearcats have one to go for 12-0 | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 33 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Nov 28, 2009, titled Bearcats have one to go for 12-0 | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

A blustery, late-November day. A Big Ten opponent. A quarterback who hasn't started in six weeks.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
jaegerbomb55

Dayton, OH

#1 Nov 28, 2009
Run the ball, play it safe doesn't happen too much in Cincy. Coach kelly loves to score and could care less if they win 49-37 every game. It's a great brand of football to watch. Unfortantly Coach is prob gone after the season and I hope they don't hire a Dantonio or sweater vest type to replace him. I'm hoping they go with Kerry Combs,
timmy

Youngstown, OH

#2 Nov 28, 2009
Lets go Cats ! Show those OVERRATED Buckeyes who owns the State. Maybe they can be the visting team against the strong Bearcats ! No Worthless Nuts in Cincy.
dave

Columbus, OH

#3 Nov 28, 2009
timmy wrote:
Lets go Cats ! Show those OVERRATED Buckeyes who owns the State. Maybe they can be the visting team against the strong Bearcats ! No Worthless Nuts in Cincy.
they dont own the state ....your stupid
JDBuck

Chapel Hill, NC

#4 Nov 28, 2009
Timmy, Lassie is looking for you!
Dannawally

Toledo, OH

#5 Nov 28, 2009
jaegerbomb55 wrote:
Run the ball, play it safe doesn't happen too much in Cincy. Coach kelly loves to score and could care less if they win 49-37 every game. It's a great brand of football to watch. Unfortantly Coach is prob gone after the season and I hope they don't hire a Dantonio or sweater vest type to replace him. I'm hoping they go with Kerry Combs,
Hey, why rip on Dantonio? He's nothing like the vest. Any bets Kelley goes to Notre Dame? Please, not Meat-chicken.
jaxbuck

Jacksonville, FL

#6 Nov 28, 2009
Congratulations to the bearcats on a great season so far. Hope you go all the way and lock in a BCS bid. It is fun to watch all the scoring,but if you don't learn to play defense,you will not survive with the big boys. There are lots of teams in the country who can and will shut you down and drowned you with a tough producing offense. don't get to excited about beating a "BIG TEN" team. just look at their record and where they stand in what many call a very weak league. Just be happy with your record and stop trying to compare to ANY other team. Sustain your record over time then maybe we can talk about "Best Team" in ?????
Shane Falco played at OSU

United States

#7 Nov 28, 2009
During a recent interview Kelly said he wants to continue building what he started at UC. Unless he's a liar he's not leaving UC. But then again most of these hot coaches say things like this during this time of the year then end up leaving for $greener$ pastures. Who knows, if UC can beat Pitt and Texas trips up vs Nebraska....
John Coakley

Stow, OH

#8 Nov 28, 2009
To jaegerbomb55 & litty timmy, did you read what jaxbuck had to say? You give up 36 points to a team that can't score?
Buckeye Dave in NC

Mount Airy, NC

#9 Nov 28, 2009
timmy wrote:
Cincy reminds me of Hawaii a few years ago with Timmy Chang and Coach Jones. Score lots of points and pray that they outscore the other team. Then they play a team of substance in the BCS with an actual defense and find out what happens when you play true elite programs.

Between TCU, Boise State, and Cincy I'll take TCU and Boise State. They have shown they can play both sides of the ball. In two years Cincy is back to being an average team in the Big Least.
savit

Youngstown, OH

#10 Nov 28, 2009
jaegerbomb55 wrote:
You do realize that these are Dantonio's players he is winning with. Also doubt that vest would leave 100,000 plus crowds and $4 mil. to go to 30,000 crowds and $150k. Great job Bearcats but you have morons for fans.
Dude

Charlotte, NC

#11 Nov 28, 2009
Uh, I forget...how many ranked teams has Cincy played this year????

For the first time I got to see them play. Pike and the other QB are for real. But still wonder about when big time pressure is put on them.

Allowing 37 points to a 3 and 8 team does make a person wonder.

Hope they draw a good bowl team. Then we'll know.
dataplease

Batavia, OH

#12 Nov 28, 2009
Has any of the Buckeye fans, particularly those that crash on the Bearcat discussion boards, noticed that the computer rankings, yeah, those rankings that use data, rank Cincinnati as number 3? These rankings use data including strangth of schedule (to explain what that means to those that need it, it means comparing who played who, what was scored, and who won all of the games) to determine the teams that have performed the best on the field in the current year. UC is ranked higher than all but two other FBS teams, including OSU. I'm here to blast your team to retaliate for your brainless fans who have nothing better to do than spout off on the UC discussion boards rather than contribute something useful using real data. Does OSU have a better winning tradition than UC, yes. Is UC a better college football team than OSU this year? The data says yes.
Gator Gary

Marietta, GA

#13 Nov 28, 2009
QUESTION??? Can the Bearcats recruit against OSU this year? Will the Bearcats sucess demenish OSU's recruiting in Ohio? These questions will answer the question of? "Are the Bearcats gaining ground on OSU as a football power?" Doesn't the Bearcats have more National Championships in Basketball than OSU (Bearcats 2, OSU 1) and in fact didn't Lucas and Havelcek "CHOKE" against the Bearcats in the 62 and 63 National Baskeball Championships? OUCH! I know that one hurt! GO GATORS!!!
CA buckeye

Salinas, CA

#14 Nov 28, 2009
Well, this game showed one thing for certain, Cincy does not belong in the title game. With no defense they would get killed by a real team. Yes, they claim to own the state of Ohio. I'm sorry, how did Illinois fair against the lowly buckeyes? Oh yes, 35-0. Cincy simply showed they are the Ohio version of Notre Dame and Florida State. They are 11-0 and WILL go 12-0 only because they played a patsy schedule and in a patsy confereence. All offense and no defense. Fortunately for them, no one else in their conference owns an offense or a defense.
Bob Roberts

Los Angeles, CA

#15 Nov 28, 2009
Would love to see the Bearcats go undefeated. The naysayers are beside themselves thinking that nobody not in the SEC, PAC 10, or whatever could possibly be good enough to be considered. It's quite possible that Cincinnati is just a good team this year.
savit

Youngstown, OH

#16 Nov 28, 2009
dataplease wrote:
Has any of the Buckeye fans, particularly those that crash on the Bearcat discussion boards, noticed that the computer rankings, yeah, those rankings that use data, rank Cincinnati as number 3? These rankings use data including strangth of schedule (to explain what that means to those that need it, it means comparing who played who, what was scored, and who won all of the games) to determine the teams that have performed the best on the field in the current year. UC is ranked higher than all but two other FBS teams, including OSU. I'm here to blast your team to retaliate for your brainless fans who have nothing better to do than spout off on the UC discussion boards rather than contribute something useful using real data. Does OSU have a better winning tradition than UC, yes. Is UC a better college football team than OSU this year? The data says yes.
Dataplease, WTF are you doing? If this isn't the perfect example of the pot and the kettle, I don't know what is. The majority of the people here are happy for the Bearcats and the season they are having. The problem is the idiots like you beating the -we are better than you drum-. Why the inferiority complex? Cincy is having a great year, enjoy it while it lasts, rather than trying to justify it with your moronic computer poll explanation. These rants are only going to make it worse for Cincy fans when smacked back to reality.
CincyfanNBuckeye Fan

Williamsburg, KY

#17 Nov 28, 2009
Dude wrote:
Uh, I forget...how many ranked teams has Cincy played this year????
For the first time I got to see them play. Pike and the other QB are for real. But still wonder about when big time pressure is put on them.
Allowing 37 points to a 3 and 8 team does make a person wonder.
Hope they draw a good bowl team. Then we'll know.
The actualnumber is 5 teams were ranked when UC played them...not bad. BRIAN KELLY SAID IT BEST....CINCY IS A TOP 10 TEAM, NOT A TOP 10 PROGRAM YET. IF UC HAD RECEIVED THE TENS OF MILLIONS OF STATE SUPPORT FOR FACILITIES THAT OHIO STATE HAS GOTTEN OVER THE YEARS, I'M SURE IT WOULD BE A DIFFERENT STORY.I'm a Buckeye fan but Tresselball is getting really hard to enjoy watching.
Logic

Cincinnati, OH

#18 Nov 28, 2009
After deciding to read the garbage in these posts for some reason, I thought I would at least try to spray some lysol on some of the BS. I realize that many like to downplay the undefeated season of the Bearcats. Why? I don't know. Perhaps jealousy, or just the fact that they can't bear to see another team in the state have success. You would just think they would at least bother to look at UC's schedule before they criticize it.
Anyways, as the previous poster mentioned, they have beaten 5 teams who were ranked when they played them. That includes Oregon State (in their house), who could be the PAC 10 champion Ohio State will be playing in the Rose Bowl. That game alone makes their non-conference schedule better than most contenders. They also beat a solid Fresno State team and an Illinois team who was coming off a Rose Bowl appearance when they scheduled them. They can't help that most of the Big Ten sucks.
So all arguments about UC's schedule are ridiculous. Oh, and what was the Buckeye's marquee win the last time they got pounded in the BCS Championship game. Uh, that's right...Washington.
The bottomline is, there are 119 in Division I. The overwhelming majority have played weaker schedules than UC. Yet, they have beaten everyone they have played. All you who try to pull things out of your arse in an attempt to bring down Cincy...keep it coming! I love it. It comes with the territory of becoming an undefeated top 5 team. Go Cats!

Enzyte Bob

“A generous swelling of pride!”

Since: Oct 09

Bob is livin' large!

#19 Nov 28, 2009
Buckeye Dave in NC wrote:
<quoted text>
Cincy reminds me of Hawaii a few years ago with Timmy Chang and Coach Jones. Score lots of points and pray that they outscore the other team. Then they play a team of substance in the BCS with an actual defense and find out what happens when you play true elite programs.
Just ask RichRod how that spread offense is goin' for him. I have a feeling Kelly won't be such a golden boy once he moves up to a real league and has to start playing real defenses.

I used to live in Cincy and I think this is a great story. It would be an even better story if they played in a league with good defensive teams.
savit

Youngstown, OH

#20 Nov 28, 2009
Logic wrote:
After deciding to read the garbage in these posts for some reason, I thought I would at least try to spray some lysol on some of the BS. I realize that many like to downplay the undefeated season of the Bearcats. Why? I don't know. Perhaps jealousy, or just the fact that they can't bear to see another team in the state have success. You would just think they would at least bother to look at UC's schedule before they criticize it.
Anyways, as the previous poster mentioned, they have beaten 5 teams who were ranked when they played them. That includes Oregon State (in their house), who could be the PAC 10 champion Ohio State will be playing in the Rose Bowl. That game alone makes their non-conference schedule better than most contenders. They also beat a solid Fresno State team and an Illinois team who was coming off a Rose Bowl appearance when they scheduled them. They can't help that most of the Big Ten sucks.
So all arguments about UC's schedule are ridiculous. Oh, and what was the Buckeye's marquee win the last time they got pounded in the BCS Championship game. Uh, that's right...Washington.
The bottomline is, there are 119 in Division I. The overwhelming majority have played weaker schedules than UC. Yet, they have beaten everyone they have played. All you who try to pull things out of your arse in an attempt to bring down Cincy...keep it coming! I love it. It comes with the territory of becoming an undefeated top 5 team. Go Cats!
I think it is great what Cincy has done this year. I hope they win out, but I have to say I am getting sick of idiots coming on here and making asinine comments. The first asinine comment is regarding the schedule. Cincy has beaten 2, not 5, teams that were ranked when they played. They would be USF and W. Va. neither of which is currently ranked. The only currently ranked team is Oregon St. Of the teams UC has played this year, you would be lucky to find 5 who have been ranked at some point in the last 5 years let alone this year. You state that the Big Ten sucks, and I cant say I totally disagree. What does that say about Cincy getting torched for 500 yards by the worst team in the terrible Big Ten. It says to me that the Best team in the big east is only slightly better (on their home field) than the worst of the bad Big Ten. I was always taught that when you did something good, act like you been there before and you will earn a lot more respect. You have not even been there yet and you are acting like you have been dominating CFB for the past 15 years. Have some humility because reality will smack you in the face before you want it to. Good Luck Bearcats!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University of Cincinnati NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cincinnati Greets East Carolina on Tuesday at 7... (Jan '15) Jan '15 badbob 1
News Emerald Coast Classic 2014: Teams, Schedule, Li... (Nov '14) Nov '14 badbob 1
News Nippert Stadium Renovation Gallery - August 30,... (Sep '14) Sep '14 new 3
News Reed Armagost Is A Bearcat (Jul '14) Jul '14 Gregory martin 1
News Ross Trail Is A Bearcat (Jun '14) Jun '14 guest 4
News NCAA allows Ball St transfer to play immediately (Jun '14) Jun '14 Robert Batman 1
News Inability To Finish Ends Bearcats Season (Mar '14) Mar '14 Cary blog 2
More from around the web