UConn 84, Cincinnati 83

UConn 84, Cincinnati 83

There are 6 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Jan 24, 2008, titled UConn 84, Cincinnati 83. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

Deonta Vaughn had 34 points for the Bearcats - two shy of his career high. He made 10 of 14 shots, including 8 of 11 three-pointers. Play of the game The last one.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

Willimantic, CT

#1 Jan 24, 2008
When the 3 point shot was introduced into the game some time ago, my dad was incredibly vocal about how it would change the game and how it wasn't meant to be that way. He's been gone for some time now and I still agree with him on this point. If the three-shot did not exist the score would have been 80-75 in favor of UConn. The three has changed the complexion of play on the court and actually had the winning team lose in the score colume.

“Concerned citizen”

Since: Oct 07

West Hartford, CT

#2 Jan 24, 2008
I agree with Jas, but you need to let go of the past. The 3 is here to stay whether good or bad, so enjoy it. If the women can make 3s, the guys surely should be able to also. This game was one of the sloppiest I've seen lately, but I'll take the win. Good going for hanging in there Huskies!

Newington, CT

#3 Jan 24, 2008
Any win is a good win. This game demonstrated heart, desire and some clutch play during critical stretches. Unfortunately, it displayed many weaknesses (often times hard to watch) that we may not always overcome.
Some very sloppy play that gave away far too many points. Adrian and Robinson should ever be involved in breaking the press. Paying attention and maintaining proper focus is perhaps all that is lacking.
Number 3 (Doug Wiggins) deserves a game ball for his energy and applied pressure that turned this game. Our guards need to apply defense to their skill-sets. This team has the makings to go far ..…….... if they can just raise their basketball I.Q.

Ellington, CT

#4 Jan 24, 2008
Why was Belton allowed a "do over" on that free throw?
Massachusetts Husky

Mansfield, MA

#5 Jan 24, 2008
Hasn't the NCAA considered moving the 3-line back to NBA distance? I would support that.
Michael ODaniel

United States

#6 Jan 25, 2008
Let's get our facts correct, please. Oscar Robertson was a 3-time player of the year at Cincinnati. He was the first player to achieve that. Michael O'Daniel, Oscar Robertson Media Ventures, www.thebigo.com .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cincinnati Bearcats NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cincinnati Greets East Carolina on Tuesday at 7... (Jan '15) Jan '15 badbob 1
News Emerald Coast Classic 2014: Teams, Schedule, Li... (Nov '14) Nov '14 badbob 1
News NCAA allows Ball St transfer to play immediately (Jun '14) Jun '14 Robert Batman 1
News Inability To Finish Ends Bearcats Season (Mar '14) Mar '14 Cary blog 2
News Harvard Loss No Cause For A Referendum On Mick ... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Mark Lewis 1
News Doc: Kilpatrick's progress is off the court (Feb '14) Feb '14 bearcats4 1
News College teams to sport sleeves, camo (Mar '13) Mar '13 NorCal Native 7
More from around the web