Extreme takeover

As Division I matchups go, it would be hard to find many more extreme than Illinois vs. Full Story
Selfish Bill

United States

#2 Dec 11, 2008
Jackson St. Kent St. Emporia St. New Mexico St. Coppin St. Wow that's an equally impressive schedule for the gayhawks. When did Kent, Jackson, Emporia and Coppin become part of the United States? Your glass house needs a windexin' Bill... so slow your roll on the non-conference schedules.
Luke

Lockport, IL

#3 Dec 11, 2008
You know, Illinois State is 8-0.m Just throwing that out there. Only undefeated team in the state. One of 16 undefeateds left in Div 1. You know, all this Illini loving is great, but they have been beaten.
Peter E

San Antonio, TX

#4 Dec 11, 2008
Illini should have won by 50 but they couldn't maintain intensity or take Chicago State seriously. That will lead to losses against good teams unless they can maintain focus the whole game.
Peter E

San Antonio, TX

#5 Dec 11, 2008
Illinois State is 8-0 . . that is great not awesome. If they or Northwestern or dePaul or anyone else in the state played the Illini, they would lose. The Illini are not awesome just good and getting better. They should be 9-0 except for that mental and intensity letdown late in the game against Clemson. They will lose more games against better talented teams that are also playing better that night.
Illinifan

Northbrook, IL

#8 Dec 11, 2008
Bill Self wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they're bad, and getting worse.
Weber has destroyed the program. He must be shot.
good to see you back, coach, I guess.

I'm reserving judgment until Big Ten season starts and Alex Legion is broken in.
Luke

Lockport, IL

#9 Dec 11, 2008
June 4th 2008: ISU coach, Tim Jankovich calls Bruce Weber and speaks about a home and home intra-state series. Weber refuses. Jancovich offers 2 for 1 vs the Illini. Weber refuses. Weber does offer 2 games at Urbana, 1 at neutral site (I assume the U.C.). Jankovich refuses.

The birds would play the Illini if they would play once in Normal, but they refuse. Remember that the 2 best guards in the state play for Illinois State. Illinois vs Illinois State, it's a toss up.
Mr Peabody

Tallahassee, FL

#10 Dec 12, 2008
Bill Self wrote:
<quoted text>

Weber has destroyed the program. He must be shot.
Really.
Would you like to shoot the assistant coaches, too? How about Weber's wife and children?
Not funny. Or clever.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago State Cougars NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UH roars past Chicago State - Hawaii Sports (Dec '09) Dec '09 alice 1
Chicago State Videos/dvds (May '09) May '09 ilovethisgame1 1
CSU's Holston back for more (Nov '08) Apr '09 chicago sporting 4
Ryan Toolson scores 63 points and Utah Valley S... (Jan '09) Jan '09 chicago sporting 1
THE STAR: Chicago State's David Holston (Jan '09) Jan '09 chicago sporting 2
3 NBA Prospects End Epic Battle in Chicago (Jan '09) Jan '09 chicago sporting 1
UCF's Taylor in for showdown with Chicago State... (Dec '08) Dec '08 Old Fan 2
More from around the web