Brian Dux's recovery progressing

Full story: WIVB Buffalo 18
Brian Dux made plenty of baskets and plenty of friends in his basketball days at Orchard Park High School, at Canisius College and in England in the British Basketball League where he was most valuable player ... Full Story
Bart Wellington

Orchard Park, NY

#1 Apr 1, 2008
Only Dux could be in the position he is in, and yet persevere through it without skipping a beat. His sense of humor, knowledge of his surroundings, and will to get better is Brian Dux in a nutshell. God bless kid - we love you.

Wellington Family - OP
newsnewt

Buffalo, NY

#2 Apr 2, 2008
What a terrific story on Brian Dux. We wish him only the best on his road to recovery.
Martin Rose

Farnborough, UK

#3 Apr 2, 2008
Bri's parents came to stay with my family in England when they flew over. I've never met such strong and loving people in all my life. We miss Bri so much in Guildford and will continue to love and support him.
Best wishes from across the pond.
Bacinardi

Boston, MA

#4 Apr 2, 2008
Brian is one of the nicest most genuine people I know. His talent never went to his head, and his determination and heart will get him through this.
Kara and Kevin Husband

Brooklyn, NY

#5 Apr 2, 2008
My heart goes out to Brian and his family. He was an amazing athlete and man. I went to his last benefit and will also be attending the next. I only hope that others will also reach out as much as possible. This is what I believe Buffalo is all about. Friendships, love, and support.
mary jo witherell

Fort Worth, TX

#6 Apr 2, 2008
Yeah Brian
we are all so proud of you. Our prayers continue for you and your family. YOU WILL BE WALKING SOONER THAN LATER! You are a hero and an inspiration to so many.
Brian, Mark, Lynda, and Aaron - Keep believing in miracles!
Hopeful

Versailles, NY

#7 Apr 2, 2008
Good luck to Brian Dux. We wish him strength to pull through this rough road.
Al Mowatt - Guildford

Sheffield, UK

#8 Apr 2, 2008
I was fortunate enough to have met Brian whilst briefly working as the physiotherapist with the Heat. Brian, I know how bad your injury was and to see your progress on video is both fantastic and amazing. You are both a great athlete and an inspiration to so many whilst being a genuine "top bloke". Best wishes with your continued recovery & fundraising from all that know you in the UK.
William

Buffalo, NY

#9 Apr 2, 2008
I urge EVERYONE to support him. Attend the fundraisers, or send some cash.

He's helped lots of kids at the Boys & Girls Club, now he needs OUR help.
Dave - Canisius 90

Buffalo, NY

#10 Apr 2, 2008
Best wishes Brian and your family. You have always made the Cage Club proud!
The Hooper Family

Wolverhampton, UK

#11 Apr 3, 2008
It was great to watch your interview, Brian, and to see how well you're doing. We have supported The Heat for just over 2 years - it was my husband and son that went to the first game and all we heard that week was "Dux this, Dux that", so the next week we all went - and so we were hooked! We miss you over here, but are heartened to hear of your progress and resolve to get well. You are in our thoughts and prayers every day.
Darryl

UK

#12 Apr 3, 2008
Brian I have followed your journey and truly I am astounded by your determination on the court and off the court with now the biggest challenge of your life...Will always remember your one handed shot with amazing acuracy for Guildford Heat,hopefully in time you may grace us with your skills again....all the best with your future..
The Lewis Family

Sheffield, UK

#13 Apr 3, 2008
It's so good to see how well you are doing. We really miss you over here in Guildford. You and your family are constantly in our thoughts and prayers.
Charli G

UK

#14 Apr 4, 2008
I wish you a speedy recovery we really miss you every single game get well soon

love charli G xxx
Jim Henneberg

Buffalo, NY

#15 Apr 4, 2008
I have watched Brian at every level of competition and no matter how much he achieved on the court, he's an even better person off the court. As you face the biggest contest yet, you have already proved to all of your friends that ou truly are a winner.
David and Lisa Statham

Oxford, UK

#16 Apr 5, 2008
Great to see Brian doing so well on the vidio. We are both wheelchair users and season ticket holder for the Guildford Heat. without fail Brian would come and say 'Hi' and shake our hands every home game when he saw us sitting by the edge of the court. Brian is a truly great person and a great Basketball player. Make the swiftest & most complete recovery and maybe we will see Brian court side in Guildford again some day soon.
Dave & Lisa Statham, Wokingm, UK
Sam Wareham

Guildford, UK

#17 Apr 6, 2008
We all really miss Brian in Guildford. After every game Brian would show up in the bar and make sure he said Hi to everyone who had been to the game - he appreciated the fans and boy did they appreciate him! He was after all the MVP for the season and the best guard in the league. Being typically English and very 'reserved' it's not often I heap praise on anyone, but Brian deserves it. He's a truly great guy and it's fantastic to see he's recovering so well.
Nickie Tombs Plymouth UK

Plymouth, UK

#18 Apr 8, 2008
Hi Brian - it was great to see the video of how you are doing. I keep in touch with Divya and proudly wear my Brian Dux t-shirt to all BBL away games.
Take care and keep working hard.
PS Don't forget you still owe me a coffee from your last trip to Plymouth :-)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canisius Golden Griffins Women's Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Canisius offers up Lake Howell's Brett Chance (Apr '08) Apr '08 Brett Chance 1
Jaspers' day starts well, but quickly turns bad (Jan '07) Jan '07 Ed Feeley 1
More from around the web