Long-shot Matadors get star treatment

Full story: LA Daily News 9
Cal State Northridge's basketball team boarded a MD-80 chartered jet from Burbank to Kansas City for the NCAATournament. Full Story
Goodbye Walton

El Segundo, CA

#1 Mar 19, 2009
Good luck guys! I'm so proud of you guys!!!
Sports Fan

Alhambra, CA

#2 Mar 19, 2009
Congratulations to the Cal State Northridge Matadors and coach Bobby Braswell for making it to the "big dance"!!! Good luck to all!!!
ADChamp

Buena Park, CA

#3 Mar 19, 2009
They're focused...the team is on track...and despite the rollercoaster that have experienced...there holding it down like champs...matadors!!!!oohhleee! !!!!
matador fan

San Diego, CA

#4 Mar 19, 2009
That was the most exiting 15 vs 2 seed I have seen WELL DONE MATADORS!!!
Don Le

Lahaina, HI

#5 Mar 19, 2009
Tyreke Evans -- he acted and played like a freshman. Well, his family almost missed out on a one and done. Good luck the rest of the way Memphis.
walid samadzai

United States

#6 Mar 20, 2009
Tyreke hopefully learned a lesson from this. hats off to sallie on a great game. if sallie was just a little like himself (avg 4.5/gm) CSUN would have shocked the world. csun is still the winner in my eyes and i am proud to be a matador.

GO DORS!!!

Since: Mar 09

Simi Valley

#7 Mar 21, 2009
Congratulations on a spectacular game Matadors! The Coaches, Team, Cheerleaders, & Band did an exemplary job of representing CSUN in the national spotlight, just as they do all season minus the media attention.

THANK YOU Matadors for bringing us such an exiting season.

Thank you Josh for your hard work & amazing talent. We were shocked & saddened to hear of your accident. You are sorely missed and we wish you a speedy recovery.

Best wishes to the seniors you will be missed, we will see the rest of you in the fall!

Matadorfan82 & Matfans as a whole (I'm sure they don't mind me speaking fr them)

TigerfaninMemphi s

Memphis, TN

#8 Mar 22, 2009
I'd like to congratulate the Matador players, coaches and fans on an INCREDIBLE performance in the game Thursday. I was at the game with my wife (we are huge Tiger fans and travel with them as much as we can) and we were amazed by the show of support before, during and after the game. As we were waiting for the Northridge pep rally to finish before the game, Tiger fans were impressed by the fanbase and the chearleaders/band. It was a small showing in comparison to ours--naturally, with us being so much closer to KC--but with no less confidence and pride. It showed on the floor as well. The Matadors have nothing to hang their heads about, they are true champions and deserved to be in the dance. They should have gotten a better seed than 15, the record was very misleading. That conference must be pretty tough for you to have a 17-13 record overall. You guys gave us alot better fight than Maryland, LOL. As a matter of fact, you guys played us better than most RANKED teams do. Anyway, good luck in the future and hang your head high, you were one of the best teams in college basketball in 2009.

Since: Mar 09

Simi Valley

#9 Mar 23, 2009
Thank you TigerfaninMemphis. We will be rooting for you in Glendale and expect to see win 28 as you tame the Mizzou Tigers on your way to the Elite Eight. See you next March.
TigerfaninMemphis wrote:
I'd like to congratulate the Matador players, coaches and fans on an INCREDIBLE performance in the game Thursday. I was at the game with my wife (we are huge Tiger fans and travel with them as much as we can) and we were amazed by the show of support before, during and after the game. As we were waiting for the Northridge pep rally to finish before the game, Tiger fans were impressed by the fanbase and the chearleaders/band. It was a small showing in comparison to ours--naturally, with us being so much closer to KC--but with no less confidence and pride. It showed on the floor as well. The Matadors have nothing to hang their heads about, they are true champions and deserved to be in the dance. They should have gotten a better seed than 15, the record was very misleading. That conference must be pretty tough for you to have a 17-13 record overall. You guys gave us alot better fight than Maryland, LOL. As a matter of fact, you guys played us better than most RANKED teams do. Anyway, good luck in the future and hang your head high, you were one of the best teams in college basketball in 2009.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

California State University, Northridge NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA beats CS Northridge 8350 in season opener (Nov '10) Nov '10 Mario in pico 2
CSUN gets physical in home opener (Dec '09) Dec '09 jalakers08 3
Daniels leads CSUN men to first victory of season (Nov '09) Nov '09 Matadors Fan 1
CSUN basketball coaches hope to have right ingr... (Oct '09) Oct '09 Proud CSUN Alumni 1
SHELBURNE: CSUN men's basketball team trying to... (Mar '09) Jul '09 Aggravated CSUN A... 7
PAINTER: CSUN grabs Tigers by tail (Mar '09) Mar '09 Alonso 1
After son's arrest, CSUN coach Braswell focuses... (Mar '09) Mar '09 Matadorsfan82 1
More from around the web