Bulldogs nab league title

The Horizon League is coming to Hinkle Fieldhouse, the site of so many great moments in tournament basketball. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Crystal Clear

Indianapolis, IN

#43 Feb 29, 2008
IUGrad1976 wrote:
You bulldog fans are funny. You've got a cute little campus, and a cute little team that's good once every hundred years, yet you act like people actually care about you. Two million people in the greater Indy area, yet you can't even sell out your high school quality gymnasium. All of you know that if Butler were int he Big Ten, they'd be 4-10 tight now. You're cute, but get real.
While everyone is entitled to an opinion, albeit misguided, what can't be refuted is the extreme success that Butler has over the last decade. Your statement that Butler is "good once every hundred years" is factually inaccurate. Please do your homework and come up with facts to support such moronic statements as this. I think that if you apply yourself to researching the topic, you'll discover the errors in your claim. At the very least, enlighten us all as to Butler's overall record since 1998.
Getting Out Coached

Indianapolis, IN

#45 Feb 29, 2008
LVille Duh wrote:
To getting out coached... Is that the best you've got? Frankly I expected more from a Butler person. Perhaps your academic skills are overrated? You assume the first three letters of the word assume are ASS I live in a frat house. WRONG! I live in a very large home in Carmel and I am an 82 college graduate of Butler and 87 graduate of IU. Don't assume it makes you appear as an ass, addle and well just goofball.
Many people/residents throughout Indiana have attended and graduated BOTH BUTLER, INDIANA AND PURDUE. What kind of fantasy world are you living?
Please do not attempt to argue with me as you will lose every time.
<quoted text>
No, I would never lose and arguement to anyone like yourself. I make a living off of arrogant carmelites like you. I buy the companies you and your failing friends do not know how to run. Go Dawgs!!! And as for you just go away.
Getting Out Coached

Indianapolis, IN

#46 Feb 29, 2008
IU Hoosiers Forever wrote:
To IUGrad1976. Wow 1976 is the year you graduated IU very cool! This was the year IU went 32 and 0. I would love to see Butler or any other team top that one. Clearly Memphis could not do it! Not surprised. No other division one basketball team since 1976 has gone 32 and 0.
You are absolutely correct in that Hinkle Field House is basically a large high school facility. Clearly if Butler were in the big ten their record would definitely not be 23 and 3.
In order for Butler to gain admittance to the big ten their football team (if one can call it a football team) would be required to win a game once in awhile. The Butler football field is very, very sad. There is no place for the opposing fans to sit. All of the bleachers are on one side of the field. The Butler football field and it is just that a field isn't constructed well enough to be called a stadium or bowl.
Come on the Horizon League not even smart enough to refer to themselves as as a conference. I mean bowling is a league.
I totally agree with your post. I am amazed when a Butler person reads a reply from an IU person, often and clearly they miss the point and cannot address the issues. I have noticed they do a plethora of assuming. Everyone knows it is not smart to ASSume. I thought Butler was suppose to be academically superior. Clearly, they do not compare with Harvard or Yale.
<quoted text>
Hoosier fans rear there stupid heads again. We changed to the Horizon LEAGUE to show the emphasis on Academics not Athletics like a conference does. Go AWAY and post on your on articles.
Mightywarf

San Francisco, CA

#47 Feb 29, 2008
Good to see the Dawgs get the tourney at Hinkle, but the offense needs one extra pass. Seems like we get to forcing things offensively a little versus last year.

Agree with the comments that it does well for the Horizon to have multiple good teams. I think the league overall is rising in status. Only problem is the bigger conferences seem to always want our coaches.
BIG TEN AND HORIZON BLOW

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#48 Feb 29, 2008
Indy Kids wrote:
To PDX Butler.. Although I am quite pleased that Butler won their regular conference. I seriously doubt they would defeat the IU Hoosiers. The Big Ten is a tougher conference. We receive more media attention simply because several teams within the Big Ten have won the NCAA tournament such as Indiana, a five time winner, Michigan State a two time winner, Ohio State a three time winner. Granted earlier in the season Butler defeated Michigan and Ohio State. Realistically, this year those teams are the bottom feeders of the Big Ten Conference. Talk to me when you defeat, the top three... Wisconsin, Indiana and Purdue. As this year it would not occur. As for any IU grad getting into Butler, think (frontal lobe), My sister graduated IU Bachelors and then graduated Butler Masters. So your comment is incorrect, inaccurate and false. However, thank you for sharing.
<quoted text>
The big ten and Horizon are pathetic but the Horizon is even more pathetic. I am not a Butler hater but I give no respect to a team who is 26-3 and has beaten NO ONE. Out of conference schedule was pathetic, horizon is a joke and Drake who just beat Butler gets beat by a team from Missouri. Until Butler beats somone in tourney they are a medicore team at beat. Same with IU- they have 1 decent win vs Purdue. The big ten is down, way down. Does a 26-3 Butler or 24-4 IU team beat a Louisville or UCONN team right now who have more losses but alot better wins and tougher schedule- NO. Beat some big boys in March then you will get some respect.

MY FINAL FOUR
TEXAS
UCLA
LOUISVILLE
UCONN

MY ELITE 8
TX
UCLA
LOUISVILLE
UCONN
MEMPHIS
UNC
KANSAS
GT

BUTLER, IU AND THE REST OF INDY DONE BY ROUND 2
BIG TEN AND HORIZON BLOW

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#49 Feb 29, 2008
Go Away wrote:
<quoted text>Butler would finish 4th at worst in this years Big Ten. Don't flatter yourselves with big time status. For a so called power conference where is the Big Ten's legitimate Elite 8 teams lets not even talk about Final Four?
Butler is overrated but the BIG Ten is a joke and way down. Butler would finish no lower then 5th.

“Play more golf!!!”

Since: Nov 07

West Lafayette, IN

#50 Feb 29, 2008
Hoosier Pride wrote:
To Boiler2: Yet another reminder.. You couldn't get the job done against the IU Hoosiers who DEFEATED PURDUE by NINE points!!! You need continual and constant reminding of this FACT. I doubt that you could beat Butler.
BTW: Butler defeated Purdue last year. So don't boast unless you can absolutely prove that Butler would lose to Purdue. It makes you appear addle and stupid.
<quoted text>
Boiler2 was commenting on the stupid comments from IU fans. He was being very supportive of Butler. Since Butler also defeated IU last year, I would suggest that you listen to your own comments. I think a Purdue-Butler or Butler-IU game this year would be a good hard fought game. If IU ever decides to play games outside of Bloomington, you might find it difficult to win against any good competition. Who have you defeated outside of B'ton this year?
Boiler02

San Francisco, CA

#51 Feb 29, 2008
Hoosier Pride wrote:
To Boiler2: Yet another reminder.. You couldn't get the job done against the IU Hoosiers who DEFEATED PURDUE by NINE points!!! You need continual and constant reminding of this FACT. I doubt that you could beat Butler.
BTW: Butler defeated Purdue last year. So don't boast unless you can absolutely prove that Butler would lose to Purdue. It makes you appear addle and stupid.
<quoted text>
Remind me again where I was boasting. I simply made a comment about how some of the less than intelligent IU fans (not unlike yourself) need to stop embarrassing the majority of hoosier fans... then I went on to say that Butler had a good yr and I wish them the best in the tourney unless they play Purdue. Then you decided to get all hopped up on meth and spew a bunch of anger...thanks for playing along smart guy.
Mightywarf

San Francisco, CA

#52 Feb 29, 2008
BIG TEN AND HORIZON BLOW wrote:
<quoted text>
The big ten and Horizon are pathetic but the Horizon is even more pathetic. I am not a Butler hater but I give no respect to a team who is 26-3 and has beaten NO ONE. Out of conference schedule was pathetic, horizon is a joke and Drake who just beat Butler gets beat by a team from Missouri. Until Butler beats somone in tourney they are a medicore team at beat. Same with IU- they have 1 decent win vs Purdue. The big ten is down, way down. Does a 26-3 Butler or 24-4 IU team beat a Louisville or UCONN team right now who have more losses but alot better wins and tougher schedule- NO. Beat some big boys in March then you will get some respect.
MY FINAL FOUR
TEXAS
UCLA
LOUISVILLE
UCONN
MY ELITE 8
TX
UCLA
LOUISVILLE
UCONN
MEMPHIS
UNC
KANSAS
GT
Warren MI??? You sure you don't want to put Appalachian St. in the Final Four
The Dawgs are Dancin

United States

#53 Feb 29, 2008
Lets Go Hoosiers wrote:
Butler sucks. There a small little school, with Div II talent. There fans are thw worst.
If your definition of "sucks" means playing like a true collegiate team, passing the ball, knocking down shots, blocking out, rebounding, playing defense and winning more games over the past 2 years than almost any school in the country then BUTLER has the market cornered on "suckage".
If you would rather play NBA ball in college, then by all means look at some other teams (that I won't mention specifically) within our State and a few teams I can think of just south of here on I-65. College ball should be played in College and if you want to play that other stuff, then watch the NBA.
The Dawgs are Dancin

United States

#54 Feb 29, 2008
BIG TEN AND HORIZON BLOW wrote:
<quoted text>
MY FINAL FOUR
TEXAS
UCLA
LOUISVILLE
UCONN
MY ELITE 8
TX
UCLA
LOUISVILLE
UCONN
MEMPHIS
UNC
KANSAS
GT
Warren, MI...way to go out there on a limb Big Guy on your Final 4 and Elite 8. Nicely done. Did you copy that list straight from the RPI ranking or did some real thought go into it. Real insight there Big Guy. I bet you also had the Pats winning the Super Bowl this year. Drake's loss to Missouri just shows how difficult it is to win games in conference even if that Conference isn't the Big 10, ACC, SEC, Big East, etc. It doesn't take anything away from Drake. Drake scored 18 pts in the final 4 minutes of that game. Drake reminds me of Butler last year because Drake has been amazing all year long and then had some tough losses at the end of the season. Just like everyone was saying Butler was done last year, people are saying Drake is done this year. Drake has heart and they are a great team (or have the potential to be a great team). Drake can beat some big boys. Butler can as well. As far as beating the Big Boys let's start with Butler wins in recent NCAA history: LOUISVILLE, MARYLAND AND MISSISSIPPI STATE. You don't have to knock Butler for who they have to play. They try to play top talent outside of the Horizon in pre-conference play. I also won't call beating Texas Tech, Florida State, Virginia Tech and Ohio State THIS year "NO ONE". Butler could EASILY beat UCONN and LOUISVILLE. They could also EASILY lose to either of these two very talented teams as well. They likely won't get the opportunity to meet. Butler has a solid starting 5 including one of the best back courts in the country and 5 guys who can contribute off the bench. Just because they aren't in a BIG BOY conference doesn't mean they aren't a BIG BOY team. Nuff said.
Ryan Cook

Marysville, OH

#55 Feb 29, 2008
Most comments on this forum are inane, but that was witty and apropos!
Mightywarf wrote:
<quoted text>
Warren MI??? You sure you don't want to put Appalachian St. in the Final Four
Peter

Amlin, OH

#56 Mar 1, 2008
Getting out coached wrote:
<quoted text>Go back to class kid. We need these other quality programs in our league. Give them their just due while we raise our trophy. I would love to see us become a two or three bid league down the road. GO Horizon League! GO Dawgs!!!
Anybody out there for Butler joining The Valley and IUPUI filling the 'Dawgs spot in the Horizon?
GOOD ONE

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#57 Mar 1, 2008
The Dawgs are Dancin wrote:
<quoted text>
Warren, MI...way to go out there on a limb Big Guy on your Final 4 and Elite 8. Nicely done. Did you copy that list straight from the RPI ranking or did some real thought go into it. Real insight there Big Guy. I bet you also had the Pats winning the Super Bowl this year. Drake's loss to Missouri just shows how difficult it is to win games in conference even if that Conference isn't the Big 10, ACC, SEC, Big East, etc. It doesn't take anything away from Drake. Drake scored 18 pts in the final 4 minutes of that game. Drake reminds me of Butler last year because Drake has been amazing all year long and then had some tough losses at the end of the season. Just like everyone was saying Butler was done last year, people are saying Drake is done this year. Drake has heart and they are a great team (or have the potential to be a great team). Drake can beat some big boys. Butler can as well. As far as beating the Big Boys let's start with Butler wins in recent NCAA history: LOUISVILLE, MARYLAND AND MISSISSIPPI STATE. You don't have to knock Butler for who they have to play. They try to play top talent outside of the Horizon in pre-conference play. I also won't call beating Texas Tech, Florida State, Virginia Tech and Ohio State THIS year "NO ONE". Butler could EASILY beat UCONN and LOUISVILLE. They could also EASILY lose to either of these two very talented teams as well. They likely won't get the opportunity to meet. Butler has a solid starting 5 including one of the best back courts in the country and 5 guys who can contribute off the bench. Just because they aren't in a BIG BOY conference doesn't mean they aren't a BIG BOY team. Nuff said.
Dont know of many people picking UCONN and Louisville to make final four. And you say Butler could easily beat UCONN or Louisville ??? To funny. Butler would need by far the best game they have played in years to beat those guys. And sorry to break it to ya but FSU, T-Tech, and V-tech are not good teams. And by them not playing in a top conference leaves alot of questions about how good this team is. That is my main point. You and all the Butler fans wont admit it but also have no idea how good this team is due to that schedule. 1 of the best backcourts in the country ??? To funny again. Memphis, Louisville, TX, UCLA, UNC, USC etc are on another planet compared to Butlers backcourts. NUFF SAID. Now go try and win that TOUGH horizon tourney !!!!
GOOD ONE

Bloomfield Hills, MI

#58 Mar 1, 2008
The Dawgs are Dancin wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohio St is not good either. Incase you forgot their team left for the NBA last year.
dawgpound

Evansville, IN

#59 Mar 1, 2008
Peter wrote:
<quoted text>
Anybody out there for Butler joining The Valley and IUPUI filling the 'Dawgs spot in the Horizon?
could be interesting, but highly unlikely. IUPUI is a good team but they still have a lot to prove.
The Dawgs Are Dancin

United States

#60 Mar 1, 2008
GOOD ONE wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont know of many people picking UCONN and Louisville to make final four. And you say Butler could easily beat UCONN or Louisville ??? To funny. Butler would need by far the best game they have played in years to beat those guys. And sorry to break it to ya but FSU, T-Tech, and V-tech are not good teams. And by them not playing in a top conference leaves alot of questions about how good this team is. That is my main point. You and all the Butler fans wont admit it but also have no idea how good this team is due to that schedule. 1 of the best backcourts in the country ??? To funny again. Memphis, Louisville, TX, UCLA, UNC, USC etc are on another planet compared to Butlers backcourts. NUFF SAID. Now go try and win that TOUGH horizon tourney !!!!
If I had to pick a final 4 LOUISVILLE would be there for sure. They are hot right now. They have a great team, but for such a great team they played sub-par early in the season (sure injuries and other issues).
Yes, I stand by my comments. One of the BEST back courts in the country. NO BRAINER. I am not talking about points scored here...I am talking points scored + rebounds + defense + leadership + assists + over team play. Green and Graves alone make it one of the BEST. I am adding in Betko (for defense) and Campbell (for scoring). I guess based on size half their team is a guard (back court) so there is definitely some bias here.
Warren, MI - I think you have made some good points. I do respect some of your opinions although I don't agree with them. I am just trying to get you to see another side of the coin. I can see your side too. It is possible that Butler is overrated, but I am tired of the media and sporting types saying this. Typically people who do this don't know the team. They look at their line-up and see 2 startes who score less than 5 points and make ASSUMPTIONS. They don't watch the games and say the Horizon is a WEAK conference. I think you have done some of your homework. I am not calling you out; it is just fun to bust your chops. Cheers!:)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Butler University NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Celtics hire Butler's Brad Stevens as coach (Jul '13) Jul '13 Grogan 1
Butler Basketball: How Joining the New Big East... (Jun '13) Jun '13 COACH ORWIN 1
New Castle or Butler Prep? (Jan '08) Dec '12 Robert Bertram 41
UConn in need of heart, leadership (Dec '07) Dec '12 America Gentleman... 6
Berry surprises with commitment to Butler (Oct '11) Oct '11 I hate Terre Haute 1
Butler says junior Shelvin Mack will enter NBA ... (May '11) May '11 Tim from Evanston 1
Butler's calm demeanor leads to last-second wins (Mar '11) Mar '11 TopMod9 2
•••
•••

Butler University NCAA People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••