Some Misdirection Before Brown's Runaway

Some Misdirection Before Brown's Runaway

There are 14 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Jan 4, 2009, titled Some Misdirection Before Brown's Runaway. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

This was after Donald Brown had shredded Buffalo for 261 yards, after our Desmond Conner broke the news of his departure on the Web and before Brown had a chance to say a word publicly.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

Dan

West Hartford, CT

#1 Jan 4, 2009
I wish Donald Brown the best. Beleive it or not, his leaving early may be the best thing for UConn in the long run. The more people UConn put's in the NFL, especially as high draft picks, the better the recruiting is going to be. Donald Brown is a class act, and as far as his "lying" goes, who cares?
Jim

Valley Stream, NY

#2 Jan 4, 2009
Best of wishes to the lead dog! You deserve the best. You will be missed, but we will have future Sundays to see you pull a NFL's team sled. A honor, you are so deserving of! Good luck #34!
Tom Collins

Windsor, CT

#3 Jan 4, 2009
Thanks and Best of Luck to you in all your future endeavors, Donald!
alan

Elizabeth, NJ

#4 Jan 4, 2009
there are not hours in the day for this UConn alumni to care on whit what happens to anyone on the UConn football team. There are endless sports columns dedicated to their line, backfield, special teams, etc but nobody i know has read a word of them. All the revenue teams now(Bball men/women)football are just out of state hessians who happen to wear Conn on their jerseys. It was not always that way and i believe it was more interesting to hope to make the NCAA with Conn players than the way it is now
pala teen

Billerica, MA

#5 Jan 4, 2009
Why is lying such a big part of UConn football?
Nick

West Haven, CT

#6 Jan 4, 2009
Thanks for a great career at UConn, DB! Best of luck in the NFL!
Observer

Holyoke, MA

#7 Jan 4, 2009
Pala teen ought to get a life.
The kid did what he thought was best for his team.
He didn't cover up something that would hurt him, he didn't look into a camera and wag his finger and say I didn't have sex with that woman, Ms Lewinski, and he didn't do anything illegal that would enrich him.
He just deflected the media interest in whether or not he was planning to leave early for the draft.
GENE Sumerfield Fl

Winter Springs, FL

#8 Jan 4, 2009
Best of luck to Don Brown and thanks for the memories. Maybe his leaving will lead Uconn to develop a more balanced attack
TheTruth

Marco Island, FL

#9 Jan 4, 2009
alan wrote:
there are not hours in the day for this UConn alumni to care on whit what happens to anyone on the UConn football team. There are endless sports columns dedicated to their line, backfield, special teams, etc but nobody i know has read a word of them. All the revenue teams now(Bball men/women)football are just out of state hessians who happen to wear Conn on their jerseys. It was not always that way and i believe it was more interesting to hope to make the NCAA with Conn players than the way it is now
You're a loser low-life jealous fool who lives an insignificant life. Stop being jealous of the success this program has enjoyed in such a short period of time and get a life you jealous loser!
Hal Eis

Morristown, NJ

#10 Jan 4, 2009
Alan of Milford.
I could respond to your silly comment by stringing together numerous derogatory observations about your motivations, intelligence, personality, morality, whatever. But in fact I don't know you so why assume that I could accurately describe you?
I could question your honesty by asking why someone who couldn't care a whit about UConn football was reading this article and bothered to respond? But I won't.
What I will do is ask you to come out from behind your shield of anonymity by demonstrating your courage and integrity by telling us who you are, as I have done, that is what is your name brave Alan of Milford?
alan

Elizabeth, NJ

#11 Jan 4, 2009
I am a UConn grad who follows Connecticut sports. I am always thrilled to find out about a Connecticut player playing basketball(boys or girls) at a Div I school. I dont follow football/baseball as I have 2 daughters and have lost interest. However, no Connecticut players play at Conn so I have no interest. I would rather read about UHart, Sacred Heart, Yale and other schools where Conn. players actually contribute than some imported players who happen to wear Conn. on their shirts. I feel that UConn sports are shoved down the throat of everyone in Conn at the expense of other worthy schools
Chris

Quincy, MA

#12 Jan 5, 2009
I hate to see Donald Brown go but if there's one player that deserves the riches of pro ball it's him. He's a great talent but more importantly a first class guy that represented UConn so well. He has set the standard for UConn football in so many ways and I hope current and future players follow his lead. Good luck Donald!!
UCONN 88

East Hartford, CT

#13 Jan 5, 2009
alan wrote:
Obviously not an English major - did you actually graduate?
UCONN 88

East Hartford, CT

#14 Jan 5, 2009
alan wrote:
I am a UConn grad who follows Connecticut sports. I am always thrilled to find out about a Connecticut player playing basketball(boys or girls) at a Div I school. I dont follow football/baseball as I have 2 daughters and have lost interest. However, no Connecticut players play at Conn so I have no interest. I would rather read about UHart, Sacred Heart, Yale and other schools where Conn. players actually contribute than some imported players who happen to wear Conn. on their shirts. I feel that UConn sports are shoved down the throat of everyone in Conn at the expense of other worthy schools
And if you really followed Connecticut sports, you would have seen Dahna Deleston, from East Hartford, CONNECTICUT, score with a 100 yard interception return on Saturday.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University at Buffalo NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Worst ever? Pathetic Dolphins lose number 13 (Dec '07) Feb '17 Football Phart 28
News Raiders' Khalil Mack adding weight, next is sac... (Jun '15) Jun '15 tom wingo 2
News Run the Ball; Make Army Throw (Sep '14) Sep '14 saboflange 1
News Thompson: Oakland Raiders' first-round draft pi... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Reggie McWTF 4
News 2015 Buffalo Football Recruiting: Lineman Alex ... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Jeff Auglaze 2
News Does It Even Matter? (Apr '14) May '14 Reggie McWTF 11
News Munch Madness - Pano's vs Dick & Jenny's (Apr '14) Apr '14 Mike flounders 1
More from around the web