Pat McManamon: 3 quick thoughts on Br...

Pat McManamon: 3 quick thoughts on Browns schedule

There are 19 comments on the Akron Beacon Journal story from Apr 15, 2008, titled Pat McManamon: 3 quick thoughts on Browns schedule. In it, Akron Beacon Journal reports that:

Three quick thoughts on the Browns schedule: 1) Grand opening - The first two games are doozies .

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Akron Beacon Journal.

brickyak

Akron, OH

#1 Apr 15, 2008
Here we go Brownies here we go!!! WOOF WOOF!!! It is about time we have our team back!!! It is nice to be respected by the league again. the city and organization have been crapped on by Modell and the NFL since they left. Hopefully it is ALL in the past!!
Browns Fan

Akron, OH

#2 Apr 15, 2008
gone are the days of whining that we get no love from national writers...now it's time to prove it, baby.........let's go!!!!!!!!!!

Since: Dec 07

Akron, OH

#3 Apr 15, 2008
Looks like the ol' clowns HAVE A 6-10 season AT BEST coming up.
oeu

Akron, OH

#4 Apr 15, 2008
Move the team to Baltimore. errrrr wait. Move em to Wyoming. They need a team.
anonymous

AOL

#5 Apr 15, 2008
Aren't there any articles on the Steelers' schedule? Maybe Steeler fans could post there instead.

Win or lose I am excited about the Browns' chances to look good this year. Like the schedule but recognize that it is going to be a tough row to hoe.

Since: Mar 08

Ford City

#6 Apr 15, 2008
Browns better live up to all the hype or the whole nation will be laughing,I cant wait for week two! Other than the match ups against the steelers,I hope they do well.
Padgin

Hudson, OH

#7 Apr 15, 2008
Oh man, this is great. the browns get to collapse with a national audience! love it.
SmarterThanYou

Loudonville, OH

#8 Apr 15, 2008
Collapse with a national audience? Wow bold statement. we shall see......we shall see. your'e probally the same kind of guy who thought Ohio state had bad seasons the last two years. give it up man. try to say something positive, this article is about a Cleveland team getting national exposure, 5 games, three Monday night games, nice to see some respect from the NFL. Remember what your momma said, if you don't have anything nice to say.......you know the rest.
wolf

Warren, OH

#9 Apr 15, 2008
its funny the people who are doggin' the Browns
now..are BAND WAGON FANS..
Real Browns Fans have been here through it all
GOOD an BAD..
SmarterThanYou

Loudonville, OH

#11 Apr 15, 2008
3 Quick thoughts on the Browns:

1. DA plays like 2007

2. Defense plays like 2002

3. jamal Lewis plays like 2003

These three simple things can make the Browns Super Bowl Champs

Since: Feb 08

United States

#12 Apr 15, 2008
SmarterThanYou wrote:
3 Quick thoughts on the Browns:
1. DA plays like 2007
2. Defense plays like 2002
3. jamal Lewis plays like 2003
These three simple things can make the Browns Super Bowl Champs
Forgot one liiiiiiitle extra on that list- BEAT THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS in week 2.
fred

Hialeah, FL

#13 Apr 15, 2008
Padgin wrote:
Oh man, this is great. the browns get to collapse with a national audience! love it.
Padgin, Move to Pittsburgh! Go Browns!
Casey in AK

Canton, OH

#14 Apr 16, 2008
Looking at the teams they play, I really don't think it is unrealistic for the Brownies to finish with an 11-6 record. That's they sweep the Bungles and Ratbirds, and split with the Squeelers... Houston, Tenessee, Denver, Washington and Philly are all very very winable games.
It all depends on how the defence plays... can they hold the leads that the offence will get them?
Jopa-n

Mountain Top, PA

#15 Apr 16, 2008
Casey in AK wrote:
Looking at the teams they play, I really don't think it is unrealistic for the Brownies to finish with an 11-6 record. That's they sweep the Bungles and Ratbirds, and split with the Squeelers... Houston, Tenessee, Denver, Washington and Philly are all very very winable games.
It all depends on how the defence plays... can they hold the leads that the offence will get them?
When you say 11-6, do you mean 1 and done on the playoffs to be 11-6= 17 games.

Since: Dec 07

United States

#16 Apr 16, 2008
NOOOOO! The brown's schedule is too tough. They'll probably only win 2 games. Everyone knows that all teams in the NFL are as good as they were last year. Nobody gets better, nobody gets worse. If you don't believe me, check out ESPN's power rankings to begin last year. They had the browns in the top ten... right?
Old Man Grump April 16

Akron, OH

#17 Apr 16, 2008
Browns will open 0-2 because they couldn't beat the Cowboys or the STEELERS on their best day. It will be a long season for the Clowns. At best I would say they will be 5-11, though Sports Illustrated has them at 8-8 with the STEELERS at 11-5 winning the division. I believe in the STEELERS.

GO STEELERS !!!
Chad

United States

#18 Apr 16, 2008
Old Man Grump April 16 wrote:
Browns will open 0-2 because they couldn't beat the Cowboys or the STEELERS on their best day. It will be a long season for the Clowns. At best I would say they will be 5-11, though Sports Illustrated has them at 8-8 with the STEELERS at 11-5 winning the division. I believe in the STEELERS.
GO STEELERS !!!
You are an idiot. I believe in you being an idiot every day you post on here.
cane666

Upper Sandusky, OH

#19 Apr 16, 2008
Man it's april and the basing and hipe has already started no matter what happens this year it's great to
feel like the old days when you almost and sometimes did get into fights over football!!!!!!!
p.s. It's time for the world to see what all real browns fan's already know,were going to be good and were going to be good for a long time(get job phil)

Since: Feb 08

Perry Point, MD

#20 Apr 17, 2008
cane666 wrote:
Man it's april and the basing and hipe has already started no matter what happens this year it's great to
feel like the old days when you almost and sometimes did get into fights over football!!!!!!!
p.s. It's time for the world to see what all real browns fan's already know,were going to be good and were going to be good for a long time(get job phil)
An having a playoff game in the 2nd week of sept. dosen't hurt either.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University at Buffalo NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Raiders' Khalil Mack adding weight, next is sac... (Jun '15) Jun '15 tom wingo 2
News Run the Ball; Make Army Throw (Sep '14) Sep '14 saboflange 1
News Thompson: Oakland Raiders' first-round draft pi... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Reggie McWTF 4
News 2015 Buffalo Football Recruiting: Lineman Alex ... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Jeff Auglaze 2
News Does It Even Matter? (Apr '14) May '14 Reggie McWTF 11
News Munch Madness - Pano's vs Dick & Jenny's (Apr '14) Apr '14 Mike flounders 1
News Sports Adam Muema a no show at SDSU Pro Day (Apr '14) Apr '14 Todd 1
More from around the web