Buffalo Runs Free--Almost--At CU Spring Game

Apr 22, 2008 Read more: WLTX Columbia 21
University of Colorado's mascot, "Ralphie the Buffalo", stole the show before last Saturday's football game. Read more
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
JOY

Columbia, SC

#1 Apr 23, 2008
buffolo's are not suppose to be penned...run baby run....
Sumter SC

Laurinburg, NC

#2 Apr 23, 2008
Way to go Ralphie!!!! GO BUFFS!
Trudge

Swansea, SC

#3 Apr 23, 2008
JOY wrote:
buffolo's are not suppose to be penned...run baby run....
Buffalos, not buffolo's, should be hunted and eaten as they are great sources of protein and could feed many hungry families.

“Please don't feed the trolls.”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#4 Apr 23, 2008
Run Ralphie, run!
JOY

Columbia, SC

#5 Apr 23, 2008
Trudge wrote:
<quoted text>
Buffalos, not buffolo's, should be hunted and eaten as they are great sources of protein and could feed many hungry families.
forgive me....1 typo....
run ralphie run.....
Go on

Oakwood, GA

#6 Apr 23, 2008
If you're gonna eat a buffalo, let it be free-range, then! One of the reasons heart-disease is to prevalent in the US today is because our beef comes from cows that are penned up and just get fat all day. There's no lean meat there.
Run, Ralphie, run!
Trudge

Swansea, SC

#7 Apr 23, 2008
JOY wrote:
<quoted text>
forgive me....1 typo....
run ralphie run.....
Actually two, but who's counting?

“Please don't feed the trolls.”

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#8 Apr 23, 2008
Trudge wrote:
<quoted text>
They are endangered, genius. Might want to read once in a while, hmm?
JOY

Columbia, SC

#9 Apr 23, 2008
Trudge wrote:
<quoted text>
***U*** OH SORRY YOU.
Sumter SC

Laurinburg, NC

#10 Apr 23, 2008
The Ralphies have it better than most people. Have you ever seen where they are raised? They have a huge ranch where they live both prior to becoming "Ralphie" and I think when they retire. They are all bred at this ranch. They are treated about as good as UGA. Sure, UGA doesn't "run the field" (or at least I don't think he does) but he does endure extreme heat on the sidelines sometimes. I am sure an arguement could be made to free all animal mascots.

And, there really isn't anything much prettier than seeing "free range" buffalos!
Sumter SC

Laurinburg, NC

#11 Apr 23, 2008
And, I just used UGA as an example as that was one animal mascot that I thought off of the bat.
Trudge

Swansea, SC

#12 Apr 23, 2008
JOY wrote:
<quoted text>***U*** OH SORRY YOU.
I am just yanking your chain.
Trudge

Swansea, SC

#13 Apr 23, 2008
The Real Lori wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, I's reel sory maaam. I tries to kep up but mi mindd dont wurk to gud.

In the 1800's hunting, changes in land use and government policies brought the bison near to extinction. In the early 1800's the bison populationnumbered in the tens of millions. By the end of that century there were fewer than 1,000 left. However, in recent years interest in raising bison has grown among breeders, and today there are about 150,000 in North America. They are no longer endangered.
Trudge

Swansea, SC

#14 Apr 23, 2008
The Real Lori wrote:
<quoted text>
Who feels stupid NOW????
Trudge

Swansea, SC

#15 Apr 23, 2008
The Real Lori wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops,

Look what else I found by READING...

Hunting of wild bison is legal in some states and provinces where public herds require culling to maintain a target population. In Alberta, where one of only two continuously wild herds of bison exist in North America at Wood Buffalo National Park, bison are hunted to protect disease free herds of public (reintroduced) and private herds of bison.

In Montana, a public hunt was re-established in 2005, with 50 permits being issued. The Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks Commission increased the number of tags to 140 for the 2006/2007 season. Advocacy groups claim that it is premature to re-establish the hunt, given the bison's lack of habitat and wildlife status in Montana.
underhay

Lexington, SC

#16 Apr 23, 2008
Trudge wrote:
<quoted text>
i counted three

“possum slayer”

Since: Feb 08

live in the woods

#17 Apr 23, 2008
Trudge wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops,
Look what else I found by READING...
Hunting of wild bison is legal in some states and provinces where public herds require culling to maintain a target population. In Alberta, where one of only two continuously wild herds of bison exist in North America at Wood Buffalo National Park, bison are hunted to protect disease free herds of public (reintroduced) and private herds of bison.
In Montana, a public hunt was re-established in 2005, with 50 permits being issued. The Montana Fish, Wildlife and Parks Commission increased the number of tags to 140 for the 2006/2007 season. Advocacy groups claim that it is premature to re-establish the hunt, given the bison's lack of habitat and wildlife status in Montana.
youre really starting to tick me off dilluting this forum with facts.
is there such a thing as free range panda?
JOY

Columbia, SC

#18 Apr 23, 2008
underhay wrote:
<quoted text>
i counted three
BE NICE.....
Lcat

Northbrook, IL

#19 Apr 23, 2008
Trudge wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, I's reel sory maaam. I tries to kep up but mi mindd dont wurk to gud.
In the 1800's hunting, changes in land use and government policies brought the bison near to extinction. In the early 1800's the bison populationnumbered in the tens of millions. By the end of that century there were fewer than 1,000 left. However, in recent years interest in raising bison has grown among breeders, and today there are about 150,000 in North America. They are no longer endangered.
Maybe she thought we were talking about the Western Colorado Woolly Mammoths
Trudge

Myrtle Beach, SC

#20 Apr 23, 2008
simple man forever wrote:
<quoted text>
youre really starting to tick me off dilluting this forum with facts.
is there such a thing as free range panda?
I really thought someone that would snap at someone so quickly would at least know what they were talking about. I don't know about the panda, but I do know a grizzly that needs to be barbequed!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

University at Buffalo NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Run the Ball; Make Army Throw (Sep '14) Sep '14 saboflange 1
News Thompson: Oakland Raiders' first-round draft pi... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Reggie McWTF 4
News 2015 Buffalo Football Recruiting: Lineman Alex ... (Jul '14) Jul '14 Jeff Auglaze 2
News Does It Even Matter? (Apr '14) May '14 Reggie McWTF 11
News Munch Madness - Pano's vs Dick & Jenny's (Apr '14) Apr '14 Mike flounders 1
News Sports Adam Muema a no show at SDSU Pro Day (Apr '14) Apr '14 Todd 1
News Report: Vikings Eyeing Linebacker in 1st round;... (Apr '14) Apr '14 Spielman 25
More from around the web