No. 23 BYU leads UTEP 39-26 at halfti...

No. 23 BYU leads UTEP 39-26 at halftime; view live scoreboard

There are 73 comments on the El Paso Times story from Dec 23, 2010, titled No. 23 BYU leads UTEP 39-26 at halftime; view live scoreboard. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

The UTEP men's basketball jumped out to an early 9-0 lead in the first three minutes and led 15-4 halfway through the first half against No.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Kent Lockhart

El Paso, TX

#1 Dec 23, 2010
I see buy is still using those 27 year olds. Look at his bald spot. Is he a student or a professor?
ESPNY

Salt Lake City, UT

#2 Dec 23, 2010
If the age thing was that big of an advantage then why isn't BYU winning National title after national title? Age argument is played. Just like football, your team got bounced. holla!
Jake

El Paso, TX

#3 Dec 23, 2010
Well... I don' know what to say. That had to be the most one-sided game ever. I mean EVERY one of our Key players was in Foul Trouble very quickly.
bYUFAN4AFTERNOON

El Paso, TX

#4 Dec 23, 2010
Some things never change at UTEP.....losing!!! HAHA GO BYU!
only if

El Paso, TX

#5 Dec 23, 2010
if we still had d. caracter, the same score would have been the same, except with a Miner "w"..
only if

El Paso, TX

#6 Dec 23, 2010
i meant to say "the end score wold have been the same"
Bubba

El Paso, TX

#7 Dec 23, 2010
Culpepper fouled out on purpose because he ws being outplayed by Ferdette. I can't believe anyone thought UTEP could win this game after that performance Monday night. GOOOO Miners!!!!!! On a positive note The "bigs" and Polk showed up to play.
DotDotDot

United States

#8 Dec 23, 2010
I'm not saying we would have won had it not been for the refs..but it would've been a heck of a lot closer.

But The Fix was in on this one.

Awful officiated game.
Miner Niner

United States

#9 Dec 23, 2010
This is why I didn't talk trash prior to the game. BYU is a good team and UTEP played like absolute garbage! Everyone can complain about the refs all they want, no matter where you go the home team will always get the better calls. This game was just flat out bad!!!! No defense, and desperate shot selection caused this loss!

*sigh* All that can be done is to put this @$$ whooping behind them and just win from here on out.

GO MINERS
Miner Niner

United States

#10 Dec 23, 2010
Kent Lockhart wrote:
I see buy is still using those 27 year olds. Look at his bald spot. Is he a student or a professor?
Age doesn't mean anything, especially if you can play the game. Give BYU credit, they're a good team.
Kent Lockhart

El Paso, TX

#11 Dec 23, 2010
BYU: still as racist as ever.
Alejandro

Prosper, TX

#12 Dec 23, 2010
Boy, I thought that BYU being a 12.5 point favorite was way too generous but I guess that it was too generous for us. At least we kept it closer than the football team.
ESPNY

Salt Lake City, UT

#13 Dec 23, 2010
bYUFAN4AFTERNOON wrote:
Some things never change at UTEP.....losing!!! HAHA GO BYU!
c'mon man, show some class. You are the reason why most people hate BYU. We won and that's it. Leave it at that.
bYUFAN4AFTERNOON

El Paso, TX

#14 Dec 23, 2010
UTEP is CBI bound baby!!!
Miner for Life

Las Cruces, NM

#15 Dec 23, 2010
Let's give BYU credit, their older mature men outplayed our true student athletes with the help of some of the worst officiating in the history of the NCAA. The BYU fans were also disrepectful to our team and coach. Let's not play BYU any longer if they're going to stack the deck against our Miners! Go Miners, Go Mr Stull and Go Coach Floyd!!
So What

El Paso, TX

#16 Dec 23, 2010
bYUFAN4AFTERNOON wrote:
UTEP is CBI bound baby!!!
Nah, bonehead. We'll be in the 64. So will you guys. By then, Floyd will have them finely tuned.
ESPNY

Salt Lake City, UT

#17 Dec 23, 2010
Kent Lockhart wrote:
BYU: still as racist as ever.
Ha, I've never had any problem in Provo. Never had any racist comments towards me what so ever. You're reachin bro. Keep hatin.
White Boy

El Paso, TX

#18 Dec 23, 2010
See, idiots? White Boys CAN jump... and shoot... and play defense... and block shots... and...
ESPNY

Salt Lake City, UT

#19 Dec 23, 2010
Miner for Life wrote:
Let's give BYU credit, their older mature men outplayed our true student athletes with the help of some of the worst officiating in the history of the NCAA. The BYU fans were also disrepectful to our team and coach. Let's not play BYU any longer if they're going to stack the deck against our Miners! Go Miners, Go Mr Stull and Go Coach Floyd!!
Yeah, you better not play BYU anymore. You keep losing. Quit making excuses. Jimmer who is 21 just outplayed yall. 25 pts. 9 rebounds and 8 assists. nuff said
JRMaynard3

El Paso, TX

#20 Dec 23, 2010
Just an off-night fellas. We'll get to the NCAA's just fine. Forget BYU. Most everyone else does anyhow. Hell, if it weren't for those strange articles and shows about people like Warren Jeffs, I'd never give that part of the country a second thought.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brigham Young Cougars NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ohio State men's basketball: Sullinger wins top... (Apr '11) Apr '11 FLABUCK 10
News Sullinger in select company | BuckeyeXtra (Mar '11) Mar '11 califbuck 12
News Southeast Region: (2) Florida vs (3) BYU (Mar '11) Mar '11 Jayhawk 1
News Sullinger named top freshman | The Columbus Dis... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Direbrother 5
Brigham Young Cougars 2011 Basketball Champions... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Emily 3
News The name is JIMMER (Mar '11) Mar '11 lonerider 1
News No. 3 BYU trying to regroup minus Davies (Mar '11) Mar '11 HOSER 4
More from around the web