UTEP men's basketball: Miners take on...

UTEP men's basketball: Miners take on No. 23 BYU in Provo tonight

There are 69 comments on the El Paso Times story from Dec 22, 2010, titled UTEP men's basketball: Miners take on No. 23 BYU in Provo tonight. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

UTEP will face perhaps its biggest challenge of the year tonight, stepping into the Marriott Center to face No.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
RocketScientist

Burke, VA

#63 Dec 23, 2010
BYUFAN4AFTERNOON wrote:
I'll be posting the win right here after UTEP gets the BYU spank chilangos!!! Don't hate on a winning school or a great academic institution.....
Thats a pile of terd. You're school only has influence with the Church... If you ain't moron BYU means nothing to anyone!
High_Lonesome

United States

#64 Dec 23, 2010
UTEP vs BYU + MountainWest Refs, lopsided officiating which will favor BYU in the outcome.
Good Luck Miners! You are going to need it.
Steve

Lehi, UT

#65 Dec 23, 2010
Just as expected. BYU owns the Minors this year.
BYUWINS

Orem, UT

#66 Dec 23, 2010
Man, these pages became quiet.

Just wanted to say that I went to the game and was impressed by a lot of things about UTEP. As for the moron "Allstar" that was on here, I feel as though I speak on behalf of the majority of BYU fans in saying that he is a very poor representation of our fans.

That being said, nothing is more disappointing than reading these comments pages only to be barraged by absolutely vile, bigoted remarks about the LDS faith. It's disgusting, degrading, and more than anything, pathetic. However, just as Allstar doesn't represent BYU, I know that many of the bigots saying such things don't represent UTEP or it's fans.

Good luck of the rest of the season--You guys will do great in conference play!
So What

El Paso, TX

#67 Dec 23, 2010
Steve wrote:
Just as expected. BYU owns the Minors this year.
See you in the NCAA's you in-bred turd.
TTU

El Paso, TX

#69 Dec 25, 2010
1966 TWC wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey TTU, What happened to your Rambling Wreck, Texas Tech, when we mopped them all over the floor at the Haskins Center? If I were you, I wouldn't be commenting on our business tonight. We are still going to give BYU the same run we gave you guys. So, keep your focus on your guys and we will worry about ours.
By the way, I enjoyed watching Pat Knight holding his head and sobbing after we were dismantling his team.
What are you talking about "We are still going to give BYU the same run we gave you guys..."
If you followed basketball you'd know that Texas Tech was the UNDERDOG against UTEP. Yes, UTEP was expected to beat Texas Tech. So, using your same defense, we gave YOU a run for your money. We are not very good this year..........
Tomas

Salt Lake City, UT

#70 Dec 25, 2010
It's a shame that whiner fans have to resort to insulting people's religion in order to "defend" their own team's lack of talent. Maybe you ignorant souls didn't know that you don't have to be Mormon to attend BYU....you just have to abide by the school ethics code...just like any other college has. The one exception appears to be utep, where they have no ethics, only pathetic fans.(not all, but obviously quite a few on here). But maybe the real problem is that you foul-mouthed simpletons are jealous of BYU...because they have something utep will never have.
High_Lonesome

Newcastle, CA

#71 Dec 26, 2010
Tomas wrote:
It's a shame that whiner fans have to resort to insulting people's religion in order to "defend" their own team's lack of talent. Maybe you ignorant souls didn't know that you don't have to be Mormon to attend BYU....you just have to abide by the school ethics code...just like any other college has. The one exception appears to be utep, where they have no ethics, only pathetic fans.(not all, but obviously quite a few on here). But maybe the real problem is that you foul-mouthed simpletons are jealous of BYU...because they have something utep will never have.
It's disgusting that little whinners from as far as Elko Nevada have to come post their little minds and thoughts because no one in Elko listens to them.
Tomas is a little boy in a little girls body, she cant go outside and play because she is afraid that the scorpions or tarantulas with sting her.
Besides she cant be expose to sun light, her pale freckel skin will give way to skin cancer or she will melt like vanilla ice cream in the hot sun, so garma bought her a new laptop pc so she can stay indoors and e-mail us all the way from Elko Nevada.
There are no little girls in Elko that she can play with, and her grandfather built her a dollhouse outside so she could play with her dolls, but she is afraid of snakes and she fears her own shadow.
El Pasoan

El Paso, TX

#72 Dec 28, 2010
realbear wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey hater, do yourself a favor and rent the movie Rudy. Maybe then you will understand that this young man has worked his tail off and deserves to be on the team. We measure a man by the size of the heart and courage. Were you an All-American in any sport?
Oh please.........come on..... I think he is on the team to smell the jocks after the game......LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brigham Young Cougars NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ohio State men's basketball: Sullinger wins top... (Apr '11) Apr '11 FLABUCK 10
News Sullinger in select company | BuckeyeXtra (Mar '11) Mar '11 califbuck 12
News Southeast Region: (2) Florida vs (3) BYU (Mar '11) Mar '11 Jayhawk 1
News Sullinger named top freshman | The Columbus Dis... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Direbrother 5
Brigham Young Cougars 2011 Basketball Champions... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Emily 3
News The name is JIMMER (Mar '11) Mar '11 lonerider 1
News No. 3 BYU trying to regroup minus Davies (Mar '11) Mar '11 HOSER 4
More from around the web