UTEP men's basketball: Miners take on...

UTEP men's basketball: Miners take on No. 23 BYU in Provo tonight

There are 69 comments on the El Paso Times story from Dec 22, 2010, titled UTEP men's basketball: Miners take on No. 23 BYU in Provo tonight. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

UTEP will face perhaps its biggest challenge of the year tonight, stepping into the Marriott Center to face No.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
DotDotDot

United States

#1 Dec 22, 2010
I WISH THIS GAME WAS ON TV!

Good god almighty.
TTU

El Paso, TX

#2 Dec 22, 2010
Just a repeat of the football game ladies and gentlemexas.
Jake

El Paso, TX

#3 Dec 23, 2010
TTU wrote:
Just a repeat of the football game ladies and gentlemexas.
The difference between UTEP Football and Basketball is a mile, so I highly doubt that.

Gonna be a close game. Not sure who wins, I hope it's UTEP.
GWB

Saint George, UT

#4 Dec 23, 2010
jake, same with byu football and basketball.. watch out. wont even be close lol
Manny

El Paso, TX

#5 Dec 23, 2010
Utep wins by 8 points! Got 100 on it! just watch!
AggieFan

Rio Rancho, NM

#6 Dec 23, 2010
Pulling for a Miner win in Provo.
serpico

Washington, DC

#7 Dec 23, 2010
Go Miners!!! Kick some Cougar Bootie!
Dave

Houston, TX

#9 Dec 23, 2010
Big game Miners! Make us proud!
Go UTEP!
El Pasoan

Temple, TX

#10 Dec 23, 2010
Question? Not a hater, just wondering. Tafoya on the bench, why is he on the team? Let's get real, the kid is not Division 3 material, much less Division 1. I dont even think he was a starter when he was at El Paso High. There is much more talent in El Paso......I guess it was the "donations" Daddy gave? just saying......and I am sure many many fans are thinking the same....come on UTEP!
Bill

Vista, CA

#11 Dec 23, 2010
This is a chance to get into the top 25. The Miners have the talent to beat BYU.
GO MINERS!!!!!!
Peter Rittmann

El Paso, TX

#12 Dec 23, 2010
Will this game be streamlined?
ACD

Albuquerque, NM

#13 Dec 23, 2010
Peter Rittmann wrote:
Will this game be streamlined?
Yes, go to UTEP Athletics the CSTV link is on there. The premium package givess you all the games.

BYU is tired and UTEP isn't coached by Tony Barbee anymore. Defence is the critical component tonight. Stone has to have the defensive game of his life, Polk will have help to keep the BYU defence off Culpepper and we'll need Portaltin back too. If UTEP can score inside and not foul at the other end I think UTEP WINS BY 5.

GO MINERS!
i wish

El Paso, TX

#15 Dec 23, 2010
ACD wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, go to UTEP Athletics the CSTV link is on there. The premium package givess you all the games.
BYU is tired and UTEP isn't coached by Tony Barbee anymore. Defence is the critical component tonight. Stone has to have the defensive game of his life, Polk will have help to keep the BYU defence off Culpepper and we'll need Portaltin back too. If UTEP can score inside and not foul at the other end I think UTEP WINS BY 5.
GO MINERS!
Negative. Only the home games and a select few road games are streamed on that website. I believe the home team owns the rights to the game, so UTEP would have to get permission from the home team to stream it via their arena cameras. Now I'm sure they do have cameras at BYU, but last I checked it was not going to be offered online either.
BYU Allstar

Salt Lake City, UT

#16 Dec 23, 2010
Manny wrote:
Utep wins by 8 points! Got 100 on it! just watch!
You are an idiot. Why gamble when you can invest? And especially, why gamble with your heart? I bet you are very poor with that kind of fincancial sense.
hemm

Dallas, TX

#17 Dec 23, 2010
Great challenge for Miners and the time for Randy,julyan,Jeremy,Claude,gab e,john,Cris and Mike to just let loose and show why the NAMES are not needed on the jersey.. we know who you are and we know you got game !!!! GO MINERS !! B Y WHOOO ???
BYU Allstar

Salt Lake City, UT

#18 Dec 23, 2010
ACD wrote:
<quoted text>
GO MINERS!
Keep telling yourself that. You only have a few hours left to believe it. BYU by double digits. Utep shoots less then 35% from the field. Tell me I'm wrong it'll...make me smile.
BYU Allstar

Salt Lake City, UT

#19 Dec 23, 2010
I'll be there in my seats behind the team, so for all of those out their who can't see it, I'll check back in after the game and give you a recap. Or I'll just tell you now...UTEP leaves a loser...just like football.
FelicesFiestasMi ners

Peru

#20 Dec 23, 2010
Any word on Internet links where I can access the game overseas? I would really love to watch this game, as I attended UTEP during the days of the old WAC rivalry between these two universities, so I am very familiar with the rivalry. GO MINERS!!!!!
Jake

El Paso, TX

#21 Dec 23, 2010
UTEP is 27th in the nation in FG%, and are also 33rd in Assists. Look for UTEP to take advantage of each possession and try to find the best shot. BYU is a good team, no doubt about it, and it will be tough to win in Provo. I still see UTEP winning, especially now that players are buying into Floyd's system. UTEP plays very good defense our interior defense is superb and our fastbreak defense is lights out.

UTEP 77
BYU 74
SoCal Miner

Aurora, CO

#22 Dec 23, 2010
This will be a good barometer for the Miners to see if they belong in the top tier of college hoops this year. If UTEP sticks to CTF's gameplan, chalk up a win.

BYU fading star - you're wrong. Whoever pulls out the win will probably get it by single digits.

Go Miners!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brigham Young Cougars NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ohio State men's basketball: Sullinger wins top... (Apr '11) Apr '11 FLABUCK 10
News Sullinger in select company | BuckeyeXtra (Mar '11) Mar '11 califbuck 12
News Southeast Region: (2) Florida vs (3) BYU (Mar '11) Mar '11 Jayhawk 1
News Sullinger named top freshman | The Columbus Dis... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Direbrother 5
Brigham Young Cougars 2011 Basketball Champions... (Mar '11) Mar '11 Emily 3
News The name is JIMMER (Mar '11) Mar '11 lonerider 1
News No. 3 BYU trying to regroup minus Davies (Mar '11) Mar '11 HOSER 4
More from around the web