No. 16 Florida St Shakes Off Boston C...

No. 16 Florida St Shakes Off Boston College 24-19

There are 14 comments on the First Coast News story from Oct 16, 2010, titled No. 16 Florida St Shakes Off Boston College 24-19. In it, First Coast News reports that:

Bert Reed's 42-yard touchdown run on a reverse lifted 16th-ranked Florida State to a 24-19 win Saturday over Boston College as the Seminoles overcame four turnovers by quarterback Christian Ponder for their fifth straight win.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at First Coast News.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Since: Dec 06

Cleveland, Ms,

#1 Oct 16, 2010
there should be a 2 in front of the 6 in their ranking not a 1. They are horrible and the QB is horrible.
not sure

Alexandria, VA

#2 Oct 22, 2010
ND is 4-3 so I do not even need to comment on where they should be ranked. I assume this is why you are trash talking FSU, you are sick and tired of people trash talking your team, I would go to another teams thread also if my team were that bad. Ponder did have a bad game, but who cares about Mid season rankings? Nothing matters until December, if FSU loses more games then you may be correct, if they win you are wrong. Time will tell.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Since: Dec 06

Cleveland, Ms,

#3 Oct 22, 2010
not sure wrote:
ND is 4-3 so I do not even need to comment on where they should be ranked. I assume this is why you are trash talking FSU, you are sick and tired of people trash talking your team, I would go to another teams thread also if my team were that bad. Ponder did have a bad game, but who cares about Mid season rankings? Nothing matters until December, if FSU loses more games then you may be correct, if they win you are wrong. Time will tell.
Well a 4-3 Notre Dame team dominated Boston College and held them to less than 10 yards rushing. If you are a Florida State fan, then you already know that yall being ranked is just wishful thinking, I think the voters forgot that it is 2010 now, not 2000. December will look good to us, can't say there would be any confidence in that statement when it comes to FSU. They have played a weak schedule and still they don't look good.
not sure

Alexandria, VA

#4 Oct 25, 2010
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well a 4-3 Notre Dame team dominated Boston College and held them to less than 10 yards rushing. If you are a Florida State fan, then you already know that yall being ranked is just wishful thinking, I think the voters forgot that it is 2010 now, not 2000. December will look good to us, can't say there would be any confidence in that statement when it comes to FSU. They have played a weak schedule and still they don't look good.
You sound really smart after losing to Navy. FSU played two ranked teams and are 1-1 against them. ND has also played two and they are 0-2. Against teams they are supposed to beat FSU is 5-0 and ND is 4-1 (I will give you a pass on the overrated Michigan team). Call it what you want but FSU is 6-1 and ND is 4-4. And I agree this is 2010 and FSU is not the same team it was, unfortunatly for ND it is not 1986 or maybe they would ranked.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Since: Dec 06

Cleveland, Ms,

#5 Oct 25, 2010
not sure wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound really smart after losing to Navy. FSU played two ranked teams and are 1-1 against them. ND has also played two and they are 0-2. Against teams they are supposed to beat FSU is 5-0 and ND is 4-1 (I will give you a pass on the overrated Michigan team). Call it what you want but FSU is 6-1 and ND is 4-4. And I agree this is 2010 and FSU is not the same team it was, unfortunatly for ND it is not 1986 or maybe they would ranked.
of course it isn't 86....I have never said that we are going to have a great year but I think it is crazy for FSU to win a few games and folks act like they are good. We are slowly improving, this week sucked but it is a triple option team so shit happens. Florida State is the same team they were last year and the year before, which shouldn't be in the top 25. I haven't seen improvement. If anything I think they have taken a step back. Ponder sure has.
not sure

Alexandria, VA

#6 Oct 25, 2010
Watch more games and less sports center. FSU has an excellent running game, 3 RBs all averaging over 6 yards a carry and a defense ranked 12th in scoring defense and first in sacks. Like I said mid season rankings do not matter at all unless you are undefeated. FSU was 3-4 last year at this time and had lost to several teams that were "supposed to win games." The truth is that I really do not see anyone ever equaling the run that FSU had in the 90's or ND back before I was born. Too many star athletes are choosing non traditional powerhouse schools. You should be well aware of that. Yes they laid an egg against BC, but they won if you knew what you were talking about you would know that FSU has not been winning games for several years when they did not bring their A game. I am not saying FSU is back, but having watched every FSU game this year, they are clearly a much better team than in years past. You are right that Ponder has under performed. He has been hurt for most of the season,(injured elbow in that whoppin at Norman) but as we all know no one cares if you are hurt, they only care how you perform, and he has not.

Lets talk in December since you say you will be happy and I will not.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Since: Dec 06

Cleveland, Ms,

#7 Oct 30, 2010
not sure wrote:
Watch more games and less sports center. FSU has an excellent running game, 3 RBs all averaging over 6 yards a carry and a defense ranked 12th in scoring defense and first in sacks. Like I said mid season rankings do not matter at all unless you are undefeated. FSU was 3-4 last year at this time and had lost to several teams that were "supposed to win games." The truth is that I really do not see anyone ever equaling the run that FSU had in the 90's or ND back before I was born. Too many star athletes are choosing non traditional powerhouse schools. You should be well aware of that. Yes they laid an egg against BC, but they won if you knew what you were talking about you would know that FSU has not been winning games for several years when they did not bring their A game. I am not saying FSU is back, but having watched every FSU game this year, they are clearly a much better team than in years past. You are right that Ponder has under performed. He has been hurt for most of the season,(injured elbow in that whoppin at Norman) but as we all know no one cares if you are hurt, they only care how you perform, and he has not.
Lets talk in December since you say you will be happy and I will not.
I watched both teams this week, we lost to tulsa and I it is obvious that that Florida State would have been blown out by them.
not sure

Alexandria, VA

#8 Nov 1, 2010
Yeah right. You are like my 10 year old in his own little dream world. ND is 4-5 and has recruits decommiting left and right because they are good? I am sorry to be the one that has to tell you this, but your program is in trouble! Watch one game and draw a conclusion that Tulsa is better. You should really just crawl into a corner for the rest of the season. Oh wait never mind you are still planning on that happ December. Good luck even making a bowl game.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Since: Dec 06

Cleveland, Ms,

#9 Nov 10, 2010
not sure wrote:
Yeah right. You are like my 10 year old in his own little dream world. ND is 4-5 and has recruits decommiting left and right because they are good? I am sorry to be the one that has to tell you this, but your program is in trouble! Watch one game and draw a conclusion that Tulsa is better. You should really just crawl into a corner for the rest of the season. Oh wait never mind you are still planning on that happ December. Good luck even making a bowl game.
We have a new offense and new defense all new coaches. You have a coach that has been there for years and they suck. You have the talent, even if it is thugish. Your problem is the ex coach in waiting, if he sucked as an OC they why would you think he was going to be a good head coach? I think yall are just hoping that some saban magic rubbed off on him. Speaking of programs in trouble, yall are about due for another round of arrest, cheating etc. Somethings never change.
not sure

Alexandria, VA

#10 Nov 15, 2010
Somethings never change, I agree. ND thinks they are entitled to something. We have four new coaches also. And your argument makes a lot of sense, 5-5 is better than 7-3. You son are a flipping idiot! We have had one player arrested since Fisher took over the team, and they were dismissed. Get a clue. I do like your picture though, is that the last time ND had a good football team?

Name me a FSU player that is thugish? Or are you just using a sterotype? From a ND fan's Point of view, Poor hometown + Black = thug. I get it, your team is horrible so you result to name calling. The good news for you is that Utah was extremely overrated, so ND still has a chance to make a bowl game. Most likely the toilet bowl, but hey when even the ND fans are crying poor me then I guess you should be happy.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Since: Dec 06

Cleveland, Ms,

#11 Nov 16, 2010
not sure wrote:
Somethings never change, I agree. ND thinks they are entitled to something. We have four new coaches also. And your argument makes a lot of sense, 5-5 is better than 7-3. You son are a flipping idiot! We have had one player arrested since Fisher took over the team, and they were dismissed. Get a clue. I do like your picture though, is that the last time ND had a good football team?
Name me a FSU player that is thugish? Or are you just using a sterotype? From a ND fan's Point of view, Poor hometown + Black = thug. I get it, your team is horrible so you result to name calling. The good news for you is that Utah was extremely overrated, so ND still has a chance to make a bowl game. Most likely the toilet bowl, but hey when even the ND fans are crying poor me then I guess you should be happy.
name a player that is thugish? it would be a whole lot easier to name one that isn't. What's your kickers name again?
not sure

Alexandria, VA

#12 Nov 17, 2010
Yeah that was a solid argument, I guess you win with the Pee Wee Herman argument. I know you are but what am I. Or I mean insead of actually naming one you name one that isn't. Wow! Is that the elite education that you got at ND. This is the first time I have ever questioned the academics of ND, maybe they are overrated also.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Since: Dec 06

Cleveland, Ms,

#13 Nov 17, 2010
not sure wrote:
Yeah that was a solid argument, I guess you win with the Pee Wee Herman argument. I know you are but what am I. Or I mean insead of actually naming one you name one that isn't. Wow! Is that the elite education that you got at ND. This is the first time I have ever questioned the academics of ND, maybe they are overrated also.
Sorry if the facts are to brutal for your weak nature. I will treat you with kid gloves from now on.
not sure

Alexandria, VA

#14 Nov 18, 2010
That did not even make sense. Follow the conversation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boston College Eagles NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Boston College QB's are offensive (Oct '15) Oct '15 Bored with BC 1
News FOOTBALL: West Covina downs Glendora, 33-28 (Sep '10) Aug '15 Fart news 3
News Heisman: Winston, Manziel, Lynch among 6 finalists (Dec '13) Dec '13 I THOT THE HEISMAN 1
News Terpsa Farrand out vs. BC (Nov '13) Nov '13 Carroll 1
News Raiders UDFA John Wetzel Player Profile (May '13) May '13 raiderfaith 1
News Wide Receiver Ifeanyi Momah Signs Contract with... (Mar '13) Mar '13 Howard 1
News 2013 NFL mock draft: Who will be No. 1 pick? (Feb '13) Feb '13 The_Solution 2
More from around the web