Williams gets 600th win

Feb 6, 2008 Read more: Baltimore Sun
Greivis Vasquez scored eight of his 25 points during a key second-half run to help Maryland beat Boston College 70-65 Wednesday night, giving coach Gary Williams his 600th career victory. Read more
Marcus

Henniker, NH

#1 Feb 6, 2008
Congrats Gary!!!!! He has really turned the team around this season, I don't want to jump the gun and say they'll make the NCAA tourney but its possible.
Terp92

Hyattsville, MD

#2 Feb 6, 2008
Pretty good for a lousy coach who can't recruit worth a damn (rolls eyes). Congrats, Gary. They'll all miss you when you're gone.

PS: The caption with that photo is hilarious. Doesn't look like he's "talking" to them exactly.
Scott G

Frederick, MD

#3 Feb 6, 2008
I have to say, this may very will be one of Gary's best coaching efforts. I wrote them off earlier. They may or may not make the NCAA's. However, I think it would be hard to deny the 3rd place team in the ACC, if they stay there. And there was another point for people who bad-mouth Gary. He just became the 7th active coach to win 600 games. That says something in itself. Congratulations Gary. We are proud of you, and the whole Maryland team.
Louie

Baltimore, MD

#4 Feb 6, 2008
After a rough start it's hard to believe the Terps are in sole possession of third place in the ACC.

Terps coming on Baby!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boston College Eagles NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Report: Gabe Moton Granted Release From Boston ... (Apr '12) Apr '12 knowledgeable 1
News Va. Tech stumbles against BC (Mar '11) Mar '11 KevG523 1
News Reggie Jackson favourite to return to Eagles (Feb '11) Feb '11 greg 1
News Boston College switching gears under Donohue (Nov '10) Nov '10 GOEAGLES 1
News Ravenel's Improvement Should Add Frontcourt Depth (Dec '09) Jul '10 dad 2
News Evan Ravenel is latest player to ask Boston Col... (May '10) Jul '10 dad 24
News Men's college basketball: 6-8 transfer adds siz... (Jun '10) Jun '10 family 8
More from around the web