Outlook not great for Big Ten vs. ACC-again

Full story: Chicago Tribune

One night into the Big Ten/ACC Challenge and the underdogs are ahead. Of course, early exit polls are not always indicative of the final result.
Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Dec 2, 2008
Disgusted

Monee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2008

I've seen Duke and Purdue. I don't believe Purdue has the edge. I don't know what chance Illinois has either. I think some of the Big Ten win predictions are hopeful thinking, something the Trib does every year leading up to this event. Then they play the games.
Jeff

Cedar Rapids, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2008

Iowa's loss to WVU was in Las Vegas not at Home
Mike

Oblong, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2008

Iowa also beat Kansas State of the Big 12 the next night in Vegas. But why let facts stand in the way of a nice Big Ten Bashfest?
Brian

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2008

your writer need to do better research. The hawkeye lose to W Virg. was at the Las Vegas tourney and they beat kansas state the next night6737
Mike

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2008

Iowa lost to West Virginia at home? That would be surprising news to the folks at the Las Vegas Invitational who went to all the trouble of organizing that tournament.

How seriously should we take the opinions of a writer who doesn't even know where games are played?
Disgusted

Monee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2008

Mike wrote:
Iowa lost to West Virginia at home? That would be surprising news to the folks at the Las Vegas Invitational who went to all the trouble of organizing that tournament.
How seriously should we take the opinions of a writer who doesn't even know where games are played?
They did lose at home to the ACC. You do agree with that? As did Illinois and Purdue. Congrats to the Big Ten teams that did win, Ohio State, Minnesota, and Wisconsin. Gee, could the Big Ten actually have a chance in the challenge this year?
Awesome

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2008

I'm I right in thinking that the writer, for Tuesday Dec. 2, has chosen the wrong team to win for all Tuesday games? Hands down, bad picks. Slight edge, the readers.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Boston College Eagles NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the Boston College Eagles NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Report: Gabe Moton Granted Release From Boston ... (Apr '12) Apr '12 knowledgeable 1
Va. Tech stumbles against BC (Mar '11) Mar '11 KevG523 1
Reggie Jackson favourite to return to Eagles (Feb '11) Feb '11 greg 1
Boston College switching gears under Donohue (Nov '10) Nov '10 GOEAGLES 1
Ravenel's Improvement Should Add Frontcourt Depth (Dec '09) Jul '10 dad 2
Evan Ravenel is latest player to ask Boston Col... (May '10) Jul '10 dad 24
Men's college basketball: 6-8 transfer adds siz... (Jun '10) Jun '10 family 8
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••