Who's The Best? For Now, It's Pitt

Full story: Hartford Courant
The question "Who is the best team in college basketball?" was rhetorical before Sunday evening. Full Story
Garrett Delehanty

United States

#1 Jan 6, 2009
Based on performance to date, the polls have it right. Pitt should be ranked first. As someone who grew up in Pittsburgh and is a life-long fan of Pittsburgh sports teams, I love it. But I am not deluded that it portends anything for the future except that formidable opponents, including the Huskies, will now have that little bit of extra motivation to take the Panthers down. The only question which really matters is whether Pitt can have a sufficiently successful season to be awarded with a one or two seed in the tournament. The other powers in the Big East will have a lot to say about how that question is answered. For now, it has to be one game at a time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boston College Eagles NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Report: Gabe Moton Granted Release From Boston ... (Apr '12) Apr '12 knowledgeable 1
Va. Tech stumbles against BC (Mar '11) Mar '11 KevG523 1
Reggie Jackson favourite to return to Eagles (Feb '11) Feb '11 greg 1
Boston College switching gears under Donohue (Nov '10) Nov '10 GOEAGLES 1
Ravenel's Improvement Should Add Frontcourt Depth (Dec '09) Jul '10 dad 2
Evan Ravenel is latest player to ask Boston Col... (May '10) Jul '10 dad 24
Men's college basketball: 6-8 transfer adds siz... (Jun '10) Jun '10 family 8
More from around the web