Can we beat "em? Aggies prepare to ho...

Can we beat "em? Aggies prepare to host third-ranked Boise State; h...

There are 34 comments on the Las Cruces Sun-News story from Sep 30, 2010, titled Can we beat "em? Aggies prepare to host third-ranked Boise State; h.... In it, Las Cruces Sun-News reports that:

The New Mexico State football team will host No. 3 Boise State at 6 p.m. Saturday at Aggie Memorial Stadium.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Las Cruces Sun-News.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Fire Boston

Las Cruces, NM

#22 Oct 1, 2010
I think the real issue is not only the coaches but the one who does the hiring. NMSU aggie Director McKinley Bostons should get the boot, since he has failed to hire a couch capable of winning a game.
Dung Pao Chicken

Las Cruces, NM

#23 Oct 1, 2010
I'm always behind my Ags, but....only chance they have in this case is if the entire BS squad comes to town with a bad whiskey hangover and a raging case of swine flu. It's likely to get exceedingly ugly.

Hopefully BS lets up in the second half, the Ags get some garbage scores and BS doesn't cover.
YEAH RIGHT

Las Cruces, NM

#24 Oct 1, 2010
Aggies cant even beat Mayfield, cut the program they suck!!
Tyler

Beckley, WV

#25 Oct 1, 2010
Boise has to play hard and destroy aggies to maintain their natl rank, and go for the BCS. I doubt they hold back, since they're playing for the BCS, and not the WAC
leonard

Las Cruces, NM

#26 Oct 1, 2010
Just a waste of time, money. Rather go to the local high school games. Think I will. At least the money won't go to a players ear ring or tatto.

“LSU, 2012 BCS NATIONAL CHAMPS!”

Since: Jun 10

Bama & USC r both going down!!

#27 Oct 1, 2010
If Boise State doesn't beat NMSU by 100-0 or more, Boise State IS NOT WORTHY OF ANYTHING!!! YO!!!!!! In other words, if Boise State doesn't beat NMSU by 100 points or more, they shouldn't even be considered a top 20 team, much less a 3rd ranked team. They're over-rated anyway!!!!!!!!!! Boise State sucks!!!!! And, NMSU sucks 100 times more than that!!!!!! YO!!!!!!!!
axe football at NMSU

Las Cruces, NM

#28 Oct 1, 2010
Great Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop!! Don't be a tight wad. Support the team.
we should all stop throwing money at a lost cause. Football is the last thing NMSU should be worried about.
Crucen in Houston

Houston, TX

#29 Oct 1, 2010
leonard wrote:
Just a waste of time, money. Rather go to the local high school games. Think I will. At least the money won't go to a players ear ring or tatto.
Leonard you're such an idiot!
JTP

Martin, TN

#30 Oct 1, 2010
It's Coach Petersen*
Real Football

Las Cruces, NM

#31 Oct 1, 2010
The Aggies couldn't beat Boise State even if Boise State didn't show up.
We have the right coach. These things take time.
If we go out and try our best on every play, that is what we should strive for, ask Coach John Wooden.
Great Scott

Albuquerque, NM

#32 Oct 1, 2010
axe football at NMSU wrote:
<quoted text>
we should all stop throwing money at a lost cause. Football is the last thing NMSU should be worried about.
Think of what good it does for the young people. More than you think. Even if we don't have a winning season, are kids are doing their best. Don't give up on them. They give it their best no matter what. And I thank them all for the effort that they do give.
AGGIES!!!! Scott thinks highly of you.
Bronco4life

Missouri City, TX

#33 Oct 2, 2010
I wish the Aggie fans and players the best of luck today, and may no one get hurt during the game. It is great to hear that your team is not just going to roll over and play dead when we show up tonight.
Yes, BSU WILL win this game (and probably by a fairly large margin), however Aggie fans, know that your team will play to the final whistle, and no matter the outcome they will have played their very best!
Root for them...cheer them on...don't give up on them, because they won't give up on you! Play hard, play well, and good luck to you from the heart of Bronco Nation!
Bronco4life

Missouri City, TX

#34 Oct 2, 2010
Don't know why my previous post shows North Las Vegas, but I live in Boise, Idaho and am a full time student at BSU (just for clarification). Again, good luck and I wish your team and community well!
axe football at NMSU

Las Cruces, NM

#35 Oct 3, 2010
Great Scott wrote:
<quoted text>
Think of what good it does for the young people. More than you think. Even if we don't have a winning season, are kids are doing their best. Don't give up on them. They give it their best no matter what. And I thank them all for the effort that they do give.
AGGIES!!!! Scott thinks highly of you.
I respect your opinion, and I happen to like football, but what good does it do for young people at NMSU? And think about the millions of dollars that could be diverted to educational programs and resources that would probably benefit students more than a hypothetical sense of pride for a losing football team.

You urge me to not give up on the kids. I am merely thinking of how thousands of students could benefit from the resources currently being dumped into a handful of athletes and coaches, all in the name of...well i don't know exactly.

Let's face it, this ain't Texas. Young men don't spend their entire childhood dreaming of being and Aggie. More importantly, football costs money, and we're paying to lose.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boise State University NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Bronco Dennis Ellis arrested (Mar '07) Dec '15 Fart news 18
News Utah State vs Boise State This Saturday (Nov '14) Nov '14 Quisnos Republic 1
News Deshawn Shead proposes to his girlfriend on the... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Los Tardos de LA 5
News Welker not thinking retiring 'at all' after con... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Flatulence Fred 17
News Boise State Broncos vs. Mississippi Rebels: Col... (Jul '14) Jul '14 BRONCONATION1960 1
News History Favors Chicago Bears With Shea McClelli... (May '14) May '14 bill4544 1
News New Boise State coach Bryan Harsin hires two ne... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Zach Ruhnow 1
More from around the web