Weiss: No room for Boise at BCS table

Weiss: No room for Boise at BCS table

There are 6 comments on the New York City's Hometown Newspaper - NY Daily News story from Oct 7, 2010, titled Weiss: No room for Boise at BCS table. In it, New York City's Hometown Newspaper - NY Daily News reports that:

Due to their conference schedule, which has games against Toledo, San Jose State, Louisiana Tech and Hawaii, the Broncos are not likely to generate much love from the BCS computers.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at New York City's Hometown Newspaper - NY Daily News.

idaholc

Boise, ID

#1 Oct 7, 2010
Check the computer polls. Five of the six are out. In 3 of those 5 BSU scores better than Oregon and Ohio State. It will be Amazing what removing prejudice and bias will do to the BCS standings next week.

Every one raps the BSU strength of schedule which from a human standpoint sucks, but objectively we can probably see two of the teams we defeated back in the top 25 soon (VT and Oregon State) and at least one top 20 and maybe top 15 team ahead of us (Nevada).
rolltideroll

Raleigh, NC

#2 Oct 9, 2010
idaholc wrote:
Check the computer polls. Five of the six are out. In 3 of those 5 BSU scores better than Oregon and Ohio State. It will be Amazing what removing prejudice and bias will do to the BCS standings next week.
Every one raps the BSU strength of schedule which from a human standpoint sucks, but objectively we can probably see two of the teams we defeated back in the top 25 soon (VT and Oregon State) and at least one top 20 and maybe top 15 team ahead of us (Nevada).
When Boise State plays a team worth a damn I'll start paying attention. VT lost to James Madison FFS, and obviously never deserved to be ranked to begin with. They were also your hardest game all season. I want to say that BSU loses badly to 90% of the top 25, but because you're so busy padding your schedule with glorified high school teams, we'll never actually know.
brick

AOL

#3 Oct 10, 2010
rolltideroll wrote:
<quoted text>
When Boise State plays a team worth a damn I'll start paying attention. VT lost to James Madison FFS, and obviously never deserved to be ranked to begin with. They were also your hardest game all season. I want to say that BSU loses badly to 90% of the top 25, but because you're so busy padding your schedule with glorified high school teams, we'll never actually know.
your an idiot with your comments..... How come you don't slam Oregon for playing a sub division school (Portland State)or the new #1 ohio for playing "powerhouse" Eastern Mich. At least we're playing would we can, not our fault that the "big" estern teams don't want to play us.
Just me Wolfie

Van Nuys, CA

#4 Oct 10, 2010
idaholc wrote:
Check the computer polls. Five of the six are out. In 3 of those 5 BSU scores better than Oregon and Ohio State. It will be Amazing what removing prejudice and bias will do to the BCS standings next week.
Every one raps the BSU strength of schedule which from a human standpoint sucks, but objectively we can probably see two of the teams we defeated back in the top 25 soon (VT and Oregon State) and at least one top 20 and maybe top 15 team ahead of us (Nevada).
I got lots of LOVE for BOISE. HEck Hawaii showed FRESNO last night...wanna go to the MWC, then let us KICK YOUR ARZZ'S first to say a big fat ALOHA to you FRESNO! LOL!!!! Great game last night with HAwaii kicking the HELL out of FRESNO!
Just me Wolfie

Van Nuys, CA

#5 Oct 10, 2010
brick wrote:
<quoted text>
your an idiot with your comments..... How come you don't slam Oregon for playing a sub division school (Portland State)or the new #1 ohio for playing "powerhouse" Eastern Mich. At least we're playing would we can, not our fault that the "big" estern teams don't want to play us.
Hell last year BOISE beat Oregon. Folks are jealous of BOISE. But I would support BOISE to go to the BCS national game. Why? get this bs over with. Either then can man up, or they go home with their tails between their legs. I got BOISE, I think they could beat OHIO state. LOOK how Ohio State kicked Oregon ARZ last year at the ROSE BOWL! It was ugly.
rolltideroll

Raleigh, NC

#6 Oct 11, 2010
brick wrote:
<quoted text>
your an idiot with your comments..... How come you don't slam Oregon for playing a sub division school (Portland State)or the new #1 ohio for playing "powerhouse" Eastern Mich. At least we're playing would we can, not our fault that the "big" estern teams don't want to play us.
Because everyone has a few "gimme games" each season. Boise State has an entire season of gimme games. I understand that you've got a decent football team, but it's really hard not to look good when you're playing the Toledo Rockets. There has to be a strength of schedule requirement when considering rankings. Or we could just kick this ranking bullshit to the curb and playoff. Then nobody has to argue about anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boise State University NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Bronco Dennis Ellis arrested (Mar '07) Dec '15 Fart news 18
News Utah State vs Boise State This Saturday (Nov '14) Nov '14 Quisnos Republic 1
News Deshawn Shead proposes to his girlfriend on the... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Los Tardos de LA 5
News Welker not thinking retiring 'at all' after con... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Flatulence Fred 17
News Boise State Broncos vs. Mississippi Rebels: Col... (Jul '14) Jul '14 BRONCONATION1960 1
News History Favors Chicago Bears With Shea McClelli... (May '14) May '14 bill4544 1
News New Boise State coach Bryan Harsin hires two ne... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Zach Ruhnow 1
More from around the web