No. 3 Boise St. stuns No. 10 Virginia...

No. 3 Boise St. stuns No. 10 Virginia Tech

There are 12 comments on the Buffzone story from Sep 6, 2010, titled No. 3 Boise St. stuns No. 10 Virginia Tech. In it, Buffzone reports that:

Kellen Moore and Boise State look as if they are going to be in the national championship chase for a while.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Buffzone.

“USC=Greatest team of BCS era!”

Since: Aug 08

Burn, baby, burn!

#1 Sep 8, 2010
Ok, 1st and foremost, I was rooting for Boise State to win this game, so keep that in mind when reading my statement:

Why the big deal?#3 Boise State SHOULD beat #10 Virginia Tech. I would be STUNNED if it was the other way around, based on the rankings. Or is the media admitting that the rankings are irrelevant? I think this is indicative of the disrespect and doubting Boise will continue to receive no matter what they accomplish this season. I won't be stunned if an undefeated Boise State gets shut out of the BCS National Championship game. It would be a disgrace, but I won't be surprised.
sk8ter

Layton, UT

#2 Sep 13, 2010
your right
Pizza Man

Maple Grove, MN

#3 Sep 14, 2010
CPEM wrote:
Ok, 1st and foremost, I was rooting for Boise State to win this game, so keep that in mind when reading my statement:
Why the big deal?#3 Boise State SHOULD beat #10 Virginia Tech. I would be STUNNED if it was the other way around, based on the rankings. Or is the media admitting that the rankings are irrelevant? I think this is indicative of the disrespect and doubting Boise will continue to receive no matter what they accomplish this season. I won't be stunned if an undefeated Boise State gets shut out of the BCS National Championship game. It would be a disgrace, but I won't be surprised.
This is the first time it's ever been "stunning" for me to see a #3 ranked team beat a #10 team that just lost to an FBS team.

If it really is "stunning" then BSU doesn't deserve the ranking. I don't think they do anyway. You've got teams like Ohio State and Oklahoma blowing out big time conference contenders from the southeast and BSU needed a late drive in the fourth to beat VT after squandering a 17 point lead.
Bill R

Lebanon, OR

#4 Sep 14, 2010
Boise deserves to be ranked somewhere between 9th
and 14th based on the quality of opponents they
have played. Presumably Boise played the toughest
team on their schedule, so each week their rating
in the BCS formula should result in an even lower
rating.

“WAR EAGLE”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#5 Sep 14, 2010
Not so stunning now.

“LSU, 2012 BCS NATIONAL CHAMPS!”

Since: Jun 10

Bama & USC r both going down!!

#6 Sep 14, 2010
Boise State deserves to rated somewhere between 20th and 25th based on the quality of opponents they play and are going to play in their elementary conference. So what if they beat a team 33-30.....the same team that lost to James Madison? You've got to be kidding me!!!!!! LMAOROTF!!!!!! The best system ever divised, the BCS, should show you exactly what I'm talking about. The BCS Champion, THE CHAMPION OF ALL CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!! YO!!!!!!!!!!

#7 Sep 14, 2010
CPEM wrote:
LMAOROTF!!!!!!! Well, you're wrong! The BCS system is the best system ever divised; and, Boise State sucks just like I knew they would..........James Madison 21 Virginia Tech 16? YO!!!!!!!!!! Boise State should be ranked no better than 20th....maybe 25 or lower in the BCS!!!!!!!!! YO!!!!!!!!! THE BCS SYSTEM IS THE BEST SYSTEM EVER DIVISED TO DETERMINE THE ........ TRUE ...... NATIONAL CHAMPION OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!! YO!!!!!!!!!!

“WAR EAGLE”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#8 Sep 14, 2010
deathvalley wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAOROTF!!!!!!! Well, you're wrong! The BCS system is the best system ever divised; and, Boise State sucks just like I knew they would..........James Madison 21 Virginia Tech 16? YO!!!!!!!!!! Boise State should be ranked no better than 20th....maybe 25 or lower in the BCS!!!!!!!!! YO!!!!!!!!! THE BCS SYSTEM IS THE BEST SYSTEM EVER DIVISED TO DETERMINE THE ........ TRUE ...... NATIONAL CHAMPION OF COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!!!!!!!!! YO!!!!!!!!!!
Shut up, Village Idiot. The BCS is BS and everyone with half a brain knows it.

#9 Sep 14, 2010
Eagle3 wrote:
<quoted text>Shut up, Village Idiot. The BCS is BS and everyone with half a brain knows it.
Well, you're partly right! The BCS is BS to the people that think college football players are ATHLETE/STUDENTS and not what they really are......STUDENT/ATHLETES!!! That makes you the one with half a brain, boy!!!

First and foremost, college football players are STUDENTS!!! Then, they are ATHLETES!!! Don't ever forget what comes first!!! But, on the other hand, you do only have half a brain. So, I would expect you not to understand!!!!!! Duhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!
Dswish

United States

#10 Sep 16, 2010
"Well, you're partly right! The BCS is BS to the people that think college football players are ATHLETE/STUDENTS and not what they really are......STUDENT/ATHLETES!!! That makes you the one with half a brain, boy!!!

First and foremost, college football players are STUDENTS!!! Then, they are ATHLETES!!! Don't ever forget what comes first!!! But, on the other hand, you do only have half a brain. So, I would expect you not to understand!!!!!! Duhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!"

Deathvalley, you are a literally half a tard and i mean that sincerely. ease up on the trigger finger when your typin because all those exclamation points just prove how much of an idiot you are. I believe Boise State deserves their ranking and if they finish undefeated and perform major blowouts on the rest of their schedule they should be given a shot at the BCS title considering the fact that they did win the fiesta bowl last year (again) and they returned 21 of 22 starters. Plus you can't leave out the fact that Chris Peterson is a god among coaches and the NCAA knows this, hence an NCAA coach of the year award a year or two ago.
Kirkman

Maple Grove, MN

#11 Sep 19, 2010
We all know Boise State is overrated and that school produces nothing but panzies on the football field. The LSU and OK women's cross-country team could beat these morons in a football game.

Thanks for putting the Vikes on a losing streak, Ian Johnson.

What a dud.
Kirkman

Maple Grove, MN

#12 Sep 19, 2010
deathvalley wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you're partly right! The BCS is BS to the people that think college football players are ATHLETE/STUDENTS and not what they really are......STUDENT/ATHLETES!!! That makes you the one with half a brain, boy!!!
First and foremost, college football players are STUDENTS!!! Then, they are ATHLETES!!! Don't ever forget what comes first!!! But, on the other hand, you do only have half a brain. So, I would expect you not to understand!!!!!! Duhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!
They don't care . All they care about is the money. I mean, come on, you're talking about horny, lazy public sector workers, journalists and professors who waste their lives at the taxpayers money.

The whole system is loaded with humanist greed.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boise State University NCAA Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Bronco Dennis Ellis arrested (Mar '07) Dec '15 Fart news 18
News Utah State vs Boise State This Saturday (Nov '14) Nov '14 Quisnos Republic 1
News Deshawn Shead proposes to his girlfriend on the... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Los Tardos de LA 5
News Welker not thinking retiring 'at all' after con... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Flatulence Fred 17
News Boise State Broncos vs. Mississippi Rebels: Col... (Jul '14) Jul '14 BRONCONATION1960 1
News History Favors Chicago Bears With Shea McClelli... (May '14) May '14 bill4544 1
News New Boise State coach Bryan Harsin hires two ne... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Zach Ruhnow 1
More from around the web