Boise State is a JOKE.
First Prev
of 22
Next Last
I See Crazy People

Cleveland, OH

#433 Nov 29, 2010
"puffdoggy" I admit I do love the broncos but I've been a loyal fan since Boise State became Boise State really. I lived next door to John Rady and remember the 1-AA championship game like it was yesterday. I traveled to Pocatello to take their abuse when the team had about 50 fans willing to travel. I went to Moscow during their domination over Boise State which lasted an eternity. I absolutely am convinced this team can beat anyone anytime. This is one helluva program and those that don't believe they are, are missing out on a very special time in history. Besides everyone loves a winner, any town would be the same.

Well then you must hate the come and go fans like I do? Also I hate the fact that when they win all you see is blue and orange this and that and when they lose tucked tails. However I do not mind anything that boosts the local economy no matter where it is that I live. BTW I have been to games when they were not good I have been to games when they were really bad, that is when I scream the loudest. Most of my family including my mom went to BSU.

“keeping a watchful eye”

Since: Dec 06

Hwy 101

#434 Nov 29, 2010
I See Crazy People wrote:
<quoted text>
I am with you man, But as far as the Broncos go teams come and go and well so do their fans...
I totally understand your point but the difference I guess is that it's exactly what I expect. Boise State has always had a strong following locally. Now it's overblown due to their success. Very tough getting tickets these days where 10 yrs ago I would be handed free tickets. It is a big difference but That's football for ya. There will always be plenty of fair weather fans. No shortage of those in Boise.
Stony

Powell, OH

#435 Dec 4, 2010
Well, I've been a fan of Florida, OSU, the Vols and Auburn since I was a kid in the early 90s. Those teams have had their ups and downs over the last 25 years. Some have been dead last, some have come to win bowls and national championships. Point is, I'm not a bandwagon jumper. My teams have been my teams since I was a kid. BSU fans seem to only be fans when they're winning. Then they come out and say that they're the best in college football. Like I said before, I love loyalty to your football program, I'm all for that. BSU fans have this disillusioned view of everything. They know they're conference is a joke, yet they still claim it to be one of the best.

Another thing many in the college football scene can't stand is that they really don't play anybody. When they do, it's not the game that should prove their worth. Virginia Tech, Oregon in their last bowl meeting.....those mean nothing. Yeah, they were decent teams in their time, but nothing truly special. Everybody knows that but those fans who jumped back into BSU football when they started doing better.

I agree, any team can beat any team. Look at Fresno State this week, they actually pulled out quite an upset. They messed up my picks for the week. Same with Thursday's other game. Northern Illi and Illi both lost. Not very great teams, but tough teams none the less.

In BCS games, these teams that you claim you could beat play harder and generally don't lose. Look at Florida in 2008. Florida had a tough time the SEC Championship, but beat the Sooners by almost a 20 spot. The game wasn't even that great. Sooners looked like number twenty team that game at best.

People seem to complain alot about the BCS computer ranking system, BSU fans do so even more. However, without that ranking system, BSU wouldn't have been placed where they are. The BCS knows the caliber of teams BSU plays. There's no way a board would vote BSU that high every year. Thnak god for the computer in your case. Percentages off winned games really helps BSU in the rankings.

I respect BSU as far as their conference goes. Takes alot to dominate a conference. As far as matching conferences and wins between each conference, I have very little respect for BSU. Nobody plays BSU because it wouldn't really matter. Nothing gained. Nobody wants to pay to play a team that has no respect. If I were in charge at Auburn, I'd laugh if asked to schedule a game with BSU. Most probably do. I am glad that BSU will be playing Georgia either next year or the year after. Georgia is not a very good SEC team, but that would gain BSU a little respect in my book if they won that game by a comfortable margin.

No, I really do not like BSU. I actually don't like them at all outside of doing well in their conference and defeating other decent teams at best. However, I will agree that if they went to the PAC 10, Big 10, SEC or some other conference with the hype they get now, they'd be able to put together a stellar program. They have the reputation to do so. Until then, I will not agree with any BSU claims to fame. They really haven't done anything. However, I will not discount that they could some day if they got a good conference bid. Look at Nebraska, moving from the less respected Big 12 to the more respected Big 10.
Stony

Powell, OH

#436 Dec 4, 2010
Auburn is also looking like they're going to dominate the BCSNC this year. Middle of the fourth quarter in the SEC championship and winning 49 - 17. Oregon played O State and won pretty good. Auburn is playing a great SC team and dominating them. We shall see though.I have not been wrong for the last 13 BCSNC games. 100% spot on on my pick. Hopefully this year that streak isn't broken.
Big Ten

Washington, DC

#437 Dec 9, 2010
Boise State IS a joke and the whole country knows it. Put them in a conference like the Big Ten and they would battle with Minnesota for last place every year. And whats with the blue field? SERIOUSLY ?????
I See Crazy People

Cleveland, OH

#438 Dec 9, 2010
BIG TEN

I agree, and the field is blue because the players are color blind. You know what BS stands for and U stands for University.....
Big Ten

Washington, DC

#439 Dec 9, 2010
Their claim to fame is producing Quentin Mikel to the NFL. What a joke of a school.
BOISE ST SUCKS

Sussex, NJ

#440 Jul 4, 2011
boise st plays in a joke of a division and would get their ass kicked if they played a real team and kellen moore is not even that good he just beats up on people that dont know how to play and also nice blue field dumbass they dont even know what color the field is supposed to be
Joe

Fernandina Beach, FL

#441 Sep 3, 2011
Boise State is a Joke, They have 1 game a year, even in the Mountain West. Look what happened to Utah, when they were invited to the "Big People table"

PS. Boise is literally the lamest city in the USA. People there dress like 1962 just less hip
Joe

Fernandina Beach, FL

#442 Sep 3, 2011
Do Boise St. fans realize Georgia Plays #11 South Carolina next week, a 100 times more important game than your Broncos. Boise probably plays Idaho College of Potatoes or Pocatello Community College (hope I got it right, Spell check didnt even know about a word called Pocatello, Surprised it knows how to spell Boise) or Mormon College for people that cant read

Idaho is worthless except for Coeur d'Alene and Sandpoint
Joe

Fernandina Beach, FL

#443 Sep 3, 2011
Embarrassing Georgia. Last time you played these Jokers it was like 48 to nothing and the queer with the Zenith tattoo on his arm was crying..... wtf
Stumpy

Detroit, MI

#444 Sep 3, 2011
The truth is Georgia is not even a middle of the PAC SEC team. They will lose 6 games this year

Since: May 08

Location hidden

#445 Sep 5, 2011
I understand that BCS schools, especially SEC, Big 12 and PAC12 schools refuse game contracts with Boise ? They negotiate every year and every year Supposed BCS powerhouses refuse to sign a contract. However, these same schools fill their out of conference schedules with Kent state, Appalachian state, North Texas, Buffalo, Tulsa, Ball State, Temple, Akron, Eastern Michigan and on and on. To the average fan its clear. BCS powerhouses are SCARED senseless of Boise. BCS powerhouses SHOULD be lining up year after year for a shot at a tough out of conference game; forcing Boise to refuse. Boise should have an out of conference card loaded with BCS powerhouses, but they dont. Why ? Ask Georgia.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 22
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boise State Broncos NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Bronco Dennis Ellis arrested (Mar '07) Dec '15 Fart news 18
News Deshawn Shead proposes to his girlfriend on the... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Los Tardos de LA 5
Why Kellen Moore is a Future Superbowl Quarterback (Sep '14) Sep '14 Michael Strickland 1
News Welker not thinking retiring 'at all' after con... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Flatulence Fred 17
News Boise State Broncos vs. Mississippi Rebels: Col... (Jul '14) Jul '14 BRONCONATION1960 1
News History Favors Chicago Bears With Shea McClelli... (May '14) May '14 bill4544 1
News New Boise State coach Bryan Harsin hires two ne... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Zach Ruhnow 1
More from around the web