A cut above: Boise State has no trouble dispersing of Aggies

Full story: Las Cruces Sun-News

Coming in as the No. 3 team in the nation, the Boise State Broncos knew they had to win big against the New Mexico State Aggies.
Comments
1 - 20 of 91 Comments Last updated Oct 5, 2010
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Update

Burlington, NJ

#1 Oct 2, 2010
Not as bad as I thought. I had NMSU 0 Boise State 77
ESOK

Farmington, NM

#2 Oct 2, 2010
there are definitely holes in BSUs game. The Ags actually moved the ball okay for a while just had zero defense.
slcbronco

Provo, UT

#3 Oct 3, 2010
ESOK wrote:
there are definitely holes in BSUs game. The Ags actually moved the ball okay for a while just had zero defense.
Put down the pipe and step away from the crack!!
Sad Sad Sad NMSU

Las Cruces, NM

#4 Oct 3, 2010
Why doesn't NMSU just give up... Their team has sucked for years. NMSU would be better off putting the NMSU Football Money elsewhere into their education... Or Pretty much anywhere else into the university! Obviously the Football Program is not, and has not gotten any better in years! Its just a time for Local people to go out, get drunk in the parking lot, and drive away, completely intoxicated.
MaaNroll

Midland, TX

#5 Oct 3, 2010
ESOK wrote:
Clearly, you had us pressed right up against the wall all night long!
hahahaha..........
Coachchuck

Gainesville, GA

#6 Oct 3, 2010
Any chance the Aggies could beat the Lobos?
Dennis

Los Lunas, NM

#7 Oct 3, 2010
Sad Sad Sad NMSU wrote:
Why doesn't NMSU just give up... Their team has sucked for years. NMSU would be better off putting the NMSU Football Money elsewhere into their education... Or Pretty much anywhere else into the university! Obviously the Football Program is not, and has not gotten any better in years! Its just a time for Local people to go out, get drunk in the parking lot, and drive away, completely intoxicated.
Since the 60's....... How many seasons do you have to play before you realize it's time to do something else !!!!
kinz

Las Cruces, NM

#8 Oct 3, 2010
Dennis wrote:
<quoted text>
Since the 60's....... How many seasons do you have to play before you realize it's time to do something else !!!!
The senate and ASNMSU should push for a resolution saying that if the team can't go .350 or better in any of the next 5 years, then they are dropped down to div II or eliminated, whichever makes more sense at the time. It will be 100 years without a bowl game if it is let to continue, and countless dollars wasted.
AggieAlum

El Paso, TX

#9 Oct 3, 2010
19,000 people turned out to see the #3 ranked team come play the Aggies. That itself is pretty pathetic. The Aggies will never win in Las Cruces because their non-student fan base are losers. They don't support anything but a win and that makes them losers themselves.
Second, in any other program in the US, the coaches would already have been fired! Since this isn't going to happen, we might as well just sit back and watch this program lose every game and break the university each and every year. You don't think it would be smarter for us to play in I-AA and have a fighting chance.
armando

Las Cruces, NM

#10 Oct 3, 2010
ESOK wrote:
the offense was 1,2,3, and out. The defense had to be exhausted in there most of the game against a fast and powerful team. Aggies didnt move the ball, they were awful on offense. Christian is inaccurate, slow to pass and runs terrible. He was impressive in the pre-season scrimmage but I havent seen the same player since. He couldnt get the ball to his receivers, so not sure what the heck you are talking about.
NMSU Alum

Placitas, NM

#11 Oct 3, 2010
NMSU FB is a significant revenue source for the university. it doesn't matter if they lose every game for the next ten years; it doesn't matter if there is limited local support (nobody seems to like a loser). Colleges belong to conferences for a reason - revenue sharing from TV and advertising. When NMSU plays Texas in Austin, they earn lots of money for showing up - never mind the score. Those funds are used to help the minor sports and make pay salaries. NMSU needs D1 FB! And yeah it would be nice if they beat UNM.
hunkie boy

Rialto, CA

#13 Oct 3, 2010
Drop the program at the end of the season,lobos also. it is not an athletic state,save money to divert to other orograms.
Givethemabreak

Meridian, ID

#14 Oct 3, 2010
I was at a Bronco game early last year when the Broncos failed twice in a row in the red zone. Some drunken attendee started to dis them. The fan behind me shouted at him:“Never ‘boo’ our team. They’re just kids and they’re our kids.” That shut him up. I don’t think it was so much a matter of “holes” in the Boise defense early in the game but rather that the Aggies were giving 200% when the game began. They played hard all game but were clearly outclassed and nervous in this place and time. This isn’t the NFL, you know. The Aggies opened the season with an impossibly hard early schedule this year. Give credit to the Broncos but support your kids.
The Big Picture

Farmington, NM

#15 Oct 3, 2010
Look at the big picture.....stands full, NMSU made money, turkey legs are great, NMSU band is always awesome, no rain, no lightening, great tailgate party. So if the scoreboard is the only thing that determines a winner to you, then of course you are going to be a loser. Lighten up guys, life is sooooo short!
ESOK

Farmington, NM

#16 Oct 3, 2010
slcbronco wrote:
<quoted text>
Put down the pipe and step away from the crack!!
they had eleven first downs. If NMSU can get eleven first downs on them then what are the other teams on the schedule going to do? Oh wait the rest of the schedule is a cake walk.

“Close the Borders”

Since: Jun 08

Out in the County

#17 Oct 3, 2010
Holy Sh1t .... 608 yards to 208 yards.

Not withstanding the score, it just proves that the Aggies have NO BUSINESS in the WAC or Division I football.

0-4 .... what an embarrassment.
kinz

Las Cruces, NM

#18 Oct 3, 2010
NMSU Alum wrote:
NMSU FB is a significant revenue source for the university. it doesn't matter if they lose every game for the next ten years; it doesn't matter if there is limited local support (nobody seems to like a loser). Colleges belong to conferences for a reason - revenue sharing from TV and advertising. When NMSU plays Texas in Austin, they earn lots of money for showing up - never mind the score. Those funds are used to help the minor sports and make pay salaries. NMSU needs D1 FB! And yeah it would be nice if they beat UNM.
This is the first step in the cycle of lies and misleading arguments to defend football. Are you really saying the university makes a profit from the football team and that eliminating the program would mean a net loss of money for NMSU?

The next step in the cycle of lies will be some stuff about how we can't stay in the WAC without a football team. Well, the WAC isn't in a very strong position right now, and probably we could. Or we could move out.

Then there will come another crazy argument about how football increases support from alumni. Then one about city pride. Usually the last step in the poor arguments is to start the cycle all over again.

“Close the Borders”

Since: Jun 08

Out in the County

#19 Oct 3, 2010
kinz wrote:
<quoted text>
The senate and ASNMSU should push for a resolution saying that if the team can't go .350 or better in any of the next 5 years, then they are dropped down to div II or eliminated, whichever makes more sense at the time. It will be 100 years without a bowl game if it is let to continue, and countless dollars wasted.
Better yet, at the end of the season, let the Aggies play with winner of the Las Cruces High v. Mayfield High game. If the high schoolers win, the Aggies MUST immediately apply for DivII status. Otherwise, your plan takes effect.
Michael L Hays

Las Cruces, NM

#20 Oct 3, 2010
Last Thursday, I interviewed President Courture about the transfer of funds from the academic to the athletic budget. The optics are not good, but I came away convinced that the transfer was on the up-and-up, and should have been known (and thus no surprise) to longer-term residents than I am. However, the argument that life in a higher-level football division attracts favorable attention to NMSU is, I think, belied by consistently poor and unappealing performances on the field. Being in the WAC may have ancillary, academic benefits, but these accrue to membership in any league, not necessarily a higher-level football division. Notre Dame does just fine in this academic respect as an independent.
Why

Las Cruces, NM

#21 Oct 3, 2010
Why are we paying the coach so much if he cant even when a game the Aggies are a embarrassment.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boise State Broncos NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Welker not thinking retiring 'at all' after con... Aug 27 Flatulence Fred 17
Boise State Broncos vs. Mississippi Rebels: Col... Jul '14 BRONCONATION1960 1
History Favors Chicago Bears With Shea McClelli... May '14 bill4544 1
New Boise State coach Bryan Harsin hires two ne... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Zach Ruhnow 1
Petersen leaving Boise State for Washington (Dec '13) Dec '13 ART DECO MAN 2
Former Oregon TE Colt Lyerla arrested for cocaine (Oct '13) Oct '13 AdaughtersDad 1
Wisconsin Football: Would Boise State's Chris P... (Dec '12) Dec '12 Snead 1
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Boise State Broncos NCAA Football People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••