Heisman Trophy: Newton a runaway winn...

Heisman Trophy: Newton a runaway winner | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 15 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Dec 12, 2010, titled Heisman Trophy: Newton a runaway winner | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Cam Newton won the Heisman Trophy. As if there was any doubt. Whether he gets to keep it is still to be determined.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Lest We Forget

Dublin, OH

#1 Dec 12, 2010
Before OSU fans start criticizing Cam Newton, keep in mind that Troy Smith had significant transgressions. Cam Newton seems tainted, and likely will be exposed with time. Nonetheless, An OSU booster paid Troy Smith, and he admitted accepting the cash. Do you really think he would have volunteered his guilt without the someone else exposing the truth? His transgression was quickly glossed over in the hype that is the Big Ten, ESPN and college football marketing. So, before the insults and derision commence, look in the mirror.
Stuck in the Stone Age

Griffin, GA

#2 Dec 12, 2010
Lest We Forget wrote:
Before OSU fans start criticizing Cam Newton, keep in mind that Troy Smith had significant transgressions. Cam Newton seems tainted, and likely will be exposed with time. Nonetheless, An OSU booster paid Troy Smith, and he admitted accepting the cash. Do you really think he would have volunteered his guilt without the someone else exposing the truth? His transgression was quickly glossed over in the hype that is the Big Ten, ESPN and college football marketing. So, before the insults and derision commence, look in the mirror.
$500 vs tens of thousands of dollars. One acknowledged his wrongdoing and was rightfully punished, while the other hides behind written-for-him speeches and Auburn administration and family stone-walling. Your comparison is ludicrous, jackwagon.
osbuck

Clermont, FL

#3 Dec 12, 2010
The Cam Newton story just leaves me feeling more than a little dirty. I am an avid college football fan and used to play a little, I didn't even watch the Heisman show because of the Newton situation. I mean getting paid is either okay or not, it's pretty simple to me, and if it's not, then what was Newton doing on that stage?
Lest We Forget

Dublin, OH

#4 Dec 12, 2010
Stuck in the Stone Age wrote:
<quoted text>
$500 vs tens of thousands of dollars. One acknowledged his wrongdoing and was rightfully punished, while the other hides behind written-for-him speeches and Auburn administration and family stone-walling. Your comparison is ludicrous, jackwagon.
Hey, you're either pregnant or your not. Even an admitted cheater is what he is.
Lest We Forget

Dublin, OH

#5 Dec 12, 2010
Sorry, I meant "you're", not "your".
Stuck in the Stone Age

Griffin, GA

#6 Dec 12, 2010
Lest We Forget wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, you're either pregnant or your not. Even an admitted cheater is what he is.
And that's not the issue: it's whether or not he has admitted his wrongdoing and has shown remorse and been appropriately punished for it. Troy was, Cam hasn't been (yet). Not that difficult to comprehend. Compare to Reggie Bush, who didn't admit wrongdoing and has had to--since the cash payments he and his family received from agent Lake et al came to light--give back his Heisman. I expect the same to happen for Cam eventually. I guess it must give the award street cred by giving it to players who are above the rules and break them. Cam doesn't care, his parents don't, Gene Chizik doesn't, Auburn's administration and fans don't, and apparently, you don't. It'd be interesting to see the lifestyle you and yours lead fwiw..........
Dude

Monroe, NC

#7 Dec 12, 2010
MR. S.I.T.S.A. lest we forget.
Troy Smith paid the price because of $500. He and OSU was punished before the awards.

Mr. C. Newton, without a doubt is a very good football player. But, as we know, no not voted the bewt QB. That's fine with me a good football player cannot be every thing. Honesty would help tho.
Next, it seems as if scandals, or rumors of scandals seem to follow Mr. C. Newton around.

Now Mr. S.I.T.S.A. writing from the Atlanta, GA area tells me you are an SEC Fan. Even tho you envade our posts you are entitled to your opinion.

Here's the problem: You can only pick on one person who made a MINOR mistake (and paid the price) years ago and continue to HARP on that as you have no other source to fall back on.

Sir. The SEC has been a piece of scandal since its conception and most of its fans have been brain washed to the effect...WIN AT ANY COST.....

ESPN GOT C. NEWTON THE AWARD. BUT, NOT AS THEY WISHED... There were 105 voters who knew what the word INTEGRITY stands for and two others that deserved the award as much as Mr. C. Newton. Remember, ESPN predicted the most votes every for Mr. C. NEWTON. It didn't happen. If there was a scandal involved, a person should not have been considered.
Don't believe me? Read what the ones considered for the Heisman Tropy are supposed to stand for.
The other big conferences rebelled on the SEC and NCAA'S decision. NOW, the NCAA is trying to white wash the affair. If Mr. C. Newton is found guilty ESPN will be the FIRST to bash him. They have a reputation to up hold with the SEC.
NOW SIR. IF YOU DON'T LIKE OUR OPINIONS, STAY OFF OUR SITE and we won't envade yours. Lest also remember, ESPN has its future tied up in the SEC.
To me, this subject is labeled ESPN POLITICAL and is closed.

“LSU, 2012 BCS NATIONAL CHAMPS!”

Since: Jun 10

Bama & USC r both going down!!

#8 Dec 12, 2010
It's a travesty to see the Heisman become so meaningless that even a $CAM Newton could $CAM his way to get it!!!!!!!!!! Cam is a $CAM!!!!!!!!!!

“LSU, 2012 BCS NATIONAL CHAMPS!”

Since: Jun 10

Bama & USC r both going down!!

#9 Dec 12, 2010
$CAM is a cheater; and cheaters never prosper!!!!!!!!!! lol

“The One, The True”

Since: Dec 09

Creation

#10 Dec 12, 2010
osbuck wrote:
The Cam Newton story just leaves me feeling more than a little dirty. I am an avid college football fan and used to play a little, I didn't even watch the Heisman show because of the Newton situation. I mean getting paid is either okay or not, it's pretty simple to me, and if it's not, then what was Newton doing on that stage?
Do you really think this crap doesn't go on here? Jim Tressel is as shady as they come. Take a look at the things he orchestrated at YSU. Players were getting paid, grades were being fixed and a few of Tressel's players got caught up in a federal investigation. His top booster, Mickey Monus, went to federal prison and admitted to the feds that he paid players because Tressel asked him to.

Do you think that doesn't go on now?

Do me a favor. Go hang out on campus. Watch the players cruise into campus in cars that you know they can't afford. Check out the apartments they live in. Do you think the housing stipend they get is enough to cover a $1200 per month apartment?

It wasn't just $500 to Troy Smith and then the Maurice Clarette fiasco, this is SOP, baby. Tressel just got really good at hiding his nonsense.

Is Cam Newton dirty? Hells yeah, but no more so than every other top recruit and the coaches they play for.

“The One, The True”

Since: Dec 09

Creation

#11 Dec 12, 2010
deathvalley wrote:
While the truckload of awards he picked up aren't going to secure his finances beyond a few free dinners, Cam Newton's future signing bonus is sure to be hefty.
Anonymous

Columbus, OH

#12 Dec 12, 2010
Stuck in the Stone Age wrote:
<quoted text>
So, in your eyes, since it was ONLY $500, it was ok? Typical sucknut fan. The rule is the rule...for me it is even more simple: take the cash, like SMith did in the pay for play system at sucknut U, you should be booted off the team, made to pay your scholarship back and banned from all NCAA sports.$500 or "tens of thousands of dollars."

Please take off your puke red and gray glasses and see things straight!!!
Big T

Grove City, OH

#13 Dec 12, 2010
The GOD wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think this crap doesn't go on here? Jim Tressel is as shady as they come. Take a look at the things he orchestrated at YSU. Players were getting paid, grades were being fixed and a few of Tressel's players got caught up in a federal investigation. His top booster, Mickey Monus, went to federal prison and admitted to the feds that he paid players because Tressel asked him to.
Do you think that doesn't go on now?
Do me a favor. Go hang out on campus. Watch the players cruise into campus in cars that you know they can't afford. Check out the apartments they live in. Do you think the housing stipend they get is enough to cover a $1200 per month apartment?
It wasn't just $500 to Troy Smith and then the Maurice Clarette fiasco, this is SOP, baby. Tressel just got really good at hiding his nonsense.
Is Cam Newton dirty? Hells yeah, but no more so than every other top recruit and the coaches they play for.
I've known what you typed for years.That is why I chuckle at fuzzy nutz fans that thing he is as pure as the wind driven snow.Didn't a poor Buckeye from the hood get a DUI in a $75,000 Escalade a year or two ago.I think it was Doug Worthington.I wonder how many college kids can afford a new Esky on 24's.
Anonymous

Columbus, OH

#14 Dec 12, 2010
deathvalley wrote:
Thats right..look at Troy Smith..he plays for worst team in the NFL!!!!!! Maurice Clarett plays for some little league football team.....and the list goes on...looks like the fans of the sucknut u do nto have to look to far to find cheaters!!!

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#15 Dec 12, 2010
deathvalley wrote:
Me and Reggie did, nanny, nanny, nanny..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boise State Broncos NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Deshawn Shead proposes to his girlfriend on the... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Los Tardos de LA 5
Why Kellen Moore is a Future Superbowl Quarterback (Sep '14) Sep '14 Michael Strickland 1
News Welker not thinking retiring 'at all' after con... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Flatulence Fred 17
News Boise State Broncos vs. Mississippi Rebels: Col... (Jul '14) Jul '14 BRONCONATION1960 1
News History Favors Chicago Bears With Shea McClelli... (May '14) May '14 bill4544 1
News New Boise State coach Bryan Harsin hires two ne... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Zach Ruhnow 1
News Petersen leaving Boise State for Washington (Dec '13) Dec '13 ART DECO MAN 2
More from around the web