Newton didn't get this Heisman vote -...

Newton didn't get this Heisman vote - Sentinel & Enterprise

There are 8 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Dec 11, 2010, titled Newton didn't get this Heisman vote - Sentinel & Enterprise. In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

Cam Newton is the best player in college football. I just couldn't vote for him to win the Heisman.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

Mike Pierce

Birmingham, AL

#1 Dec 11, 2010
It seems you have chosen the road less traveled. A road where honor integrity and respect mean something. You may be vilified in places but that is part of the process.
Dianne

Fitchburg, MA

#2 Dec 11, 2010
If you vote for the best athlete and the player that makes the biggest difference to his team, Cam Newton wins hands down. That should be the only thing that matters. His ability should be what you vote for and not innuendos and heresay.
Rob Henderson

Columbus, GA

#3 Dec 11, 2010
Dianne, that is NOT the only thing that matters. If Cameron Newton or Cecil Newton broke any NCAA rules (which they did, by Newton's father attempting to represent him to a school for compensation) then Cameron Newton is no longer eligible for the award. Rules separate us from animals, and they should be upheld.
Mike Pierce

Birmingham, AL

#4 Dec 11, 2010
Dianne wrote:
If you vote for the best athlete and the player that makes the biggest difference to his team, Cam Newton wins hands down. That should be the only thing that matters. His ability should be what you vote for and not innuendos and heresay.
I respectfully disagree. That's why Pete Rose and many others aren't in the baseball hall of fame. They lacked the integrity that should go along with such awards of distinction. I agree that he is a gfted athlete and, for this year, was hands down the best college football athlete. I do not agree that he should be awarded honor such as this. Sorry, it is the pennance he should pay. He will be a millionaire next year. That is reward enough for a one year wonder.
big Mike

Miami, FL

#5 Dec 12, 2010
Mike & Rob I sure hope you want be judge on your self rightousness. Last time I check all have sin.
Matt

De Pere, WI

#6 Dec 12, 2010
Really! Appears the rules were followed and Newton was ruled eligible--seems to me the wrongs were corrected. However, by your standard, once ineligible and no matter the rules were followed for reinstatement, you decide that Newton is permanently ineligible. What an unfair conscience you have...

“YO BOO”

Since: Sep 07

land of BOO

#7 Dec 13, 2010
Mike Pierce wrote:
<quoted text>
I respectfully disagree. That's why Pete Rose and many others aren't in the baseball hall of fame. They lacked the integrity that should go along with such awards of distinction. I agree that he is a gfted athlete and, for this year, was hands down the best college football athlete. I do not agree that he should be awarded honor such as this. Sorry, it is the pennance he should pay. He will be a millionaire next year. That is reward enough for a one year wonder.
Mike did you know a Randy Mc from your town? back in the day !!! his wife & maybe your wife where childhood friends??????
big guy

Anniston, AL

#8 Dec 13, 2010
don't buy the lie

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boise State Broncos NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Bronco Dennis Ellis arrested (Mar '07) Dec '15 Fart news 18
News Deshawn Shead proposes to his girlfriend on the... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Los Tardos de LA 5
Why Kellen Moore is a Future Superbowl Quarterback (Sep '14) Sep '14 Michael Strickland 1
News Welker not thinking retiring 'at all' after con... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Flatulence Fred 17
News Boise State Broncos vs. Mississippi Rebels: Col... (Jul '14) Jul '14 BRONCONATION1960 1
News History Favors Chicago Bears With Shea McClelli... (May '14) May '14 bill4544 1
News New Boise State coach Bryan Harsin hires two ne... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Zach Ruhnow 1
More from around the web