First BCS standings sure to incite fans

First BCS standings sure to incite fans

There are 14 comments on the El Paso Times story from Oct 15, 2010, titled First BCS standings sure to incite fans. In it, El Paso Times reports that:

In Boise, BCS might as well be four letters. The Broncos of Boise State don't like hearing about it, don't like talking about it and don't like thinking about it.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at El Paso Times.

Whoa

El Paso, TX

#1 Oct 15, 2010
Computer votes? That does not determine the hard work on the football field the players give. Get the top 8 teams and have a playoff for the top two and see who is the best of the best. Screw the coaches and these votes!
David

AOL

#2 Oct 15, 2010
Get your story straight. Boise was unofficially predicted to be #1 as of last Sunday. There are games to be played this weekend before the first official standings are posted on Suday evening.
NMSU

El Paso, TX

#3 Oct 15, 2010
Go Boise St.!!
Go UTAH Utes! Go TCU! Go Air Force! Go Nevada!! Get it?
DKD

Mosheim, TN

#4 Oct 15, 2010
I get it. The best thing that could happen would be to have 4-5 non-BCS teams as the only undefeateds at the end of season. Also, by some miracle, the Big 10 and SEC would be left out of the title game.
pharoe

Los Angeles, CA

#5 Oct 15, 2010
everytime i hear about this bcs cr-p it just p-sses me off to no end. why can we not have a 16 team playoff system and incorporate the existing bowl games as the venues? then all the bowl games would have a value and not just the title game. not to mention that most of the time at least two deserving teams get left out. the college presidents will not budge when it comes to a playoff system, and all their lame duck excuses are a bunch of cr-p. why does basketball have a 64 team playoff? imagine if we picked the top two teams in the nfl by computer stats to go to the superbowl how st-pid would that be, just as st-pid as the current bcs fiasco.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#6 Oct 15, 2010
pharoe wrote:
everytime i hear about this bcs cr-p it just p-sses me off to no end. why can we not have a 16 team playoff system and incorporate the existing bowl games as the venues? then all the bowl games would have a value and not just the title game. not to mention that most of the time at least two deserving teams get left out. the college presidents will not budge when it comes to a playoff system, and all their lame duck excuses are a bunch of cr-p. why does basketball have a 64 team playoff? imagine if we picked the top two teams in the nfl by computer stats to go to the superbowl how st-pid would that be, just as st-pid as the current bcs fiasco.
No way !!!

If not for the great payout we got for all of our BSC games, we wouldn't have been ale to pay the players and their parents their just due. I love the system, except in 2003 I got jobbed.

FIGHT ON !!
Deerhunter

Cleveland, GA

#7 Oct 15, 2010
pharoe wrote:
How are we going to pick the 16 teams fairly, 17,18, 19 teams might than number 16, just pick anybody vs the SEC winner...About as fair as it gets...
Roll Tide

El Paso, TX

#8 Oct 15, 2010
Roll Tide
Roll Tide

El Paso, TX

#10 Oct 15, 2010
Boise has been playing nobodies. The SEC is so much better of a conference.
Roll Tide

El Paso, TX

#11 Oct 15, 2010
There will always be a sec in ther championship game so just get over it yall losers
ncaashouldtakeco ntrol

United States

#13 Oct 15, 2010
I'm a long time opposer to the BCS system, I believe there's no doubt that year after year deserving teams are left out and because of the nature of college sports we will never ever get a chance to see who the best really is from previous years, graduations etc... Being one who hates and for a several years now has boycotted watching the "national title game" because of what it stands for, lobbying and monopolizing money to major conferences, I have a different stance this year. I believe in sportsmanship and disagree with the Bob Stoops school of thought of running up the score, however this year in support of wanting to see the BCS have to surrender to a non BCS conference I'll change my stance, Coach Petersen, RUN UP THE SCORE ON YOUR WAC OPPONENTS!!! I dont believe in bullying but the BCS committee has the audacity to consider itself a legitimate "national title" awarding entity but they leave other undefeated teams out there year after year. They actually use computers to help them determine who deserves a one time shot at a game that will call the winner "National Champs" not to take anything away from Florida, Alabama, and other winners, but im sure BSU 2007, Utah 2006 and BSU 2009 have something to be said about who the best was that year. Since the committee lets computers do their dirty work, I encourage you to score the 100 points on your opponents that we know you're capable of, had an opportunity to BSU this year, the style points might have the weight to tip the scales in your direction. NCAA has spinelessly turned control over to the BCS committee, only sport by the way that doesnt have a sanctioned procedure in place for college athletics, and the committee has taken this scooter on a hundreds of millions of dollars ride. I love college football but HATE what has been done to it.
build it

El Paso, TX

#14 Oct 15, 2010
The BCS has adopted the same mentallity as Wall Street. Greed, pure & simple. Boise St. and the likes could play a tougher schedule, remain unbeaten, and they still would not make it to the faux championship. The pimps won't allow it.
David

AOL

#15 Oct 15, 2010
Forget the playoff system. It's dead in the water. The Bowl System is very profitable for all the schools. Keep in mind that a portion of bowl teams proceeds is shared with the rest of the conference.
Boise St National Champs

San Jose, CA

#16 Oct 18, 2010
Boise State National Champions! When it's all said and done Boise will be National Champs. Get your Boise State National Champion poster now:
http://www.davidmeyer.com/

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Boise State Broncos NCAA Football Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Former Bronco Dennis Ellis arrested (Mar '07) Dec '15 Fart news 18
News Deshawn Shead proposes to his girlfriend on the... (Sep '14) Sep '14 Los Tardos de LA 5
Why Kellen Moore is a Future Superbowl Quarterback (Sep '14) Sep '14 Michael Strickland 1
News Welker not thinking retiring 'at all' after con... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Flatulence Fred 17
News Boise State Broncos vs. Mississippi Rebels: Col... (Jul '14) Jul '14 BRONCONATION1960 1
News History Favors Chicago Bears With Shea McClelli... (May '14) May '14 bill4544 1
News New Boise State coach Bryan Harsin hires two ne... (Dec '13) Dec '13 Zach Ruhnow 1
More from around the web