Bob Knight Steps Down at Texas Tech

Full story: WLTX Columbia

Bob Knight has been pacing, yelling, teaching and winning from college basketball sidelines since 1965.
Comments
1 - 8 of 8 Comments Last updated Feb 5, 2008
copperlady

Elgin, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2008

Thank God! I was sick and tired of seeing his angry face always yelling and screaming, and throwing chairs. He acted like a big, OLD, fat kid! Go home, get a rocking chair, take chill pill, and RELAX! Other people can now relax too.
BillyBob

Swansea, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2008

copperlady wrote:
Thank God! I was sick and tired of seeing his angry face always yelling and screaming, and throwing chairs. He acted like a big, OLD, fat kid! Go home, get a rocking chair, take chill pill, and RELAX! Other people can now relax too.
Copperlady, if you read stories about him, you will find there is so much more than what the media tells. Do you know that he actually paid for one of his players to finish college after his eligibility was up. The man wrote a check for that boy's final year of tuition, books, fees, everything. To listen to the athletes tell it, he was not just a coach ,but a father to many of them. Yes, he had his run-ins with some of them, but you need to read some books on what he did for these guys and how he prepared them for life.
underhay

Chapin, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2008

i will miss bob knight!
welderman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2008

The gamecocks are looking for a coach.
Chuck

Florence, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2008

Like many others, I thought someday he would simply spontaneous combust. Seriously, he was the first coach or player I remember to act like a complete jerk, the poster boy for poor sportsmanship. Hope he has a nice retirement.

“Snowman, you got your ears on?”

Since: May 07

"Eastbound & Down"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2008

Chuck wrote:
Like many others, I thought someday he would simply spontaneous combust. Seriously, he was the first coach or player I remember to act like a complete jerk, the poster boy for poor sportsmanship. Hope he has a nice retirement.
Yeah well that poster boy is the best coach in college basketball history. 902 wins. Yeah i'm sure you could have done better. The man was a genious on the court.
Chuck

Florence, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2008

We agree on that. He was a genious on the court.
underhay

Lexington, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 5, 2008

bob knight graduates his players, too.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Baylor Bears NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the Baylor Bears NCAA Basketball Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) 6 hr Robert Z 278
Profiling: Perry Jones III (Jun '12) Jun '12 ron 2
Longhorns have no plans to schedule Aggies in f... (Oct '11) Oct '11 D Dedwylder 1
Perry Jones vs. Terrence Jones: Who Will Be the... (Sep '11) Oct '11 robert brink 4
Pistons likely to look at big man with 7th pick... (Jun '10) Jun '10 Tiffany 2
Elite Eight: Duke, Coach K back in Final Four (Mar '10) Mar '10 triple6vamp 4
Duke, Coach K back in Final Four (Mar '10) Mar '10 blablabla 3
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••