Bob Knight Resigns From Texas Tech

Bob Knight Resigns From Texas Tech

There are 156 comments on the CBS 2 - KCAL 9 story from Feb 4, 2008, titled Bob Knight Resigns From Texas Tech. In it, CBS 2 - KCAL 9 reports that:

Bob Knight resigned Monday at Texas Tech, a stunning midseason move by the winningest men's coach in major college basketball.

Known as much for his fiery temper as his basketball brilliance, Knight gave no hint a change was coming. He will be replaced by his son, Pat, a Red Raiders assistant.

Chris Cook, a spokesman for athletic director Gerald Myers, confirmed the resignation, which was first reported by the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal.

In September, Knight signed a three-year contract extension that runs through the 2011-12 season. In 2005, Pat Knight was appointed his father's successor. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS 2 - KCAL 9.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last

“Vote or "Shutup"”

Since: Sep 07

Spokane, WA

#148 Feb 13, 2008
nubbins b fairlygood wrote:
<quoted text>
well, i beg to differ, i find it hard to believe that the air force lowers their standards... if i didn't see proof, i would never believe it. i might believe it about the army.
you previously wrote you saw many cases of sexual harrassment by females and hardly ever by men in the military, surely you had that backwards, didn't you?
"nubbins b fairly good"

"Big Dan", he has everything backwards.
Peace

“Crazy Cat Ladies Rule!”

Since: Aug 07

Somewhere Over the Rainbow

#149 Feb 13, 2008
I think they are basically very similar but I have formed an impression through time and experience. My view of the services in order of demand for quality/higher qualifications...

Navy
Airforce
Marines
Army

(If you disagree please don't blow a circuit...remember it's MY impression. You are more than welcome to your own.)

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Since: Dec 06

Cleveland, Ms,

#150 Feb 13, 2008
nubbins b fairlygood wrote:
<quoted text>
well, i beg to differ, i find it hard to believe that the air force lowers their standards... if i didn't see proof, i would never believe it. i might believe it about the army.
you previously wrote you saw many cases of sexual harrassment by females and hardly ever by men in the military, surely you had that backwards, didn't you?
No i didn't have it backwards, I was actually sexually Harrassed by my LPO. She was bad about it. I didn't turn her in though, I enjoyed the BJ. She was written up a couple of times but nothing was ever done. On the other hand I seen a guy with 18 and a half years of service dishonorably discharged because of a lie. I say it was a lie because she admitted it to me and when I took that forward nothing was done to reverse it. It was common for young women to just say "sexual harrassment" or threaten it when they were told to do something that they didn't want to or asigned somewhere they didn't want to be. So usually what happened was a guy that was senior ended up doing a job that someone Jr. should have been doing. Then there is the whole social promotion thing. I was passed over in 94 for OCS and a female with lower evals, SAT and advancement scores got the Billet. She had even been to Captains Mass the year before. I love my time in the Military but once "Pass the Cigar" Clinton(here he was sexually harrassing, yet hammering senior military members for lessor) started running things, it became a big social experiment. You don't experiment with the military. The is a reason things are done the way they are done, it is because tried a true methods should only be trusted.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#151 Feb 13, 2008
Easy Ed wrote:
<quoted text>
"nubbins b fairly good"
"Big Dan", he has everything backwards.
Peace
the probably with society today is that we have girly men like you around. Always agreeing with women, even when they are wrong. You are obviously a follower.

“Vote or "Shutup"”

Spokane, WA

#152 Feb 13, 2008
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
the probably with society today is that we have girly men like you around. Always agreeing with women, even when they are wrong. You are obviously a follower.
"Big Dan"
Thank and admire you for your service. Sorry you had disappointments.
I Spent some tine in the military, just a grunt. Great expearience. Finished serving, finished college and in tine became a sales manager. My expearience both males and females are quilty of "sexual harrassment" but it's far more likely males are the perpetrators.
Look in the mirroe you may see a "girly man"!!! my life has been blessed by wonderful females, my wife of nearly 44 years. We are partners, neither followers, we communicate and come to an agreement. Niether of us tries to dominate. Thats bad? That makes me a "girly man"? Also have 2 daughters and 4 grandaughters great folks.
By your posts I would guess, and it is only a guess, females are a problem for you. For me females are a boon.
Peace

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#153 Feb 13, 2008
Easy Ed wrote:
<quoted text>
"Big Dan"
Thank and admire you for your service. Sorry you had disappointments.
I Spent some tine in the military, just a grunt. Great expearience. Finished serving, finished college and in tine became a sales manager. My expearience both males and females are quilty of "sexual harrassment" but it's far more likely males are the perpetrators.
Look in the mirroe you may see a "girly man"!!! my life has been blessed by wonderful females, my wife of nearly 44 years. We are partners, neither followers, we communicate and come to an agreement. Niether of us tries to dominate. Thats bad? That makes me a "girly man"? Also have 2 daughters and 4 grandaughters great folks.
By your posts I would guess, and it is only a guess, females are a problem for you. For me females are a boon.
Peace
Oh I rather enjoy females, I will be enjoying a new one tonight. I just hope she doesn't try to stay the whole night.

“Vote or "Shutup"”

Spokane, WA

#154 Feb 13, 2008
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh I rather enjoy females, I will be enjoying a new one tonight. I just hope she doesn't try to stay the whole night.
"Big Dan"
A female stay all night with you? Only in your dreams.
Peace

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#155 Feb 13, 2008
Easy Ed wrote:
<quoted text>
"Big Dan"
Peace
lol, I am sure the only one who will be dreaming is her and it will be about me.....it always happens that way.....you see easy lover, I figured something out when I was young, the more you don't give a shit, the more they do. I will say that I am happy for you to have found what you were looking for, we are just looking for 2 different things.

“Vote or "Shutup"”

Spokane, WA

#156 Feb 13, 2008
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
lol, I am sure the only one who will be dreaming is her and it will be about me.....it always happens that way.....you see easy lover, I figured something out when I was young, the more you don't give a shit, the more they do. I will say that I am happy for you to have found what you were looking for, we are just looking for 2 different things.
"Big Dan"
You dream big!!!

You do not give a shit. Is that why your bulletin board says "something smells funny"?
It seems like the "studs" with the biggest mouths get little and eat the most shit. They brag/lie a lot about their conquests and succeed nowhere.
Enjoy your dreams, they are probobly better than nothing.
Peace

“Crazy Cat Ladies Rule!”

#157 Feb 14, 2008
Easy Ed wrote:
"Big Dan"
Peace
Oh, now Ed don't be so hard on Dan...she'll stay the night if he keeps her away from sharp objects and has the tire pump handy.

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#158 Feb 14, 2008
BeeCee wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, now Ed don't be so hard on Dan...she'll stay the night if he keeps her away from sharp objects and has the tire pump handy.
Now thats funny. Keep up the good work

“Vote or "Shutup"”

Spokane, WA

#159 Feb 14, 2008
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
Now thats funny. Keep up the good work
BeeCee,

Good job, I think you hit a sore spot.

Peace

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#160 Feb 14, 2008
Easy Ed wrote:
<quoted text>
BeeCee,
Good job, I think you hit a sore spot.
Peace
No, I thought it was a great line. There are no sore spots on here. Ya can't take anything seriously. I just enjoy the argument.

“Vote or "Shutup"”

Spokane, WA

#161 Feb 14, 2008
BigDan wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I thought it was a great line. There are no sore spots on here. Ya can't take anything seriously. I just enjoy the argument.
"BigDan",

We are on a different page, but you are A - Okay. I don't think we are on the same page but thats cool.
Go Irish, Yes!! But, I am more in to go "ZAGS"!!
Have a great day!!
Peace

“Crazy Cat Ladies Rule!”

#162 Feb 15, 2008
BigDan wrote:
Now there you went and made me think you are an alright guy. You're right about not taking this place seriously - I was thinking earlier this morning that if everyone from Topix showed up in one place armed to the teeth it would be like a war scene from Braveheart. LOL!

“SEC = Bandwagon”

Cleveland, Ms,

#163 Feb 15, 2008
BeeCee wrote:
<quoted text>Now there you went and made me think you are an alright guy. You're right about not taking this place seriously - I was thinking earlier this morning that if everyone from Topix showed up in one place armed to the teeth it would be like a war scene from Braveheart. LOL!
Most would be a lot less confrontational on here. Probably not me, I can be charming at times but I think I am a jerk deep down. Then again, I might be making up crap....that is the beauty of it all. To be honest I am honest, that is my biggest fault.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baylor Bears NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) May '16 Idiots 285
News Profiling: Perry Jones III (Jun '12) Jun '12 ron 2
News Longhorns have no plans to schedule Aggies in f... (Oct '11) Oct '11 D Dedwylder 1
News Perry Jones vs. Terrence Jones: Who Will Be the... (Sep '11) Oct '11 robert brink 4
News Pistons likely to look at big man with 7th pick... (Jun '10) Jun '10 Tiffany 2
News Elite Eight: Duke, Coach K back in Final Four (Mar '10) Mar '10 triple6vamp 4
News Duke, Coach K back in Final Four (Mar '10) Mar '10 blablabla 3
More from around the web