UConn Scores Big -- Courant.com

UConn Scores Big -- Courant.com

There are 18 comments on the Hartford Courant story from Aug 28, 2007, titled UConn Scores Big -- Courant.com. In it, Hartford Courant reports that:

It has been three seasons since the UConn women have won a national basketball championship or played in the Final Four, a minor setback for a program with five national championships since 1995.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hartford Courant.

JCP

Meriden, CT

#1 Aug 28, 2007
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

Ms. Delle Donee - I hope you're reading this. You have made a wonderful decision. You now have a family, tens of thousands strong, who will be there with you every step of the way, cheering wildly, filling every seat, loving and supporting you with every fiber of their being!

You'll come to appreciate how important women's basketball is in this state. It is sacred. The UConn women's team are the daughters of the State of Connecticut. My father, whose dying gift was the 2002 Championship, would have done cartwheels at this news!

WELCOME, WELCOME, WELCOME!!!!!

Bring on the Midnight Madness!!!!!
Alex

New York, NY

#2 Aug 28, 2007
The Delle Donne's seem like a wonderful family. I can't imagine how tough the recruiting process must be to go through, especially when you're as coveted at Elena is.

A friend of mine has seen both Maya and Elena play in person and raves about them both.

“Ignat”

Since: Jun 07

The world and beyond

#3 Aug 28, 2007
Alex wrote:
The Delle Donne's seem like a wonderful family. I can't imagine how tough the recruiting process must be to go through, especially when you're as coveted at Elena is.
A friend of mine has seen both Maya and Elena play in person and raves about them both.
YES...SSSS!!!! Oh! My God. Fantastic. Let's Go Huskies
huskies rule

Simsbury, CT

#4 Aug 28, 2007
This is great news, and I guess we can assume that now Pat Summit will refuse to play UConn ever again - even forfeiting possible ncaa matchups. Sour, sour grapes from ole rocky top. I thought Coach Summit had more class than she has shown lately.
Kramer

Elmhurst, IL

#5 Aug 28, 2007
Is she hot?? I'll watch and attend some games if she's a looker... UCONN hasn't been the same since Sue Bird left.. man she SMOKED!!!
Heard this Before

Hartford, CT

#6 Aug 28, 2007
Don't make your championship reservations just yet. Somehow Geno will find a way to screw up a perfectly great looking recruiting class!!! He'll beat them so far into repression, all they'll try to do is find answers to problems they didn't have, if he had just let them play!!!
DOGMA

Newington, CT

#7 Aug 28, 2007
This is considerably great news for the legions of Uconn Basketball fans. Elena may very well become as much a household name as Diana. It is time to renew the dynasty once more ....... just as it should be.
John

Meriden, CT

#8 Aug 28, 2007
C'mon Kramer. Geez. I think of these ladies like daughters or sisters. Is she "hot?" I don't know, but she looks pretty driving the lane in the picture above. The curves I'm concerned with are the arc on her jumpshot. If its anything like DT's, then hell yeah, she's HOT!
Josh

AOL

#9 Aug 28, 2007
Pat can now go back to beating around the bush. Anoother recruit lost to UCONN.
ok then

Manchester, CT

#10 Aug 28, 2007
Cool stuff, seems if these players all gel, this will be a nice run.
Jobie

Houston, TX

#12 Aug 28, 2007
OK, this is more like it. Best story on Elena Delledonne's commitment to UConn yet. Thanks John. A day later and I'm still pumped about the news, but won't be content until we get Elena's name down on paper.
Steven Harris

Hartford, CT

#13 Aug 28, 2007
Great news, brings back visions of the class of cash, bird, williams, jones. GO HUSKIES.
BigUconnfan

Falls Church, VA

#14 Aug 28, 2007
Kramer I think you are too short for her, anyway at least she's a good player. How can those short guard stop her? We'll never see a guard this big anymore. No disrepect for Diana or Maya, but Uconn caught a big one. I think she'll come out as the best Uconn player ever.
FREDDY KOOL

Palm Coast, FL

#15 Aug 28, 2007
I'M IN UCONN HEAVEN........
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOW!
Crookville

Hartford, CT

#16 Aug 29, 2007
Kramer wrote:
Is she hot?? I'll watch and attend some games if she's a looker... UCONN hasn't been the same since Sue Bird left.. man she SMOKED!!!
Can you say perv? If your a day over 20 you're a perv! I hope you dont fly to Ct. stalking people!
FREDDY KOOL

Palm Coast, FL

#17 Aug 29, 2007
SUPERFRAGILISTEXPIALODOSHUS
ct yankee

Northford, CT

#18 Aug 29, 2007
Kramer wrote:
JERK!!!
Blueuconnman

Seattle, WA

#19 Aug 29, 2007
Yes! Its great to see uconn women land elena dd and heather buck to go with Carolina doty and tiffany hayes.Uconn women will be ready to dominate again.Plus uconn women have landed the top recruit 3 straight years now and not tennessee.Go Uconn!Take care all!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Baylor Bears NCAA Basketball Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Apr '17 Allycat1999 290
News Profiling: Perry Jones III (Jun '12) Jun '12 ron 2
News Longhorns have no plans to schedule Aggies in f... (Oct '11) Oct '11 D Dedwylder 1
News Perry Jones vs. Terrence Jones: Who Will Be the... (Sep '11) Oct '11 robert brink 4
News Pistons likely to look at big man with 7th pick... (Jun '10) Jun '10 Tiffany 2
News Elite Eight: Duke, Coach K back in Final Four (Mar '10) Mar '10 triple6vamp 4
News Duke, Coach K back in Final Four (Mar '10) Mar '10 blablabla 3
More from around the web