Pat Knight takes on father's role tonight

Full story: The Indianapolis Star

The seemingly subdued personality of Pat Knight is a direct contrast to the volatile temperament of his father.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of44
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Llw

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2008

Slap in the face to the fans and all aspiring coaches with the goal of acquiring a Divison-I head coaching job. Others were not even considered because Pat's dad gift wrapped this position for him. He should be ashamed to get a job this way instead of on his own merit.

“Play more golf!!!”

Since: Nov 07

West Lafayette, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2008

Izzo got his job the same way. I hope Pat does OK. He deserves it after working with that jacka$$ for all of these years.
Hug a Tree

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2008

I don't know that he will make it.
Chad

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2008

Llw wrote:
Slap in the face to the fans and all aspiring coaches with the goal of acquiring a Divison-I head coaching job. Others were not even considered because Pat's dad gift wrapped this position for him. He should be ashamed to get a job this way instead of on his own merit.
He wasn't ashamed when he accepted his gift wrapped scholarship to IU. His entire adult life has been handed to him. He will not be coaching Texas Tech after next season.
ExMeaSententia

Laguna Niguel, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2008

Pat, throw all the sweater vests in the trash. You're making enough money now to be able to afford a sweater WITH SLEEVES.
Always Half Full

Mooresville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2008

Chad wrote:
<quoted text>He wasn't ashamed when he accepted his gift wrapped scholarship to IU. His entire adult life has been handed to him. He will not be coaching Texas Tech after next season.
Once again we demonstrate haw far we have fallen as a society. We are delighted by others pains and problems. Then wish failure on others as they begin on a new journey. I would hope that all the shallow, bitter people in our society would look to find joy in other ways than wishing the worst on the "doers" of our society.
Kravitz is Benner Lite

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2008

Chad wrote:
<quoted text>He wasn't ashamed when he accepted his gift wrapped scholarship to IU. His entire adult life has been handed to him. He will not be coaching Texas Tech after next season.
You anti-Knight guys are stupid -- especially the kaintukeeians. Pat did not keep a scholarship from anyone. Like most universities do for children of their faculty and employees, Knight was able to pay a greatly-reduced tuition for Pat.

BTW, UK looks great this year. Get used to it. Gillespie sucks as a coach. And in case you are a stupid UL fan, Pitino is finished as a competitive coach as well.
henry

Avon, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2008

This was a way for Bobby to get out before the new administration booted him after this season. Now they have an out. They can say they want a more experienced coach, boot Pat, give him his contract buyout, and the new administration can hire who they want.

Just watch.
henry

Avon, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2008

Oh, and The General will be back sooner rather than later.

LLw

“divided we fail”

Since: Dec 07

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2008

Bob Knight stood for discipline, hard work, never giving up, and earning everything you get.. Unless it's getting a job for his son.
Hank

Carmel, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2008

Chad wrote:
Looks like Chad is moving on from bashing big Coach Knight to bashing little Coach Knight. What a sad little life you must endure.
hmmmm

Carmel, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2008

someone name one thing Pat Knight has done to EARN this job...besides of course playing for daddy, being asst coach to daddy, getting kicked by daddy.
athletic supporter

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2008

henry wrote:
This was a way for Bobby to get out before the new administration booted him after this season. Now they have an out. They can say they want a more experienced coach, boot Pat, give him his contract buyout, and the new administration can hire who they want.
Just watch.
And which coaching great do you think will want to come to Lubbock TX?????? Maybe you have the inside track on someone????
Bigger problems

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2008

College basketball, war in Iraq, unemployment, global warming, immigration reform, health care costs, over population, food supplies, AIDs, cancer, high blood presure, College basketball. Know I left something out that is equally important. Honestly don't care either way about his retirement or his sons appointment. Really why should anybody.
Knight fan

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2008

I'm sure it wasn't always easy playing and working with one's father. I would have a hard time spending time with my father on a daily basis, especially at work and play and my Dad sure isn't Bobby Knight. Bobby worked hard for years. He deserves a great retirement. I wish Pat all the luck in the world.
IU grad 82

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2008

Well I hope Pat has more class than his dad.
TN Hoosier

Columbia, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2008

Do you idiots think that maybe the winningest coach in the history of the game has not earned the right to hand pick his successor? Whether it is his son or not is irrelevant.

By that logic Donald Trump should not turn over operations of his companies to his kids.

Pat was given this opportunity and now he will have to perform. If anyone thinks he is in an easy position you are bat@#it crazy. I don't care who you are, having to follow the greatest coach in the history of the game is no piece of cake situation to find yourself in.
IU grad 82

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2008

Always Half Full wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again we demonstrate haw far we have fallen as a society. We are delighted by others pains and problems. Then wish failure on others as they begin on a new journey. I would hope that all the shallow, bitter people in our society would look to find joy in other ways than wishing the worst on the "doers" of our society.
Except that he could be taking a job from a truly deserving aspiring coach. He's been given everything in life and has never had to earn anything on his own. Unfortunately some people in life get ahead this way, but Pat is definitely not a 'doer', he's a taker.
henry

Avon, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2008

athletic supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
And which coaching great do you think will want to come to Lubbock TX?????? Maybe you have the inside track on someone????
Bobby went to Lubbock only because of his 30 year bud Gerald Myers. TT is not known for having coaching "greats." Changes are coming at TT. It happens at every university, new administration=changes.
guy

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2008

Purdue fan wrote:
Izzo got his job the same way. I hope Pat does OK. He deserves it after working with that jacka$$ for all of these years.
jealous are we???

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of44
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Baylor Bears NCAA Basketball Discussions

Search the Baylor Bears NCAA Basketball Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Conn's Appliances (Nov '07) Jun '14 Alexis 277
Profiling: Perry Jones III (Jun '12) Jun '12 ron 2
Longhorns have no plans to schedule Aggies in f... (Oct '11) Oct '11 D Dedwylder 1
Perry Jones vs. Terrence Jones: Who Will Be the... (Sep '11) Oct '11 robert brink 4
Pistons likely to look at big man with 7th pick... (Jun '10) Jun '10 Tiffany 2
Elite Eight: Duke, Coach K back in Final Four (Mar '10) Mar '10 triple6vamp 4
Duke, Coach K back in Final Four (Mar '10) Mar '10 blablabla 3
•••
•••
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••